test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

lunar festival / rat coins

I saw some rat pup companions available in the auction house.

how did some people have enough rat coins to buy them? It requires 12 rat coins to buy the rat pup companion from the vendor; and I thought the event only started 3 days ago. is there an alternate way to acquire rat coins or for the rat pup companion to drop in a quest? or was there some way to exchange last year's boar coins for rat coins?

Answers

• Options
    carloswartune#5709 carloswartune Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    stoniar said:

how did some people have enough rat coins to buy them?

With the amazing power of friendship Zen.

• Options
    grrowler#0622 grrowler Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    oh!!!

I should have known, thank you!
  • Options
    dionchidionchi Member Posts: 919 Arc User
    Doing quests every day and limited to two Rat Coins a day, I don't think any player will be able to use this currency to purchase a Rat Pup prior to the end of the festival, without spending (either money or Zen) to get the 15 coins needed... at least I'm not aware of any way.

I still have Boar Coins from the last Festival of Lanterns in my inventory. Since the animal lunar cycle only repeat every 12-years and since they are Bound to Character, I'm thinking: "What a waste of time" since nothing else can be purchased with these coins other than the lunar animal - unless a player is willing to spend real world coin or Zen.
    DD~
  • Options
    carloswartune#5709 carloswartune Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    dionchi said:

Doing quests every day and limited to two Rat Coins a day, I don't think any player will be able to use this currency to purchase a Rat Pup prior to the end of the festival, without spending (either money or Zen) to get the 15 coins needed... at least I'm not aware of any way.

I still have Boar Coins from the last Festival of Lanterns in my inventory. Since the animal lunar cycle only repeat every 12-years and since they are Bound to Character, I'm thinking: "What a waste of time" since nothing else can be purchased with these coins other than the lunar animal - unless a player is willing to spend real world coin or Zen.

The rat costs 12 coins. The event was going to last 7 days, giving 14 coins, so you could actually take one day off. The event was extended for more 2 days due to the bug, so even players starting today can get the companion. Players who haven't experienced the bug will be able to miss up to 3 days and still get the companion for free.
  • Options
    dionchidionchi Member Posts: 919 Arc User

dionchi said:

The rat costs 12 coins. The event was going to last 7 days, giving 14 coins, so you could actually take one day off. The event was extended for more 2 days due to the bug, so even players starting today can get the companion. Players who haven't experienced the bug will be able to miss up to 3 days and still get the companion for free.
    My bad, for some reason I thought the cost of the Rat Pup was 15 coins not 12... color me embarrassed - :frown:

DD~
  • Options
    tanais58cranetanais58crane Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    dionchi said:

dionchi said:

My bad, for some reason I thought the cost of the Rat Pup was 15 coins not 12... color me embarrassed - :frown:

Uh. Weird request. But if you insist.

That does it? Yes? Good.

Now, strange petitions aside, I wanted to say that these rat companions have been quite the success from the developer's part, I know some that like them enough to be farming more than twenty of them so their characters can get one each.

And the low price on the lunar coinpurse makes it an actually tempting purchase, good choices all around.
    The stars are falling, and the old gods silent as death, with the blood sworn to rip you down from the night sky, what cost will pose too high?