test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dreadnought is now competitive in DPS

bombarj2010bombarj2010 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 17 Arc User
edited February 2020 in The Guard Barracks
I would like to thank you for your commitment to balance Dreadnoutght with the other DPS classes. With this change, we can now be invited to the parties and not be scared when there are CW, TR or HR together ... I think we will now be called to TOMM as DPS more easily and other final game dungeons as well. With 2 delay modules, but now we can say that we can really be respected again as DPS, as we always were before the last 2 modules. I am particularly enjoying the changes .... and you, what do you think of Fighter Dreadnought with this balance on the M18? Thanks to the DEVs.
Post edited by bombarj2010 on

Comments

• demarw2#2749 demarw2 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    I don't have mod 18, because I am playing on PS4. But if your comment is true, it will be really nice. We don't have to be better than other DPS classes, but we should be in line with them. So that we get an invitation to ToMM or other endgame dungeons. Very nice. Thanks to the devs.
  • bombarj2010bombarj2010 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 17 Arc User

I don't have mod 18, because I am playing on PS4. But if your comment is true, it will be really nice. We don't have to be better than other DPS classes, but we should be in line with them. So that we get an invitation to ToMM or other endgame dungeons. Very nice. Thanks to the devs.

Yes it's true. I played with Figther (BombaRJ Faus @ bombarj2010) on the PC for a long time, in the last 2 modules it was complicated to get parties for DGs and TOMM, we were always the last choice of DPS for a party, but now it really is very good. Let's change the bad impression of the last 2 modules that Fighters are not good DPS. ;)
  • akta#9913 akta Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    Congratulations, I'm really happy for you 😀😀😀😀😀
  • devilxjkdevilxjk Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    waiting for some stat/paingiver from tomm
    edited February 2020

Can't say that i see any big change to the time before mod 18. Doing the same damage as before. But i also don't play LOMM/TOMM.

There were many changes ... I will post some of the results on the M18 in some Epic Trials and DGs. I edited so that the names of the other players did not appear, I left only the first 3 letters to be able to identify. Many of those who are in 2nd and 3rd places in this highest damage ranking are End Game and experienced players in their respective classes. In the last two modules I didn't even come close to the damage of these players (CW, TR and HR), and look that I was already 26k from IL, I just put the boot and head (dps gear) of the M18 (which by the way are very good) . The rest is the same ... I've lost several times in the dps, mainly for SW, DC and GWF ... those when they know how to play it is very difficult to stay in 1th ...

My active companion is Bulett Pup, I will buy Xuna to test her to see if she is better than him....

OK... ToMM would be interesting. In the postet dungeons I have already been top dps in mod 17. Because our AoE damage is quite good. So it doesn't look like a huge buff for me :/
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    devilxjk said:

Yes please.
  • edenfay#2737 edenfay Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    Those paingiver results from LoMM would perhaps have been more illuminating if the other DPS weren't a Hellbringer and a second Dreadnought...
    edited February 2020

Those paingiver results from LoMM would perhaps have been more illuminating if the other DPS weren't a Hellbringer and a second Dreadnought...

I have results with several other classes at the party, in addition to Dreadnouth and Hellbringer, but as I said, my biggest difficulty is to win from SW, DCs and GWFs. Not that the other classes do not have a good DPS, just that I have more difficulties to defeat them ... I will send some more results ... just LOMM. I used printScr in all of them to analyze how my DPS was in relation to the other classes to have a parameter. I concluded that we are competitive on the M18, something that has not happened in the last 2 modules. Draw your conclusions.

