test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Can we please expand the current PVE Stronghold Structures to 5 (from 4)

nhogsnhogs Member Posts: 12 Arc User
We have had a repeated discussion within our guild (130+ members) over the last few months. We have a reasonable number of players who want the Wizards Tower constructed for HP but we are currently maxed out with 4: Temple, Stables, Mercenary Outpost and Barracks. However we have no clear majority on what to destroy. In this situation we cannot please everyone. Knowing that you are going to have to disappoint part of your most active player base, as a guild leader, is not fun. I could write a lot about merits of different structures and leadership types but actually there is an obvious answer... in this case ask for a rule change... so can we please expand the max number of PvE structures to 5.
Thanks for your time
Haell

Comments

• Options
    kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 668 Arc User
    The guild I belong to just went through this, deciding to tear down the explorer's guild and build the mercenary outpost in its place.
  • Options
    nhogsnhogs Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Interesting and thank you for the response. May I ask which 4 boon structures you have/will have.
    Thanks

Haell
  • Options
    aureneeshie#5663 aureneeshie Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    Why is the guild limited in the number of structures at all?
    A guild at maximum level as we are, should not be limited to the number of structures we can build. The utility of the boons attached to the structures only have real value at the optimal level of the structure. If a guild has sufficient active membership to obtain the materials/time/effort to maximize these structures why should we be limited at all? At the end of the day we are still able to choose only one boon from each subset so it's not as if a high level guild would have an advantage over a less developed/growing guild.

The members of the guild would have more choices in terms of boons and more likely more interest in contributing to the optimization of the different structures. That to me seems to be more likely to increase not only guild membership participation but coffer contributions from more members working towards optimizing the structures of their preference for the boons they want.

Maybe I'm missing something, but why the limit on structures in the first place, especially for a maximum level guild?
  • Options
    sophokles#8247 sophokles Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I fully agree with nhogs and aureneeshie. The guild boons are a significant asset and they are an asset that is well earned by the guild members. It takes a long time to get a guild to max level and building the structures involves a lot of effort by an active guild membership.

That said, I want to point out that it were changes in game mechanics that caused the discussion about tearing down a boon structure and replacing it with another within the guild. From my point of view this has to be taken into account.

I don't know, if this is obvious, but I'd like to point out, that the needed resources for upgrading boon structures come from the early campaigns. It is no problem for a veteran to do the legacy campaign quests an you get something out of it from sybilla's legacy quests, but it is boring grinding activity that eats up limited game time. I want to play the interesting new content not the old stuff over and over again.

So let the new players do this stuff! But they won't. The change to the game since Mod 16 gives the new players access to the interesting content. There is no real reason to do the old campaigns, one after another as it was in the old days. So high level guilds veteran members won't do the old quest because the have done enough of them. And new members want to tho the new and exiting stuff that gives them heavy gear.

The consequence of the above is that any guild should think twice before tearing down a maxed boon structure. I will take quite a while to get the new structure to a useful level.

What could be the answer? Surely, since the problems come from the new game mechanics introduced since Mod 16, there should be a compensation.

Best would be, to rework strongholds all together. Modernizing the quests and mechanics, so that guilds have a chance to grow as their players progress in the game. But I understand that the developers that designed the stronghold module are not with the stuff any more.

Second best would be to allow more guild boon plots. Why not? But I fear, this solution would involve a rework of the module.

Another way could be, that you get the resources put into a structure back, whenever you tear one down.

Something has to be done.