test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ghost Ape in the new area?

plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
edited February 2020 in Bug Reports (PC)
This happened to me more than once already and with different toon. I killed the lone Glabrezu for the quest near the summoning mini HE area.

After I killed the lone Glabrezu (no other monster in the area, well, that is the reason I picked it), sometime, there would be a red AOE long cone shape red area came out which like the one before an Ape roars. However, there was no ape in the area, just the red mark on the ground. My toon would still be in combat mode and I could not bring up the ride. I needed to run away before my toon was released from combat.
*** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***

Comments

• bigman99#8273 bigman99 Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    I saw exactly the same thing with my sw alt today, killing Glabrezu for Etrien's quest. Killed one, nearish to the ramp that leads to BHE, heard a roar, saw the aoe red area on the ground but no ape was near and nothing attacked me. Stayed in combat until I moved out of the immediate area.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    I have just gone there again. This time I stayed longer. It is not just the AOE red. There was actual attack with the ape roar wave. It attacked more than once too. I think there is an ape in a lower layer underground. Its attack does not damage me though.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • josephskyrimjosephskyrim Member Posts: 356 Arc User
    Plasticbat, clearly the demon monkey is just terrified of you and opted to bury itself rather than face you directly! =D
    If you can't stand on a chest, it is a mimic!
    Ok, this has nothing to do with Glabrezu which is not around at the moment. I am standing there at 2259,3301 and the ghost Barlgura is attacking me and could damage me sometime.

21:43] [Combat (Self)] Barlgura deals 11978 (20289) Fire Damage to you with Phantasmal Force.

[21:43] [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Barlgura deals 18877 (31975) Fire Damage to you with Phantasmal Force.

• hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    This happened to me as well. I suspect that the Barlgura is below the terrain.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
    edited February 2020
    Wait! Fixing it may not be a good thing. That means the lone Glabrezu will not be a lone Glabrezu. :)
    Don't let the ape out! Don't let the ape out! .....
  • domino#8354 domino Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 36 Cryptic Developer
    Hello everyone, I am looking into this issue, could anyone here who has spotted this issue provide a screen shot or a more precise location?
    edited February 2020

Hello everyone, I am looking into this issue, could anyone here who has spotted this issue provide a screen shot or a more precise location?

@kbertaccodev#1362
    I already gave you the precise coordination of the map, 2259,3301.
    Go to that spot. Stand there and wait. It will take may be 3 seconds to hear the roar. Another 3 seconds to see the red AOE mark.
  • jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User

@kbertaccodev#1362
    Go to that spot. Stand there and wait. It will take may be 3 seconds to hear the roar. Another 3 seconds to see the red AOE mark.
    It's true. I went there, stood for a moment, was in combat and yeah (does that work?)

- bye bye -
  • domino#8354 domino Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 36 Cryptic Developer

@kbertaccodev#1362
    Apologies for missing that previously, I have now confirmed this issue, thanks for reporting.

@kbertaccodev#1362
    It's true. I went there, stood for a moment, was in combat and yeah (does that work?)

I think there is an ape "buried" in the raised terrain in the right side of your picture.

• wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    edited February 2020

This happened to me more than once already and with different toon. I killed the lone Glabrezu for the quest near the summoning mini HE area.

After I killed the lone Glabrezu (no other monster in the area, well, that is the reason I picked it), sometime, there would be a red AOE long cone shape red area came out which like the one before an Ape roars. However, there was no ape in the area, just the red mark on the ground. My toon would still be in combat mode and I could not bring up the ride. I needed to run away before my toon was released from combat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXexc5sjR2M

Post edited by wintersmoke on
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Ghost monkey, that deadly monkey!*

Team is on the issue per QA's follow up!

*with apologies to primatologists. I know monkeys are different from apes.

Ghost monkey, that deadly monkey!*

Team is on the issue per QA's follow up!

*with apologies to primatologists. I know monkeys are different from apes.

You never know what the after life of an ape would be. May be it becomes a ghost monkey. :)