I don't underestimate any class, especially SW, DCs and GWFs .... and Fighters !!! =)=)
    devilxjk said:

The problem is that I don’t have a closed group to do TOMM, I’ve always been Figther DPS and the consequence of this is the fact that I wasn’t called right at the beginning when I launched TOMM because of low damage… the groups were formed and are very closed, it’s difficult to get into some .... Some others are forming because of what I’m seeing, I’ll try to get into some of these to show some results closing it on the first attempt. But from what I saw, CWs and TRs are the best there ... =)

devilxjk said:

The problem is that I don’t have a closed group to do TOMM, I’ve always been Figther DPS and the consequence of this is the fact that I wasn’t called right at the beginning when I launched TOMM because of low damage… the groups were formed and are very closed, it’s difficult to get into some .... Some others are forming because of what I’m seeing, I’ll try to get into some of these to show some results closing it on the first attempt. But from what I saw, CWs and TRs are the best there ... =)
    yep :(

(if is possible) could you give us some paingiver pre/post boss, to see single target, Thanks for your effort.

• krevgkrevg Member Posts: 98 Arc User

With this change, we can now be invited to the parties and not be scared when there are CW, TR or HR together.

Having run with you through many mods, I'd never be scared to invite you to any party. You have always been able to pull nice damage on GF. I think part of the issue is that the damage due to GF has been undervalued in previous mods, as well as this mod. Even though my wizard main (Talia) was max damage nerfed in mod 18, I do think this is the most balanced mod we've seen in a long time. Play on GF is definitely smoother with the increased damage.
    krevg said:

With this change, we can now be invited to the parties and not be scared when there are CW, TR or HR together.

Having run with you through many mods, I'd never be scared to invite you to any party. You have always been able to pull nice damage on GF. I think part of the issue is that the damage due to GF has been undervalued in previous mods, as well as this mod. Even though my wizard main (Talia) was max damage nerfed in mod 18, I do think this is the most balanced mod we've seen in a long time. Play on GF is definitely smoother with the increased damage.
    Yes, I agree ... fear would not be the appropriate word actually ... but frustration ... Before the M18, when there were HR, TR and CW in some runs, I could achieve perfect rotations in various game situations mainly in boss, which is what I can remove the damage difference and at the end of the DG or Epic Trial I took a look at the paingiver .... 20kk difference in damage for the 1st ranking ... it was really very frustrating .... I agree with you that a long time I don't see such a good balance in relation to the classes :)
    Are there some new statistics or experiences from ToMM? Is Dreadnought viable now?
  • reeper#9973 reeper Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    Still lacking in the Single Target department :(
    single target sustained damage, is too low :(
    At-wills need another balance to make "fighter" competitive/usefull on fight like tomm(single target).
    devilxjk said:

single target sustained damage, is too low :(
    At-wills need another balance to make "fighter" competitive/usefull on fight like tomm(single target).

The correct rotation of GF's single target is very strong in my view, I don't know if it is the strongest ... I can compete with some very good players in the game on the single target. At-wills, on the other hand, leave a little to be desired even in spite of the improvement ... In TOMM I still don't have an opinion yet, I don't know if I have the correct set there (Halaster set) .. I know that CW and TR they get on very well there .... some training sessions that I did, I was in 2th, 3th or 4th in the paingiver ... always with a reasonable difference behind these classes, being that CW most of the time they are in 1th. But this difference is only in TOMM, in any other DG, skirmish and Trial, we are very competitive
    edited February 2020

Are there some new statistics or experiences from ToMM? Is Dreadnought viable now?

It is difficult to find a group for TOMM, most are closed ... I have joined some public party that are forming ... I haven't posted yet because I can't close TOMM on the 1st attempt ... the data of a match with success in the first attempt would be more relevant than posting a result in which I tried for 40 or 45 min I was not successful in finishing :/ ... And to answer another question, Dreadnought is now very viable with DPS too ....
    edited February 2020
    Yeah. I get your point. But you can note the damage before and after each run. And afterwards you can subtract them to get the data of the successful run.
    I use Anvil of Doom, Griffons Wrath and Bull Charge. In Phase 2 I switch Bull Charge and Momentum with Commanders Strike und Combat Superiority. We haven't got a real rotation since mod 16. Just use every 10 sec heavy slash for the 5% buff and all encounters on their cooldowns. The rest is brazen slash.
    edited February 2020
    In single target I use mount power, artifact, heavy slash, commanders strike, Griffon or Bull Charge + Momentun, Anvil ... finishing with Mow Down. Do all this rotation in 10 seconds due to the duration buff of the commanders strike ... not forgetting to always be in the area where the combat advantage will be activated and you will see that it is overwhelming ... While in the cooldown of encounters and you still have the Heavy slash buff, use the at will brazen slash. :)
    edited March 2020
    Here are some ToMM stats after the class balancing. These were only training runs, no finish. My conclusion is, that Dreadnought has still a disadvantage to other classes, but that diasadvantage got pretty low with mod 18. Now we can compete with other classes (or we have the chance to do that^^). But I have observed, that the damage output really depends on players skill.

