test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Random queue role bonus changed on me!

ziggerlinziggerlin Member Posts: 57 Arc User
I'm sure this is a known issue, but I think this is pretty lousy. The first time it happened I thought it might be something wonky, but no, it's happened a couple times more.

When you queue for a random, the role bonus AD is give (presumably) for whichever role is needed at the time (pretty much always either tank or healer). So when I check the role bonus at the time, it says healer. So fine. I grab my healer and queue up. When I did, I instantly got in and the panel said the bonus was for a healer. When I finished, I did not get the bonus because by the time I *finished*, the bonus was for tanks even though it was for healers when I started the instance.

I get that the bonus will change based on which role is most scarce at the time. But if you start something that had a role bonus at the time, it should be honored, not flip on you halfway through the dungeon and give you no bonus.

Comments

• callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    I have never had that happen - maybe a bug?

Whatever role is active when I chose it is what I get. Whilst waiting the role changes, but as long as I chose Tank when it was Tank I get the Tank bonus.

Maybe report it to the bugs section?
  • ziggerlinziggerlin Member Posts: 57 Arc User

I have never had that happen - maybe a bug?

Whatever role is active when I chose it is what I get. Whilst waiting the role changes, but as long as I chose Tank when it was Tank I get the Tank bonus.

Maybe report it to the bugs section?

Thanks. Given that, I may need to start grabbing screenshots to verify it, if I am annoyed enough to get around to it. It's not a huge deal, but it's happened to me at least three times recently.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    Never had the role bonus change while in and never not gotten paid for it if it was applicable.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • ziggerlinziggerlin Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    I think I see what happens. When I queue as tank when there is a tank bonus active, IF the bonus switches to healer while I am waiting in the queue, I'm not getting the bonus. So in reality, I have to keep watching the active bonus while I am in the queue and leave the queue if it switches before I'm in a party. Still don't think that's good design.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    If you queue up in a role, even if you see that role change while you're in the queue, you still get the bonus for your role. All that is the queue changing for the next needed position.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    ^this^

This was adressed by Cryptic in a long-buried post. I cannot verify that the process is bug-free, but the game has been designed to give you the rolebonus as stated at the time you queue. Displayed role-bonus changes while in-queue have no affect unless you re-queue.
  • tchefi#6735 tchefi Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    It happened once to me during a cloak tower RLDQ : heavy lag with the "waiting for the server" message + counting seconds up, after got kicked out by the game and managed to come back before my toon was kicked from the instance, I didn't get my tank role bonus at the end.

Not sure though if it was the reason, as the same day i had the same problem during the REDQ (heavy lag) but get the role bonus at the end on my healer.