test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

auto refining immediate undo button please.

thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
when you accidently hit refine on something you don't want to refine. there is no back out button. you try to back out it still refines. we really need an undo button that holds for like 30 seconds after you refine something I just refined some very expensive green insignias that I had no intention of ever refining. honestly taking the insignia button out of the auto refine process would also work.

Comments

• carloswartune#5709 carloswartune Member Posts: 265 Arc User

honestly taking the insignia button out of the auto refine process would also work.

I wouldn't like that, as I use this button very frequently to convert garbage insignia drops (I have the good ones marked as protected, so the button does not select them). But I agree: an undo button would be awesome.
  • mdarkangel#4696 mdarkangel Member Posts: 442 Arc User
    "Mark as Protected"
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    mark as protected isn't always a viable thing to have on especially if you are in the process of selling said stack. mark as protected works for things that you are wearing or not touching but for things you are actively using, selling moving around it's not really viable. having an undo button or an option to turn off a category would be better imo.
    Seriously. I mark everything in my inventory I don't want accidentally refined or sold to a vendor. If I want to mail it, move it to a guild bank, or stick it on the auction house, I unmark it.

It really isn't that difficult.

And it's a lot more convenient than having to wait another 30 seconds for my auto-refine to do its job.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,182 Arc User
    I just don't do auto-refine. I let the account bound, char bound, no bound of different varieties to stack in a section of the inventory of every character. Then, "organize" them (move the unbound to the centralized storage, pick refine the char bound and account bound) once in a long while. Too much work to auto refine or to remember to mark everything for all the characters.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    On the way, I vote for some solution for the insignia plague... At least 2 bags on each char filled with that HAMSTER.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User

Seriously. I mark everything in my inventory I don't want accidentally refined or sold to a vendor. If I want to mail it, move it to a guild bank, or stick it on the auction house, I unmark it.

It really isn't that difficult.

And it's a lot more convenient than having to wait another 30 seconds for my auto-refine to do its job.

I am on console. It IS that difficult. it's a pia to mark and unmark things. I'm not sure why anyone would make that kind of argument against having an undo button or a off switch for a category. how does it trouble people who like marking everything to have that functionality?
    I'm on console too. It's real easy to skip past the Mount Insignia category, I might even say it's easier to do on console than PC where you have an easier chance of clicking a category you don't want.

Don't make me suffer the slings and arrows of your disinterest in a function that is already designed to do exactly what you want. That is, stop you from accidentally refining an item.