My power was between 160k and 165k during these runs. So I was every time the DPS with the lowest power in the group.

Post edited by demarw2#2749 on
    edited March 2020

Here are some ToMM stats after the class balancing. These were only training runs, no finish. My conclusion is, that Dreadnought has still a disadvantage to other classes, but that diasadvantage got pretty low with mod 18. Now we can compete with other classes (or we have the chance to do that^^). But I have observed, that the damage output really depends on players skill.

My power was between 160k and 165k during these runs. So I was every time the DPS with the lowest power in the group.

Hello, thanks for bringing these statistics ... I didn't have time to bring the TOMM statuses here as DPS, even because in the most regular group I managed to do, I go to the tank :) . And for the past few weeks I've focused on getting the lionhearts ... and I got the set :p !!! But when I went to dps I also felt this small difference there, but only in TOMM we have this small disadvantage in relation to the classes that attack from a distance ... but nothing that influences so much ... this difference can be removed in finger B) . I'm really enjoying how Fighter Dreadnought is now ... it could improve a little more .... The tip I can give in TOMM is to use Bull charge + Momentum instead of Griffon, because there we will hardly reach the 3 hits because of the jump :s in the last attack and the halaster moves a lot ... it’s the skill of each one that gives the most difference there
    use both: Bull Charge AND Griffons Wrath ;)
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    That's pretty much the same experience I had. I sit at 160,000 Power when doing nothing, 175,000 with potions, ~197,000 with full Primal/Ebonized Stacks. I can appear competent enough to finish but not exactly topping any charts.

ACT is not mine but from a guildie. The team was doing solotank/2 healers/DPS mostly comprised of CWs with the occasional HR/TR tossed in, and Sume being broken as usual.

Sume (SumeTomo) was also running GF DPS and consistently tops the chart, though it's worth noting he's BiS in almost every way you could think of: insignias, kits, enchants, etc. 200,000ish Power while resting and goes much higher with potions/in combat buffs/etc. I'd bet he hits 250,000+ Power when he's fully buffed up.

To be clear: these runs aren't speed runs, they're guild runs. Not many people were playing their mains (exception: undergeared "DPS" GF) and we usually finish in ~20 minutes assuming we don't screw up badly like get a magnetic collision 2 minutes before phase 4.

The tip I can give in TOMM is to use Bull charge + Momentum instead of Griffon, because there we will hardly hit the 3 hits on account of the jump in the last attack and halaster moves a lot ... otherwise it's the skill of each one

1.4 second 3rd hit animation

:cry:

edited March 2021
    I understand pantha7 ... first you have to know if the classes that were in front of you in the dps have an item level similar to yours, and this is just one of the countless variables that made this happen ... this post I made in module 17 ... but since then the GF has become better in the dps category ... are you using gladiators guile to improve your movement speed? There are some other equipments in the game today that also improve your movement speed and that can heal your deficiency to dodge it in TIC and Zariel ... look for some more experienced GF in the game and ask and you will see that Dreadnought is much more competitive than when I made this post, especially in this module ... I will put some prints of the month of February when the combat changes were already in effect ... you will see that I am not mistaken ...

Post edited by bombarj2010 on
    Here are some prints...

These players are experienced and very good in their respective classes, I blurted because it is not the case to expose ... but it is there. As I said Fighter Dreadnought is much better now since I created the post .... ;)