test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lunar event broken for non-newcomers

dominious12dominious12 Member Posts: 92 Arc User
edited January 2020 in General Discussion (PC)
The current run of the lunar new year event is FUBAR for players who completed it last year.

Talking to the event NPCs should result in a player being given 2 quests; "Year of the Rat" and "Red Envelopes" but players who completed the event last year are not given the Red Envelopes quest, completion of which is required to finish "Year of the Rat" and properly start the event.

Right now the event works properly for characters that did not participate last year, but is impossible to progress for players who did the year of the boar event.

EDIT Workaround found; Get someone new to party with you and share the 2 missing quests. If you complete those the main one will then progress normally.
Post edited by dominious12 on

Comments

• ph33rm3ph33rm3 Member Posts: 549 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    I participated in this event last year and I too am bugged. I am unable to complete the first part of the initial quest line: Learn about the Feast of Lanterns. Not being able to complete this prevents me from completing the red envelope and fireworks quests. All I can do is speak to the other NPC who gives the comfort dogs quest. I can do that quest fine.

P.S.
    I have 2 Boar Coins left over from last year. Could this be the problem?
  • carloscorelliacarloscorellia Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    I got the same issue..
  • dominious12dominious12 Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    I assume this problem is because the second intro quest "Red Letters" is non-repeatable. Since I already completed it last year the game can't give it to me again.
  • telander#9094 telander Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Same issue, completed it last year.
  • checco86checco86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3 Arc User
    The event worked fine for my 2 new characters but I can't complete it with my old ones: the fireworks quest and the red envelopes one doesn't shows up and I can't pick them
    Ok, a nice person in PE shared their quests with me, and I was able to do the starter fireworks and red letter quests. Completing those seems to have fixed it for me.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,184 Arc User
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • krumple01krumple01 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
    I am also bugged and played the event last year. I can pick up the quests but progress can't be made. I know what to do but nothing lets me make progress. I've tried to abandon the quest and pick it back up several times. No success. Ive tried to join new players who have never an it hoping it might cause progress to be made for me, doesn't work either.
  • ph33rm3ph33rm3 Member Posts: 549 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    CONFIRMED. If someone shares the quest with you, you CAN complete them. I have successfully completed mine thanks to someone sharing the quests.
  • putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    maybe... we should spend less time worrying about reworking VIP and more time introducing the QA department to "test scripts" so we can have our first bug free deployment of the 20s?

Here's a link to software testing certification in case you want to get some training for the QA staff https://astqb.org/
  • winteranestiwinteranesti Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    I completed quest with by receiving it from new player. I however did not get any rewards and I cannot retake the quest anymore. I broke down and just bought the rat..Congrats Cyptic..you won a sale due to making participating impossible.
    edited January 2020
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_gVAMmzUfc

... or you can intern as a QA tester at the world's leading producer of gaming bugs

EDIT Workaround found; Get someone new to party with you and share the 2 missing quests. If you complete those the main one will then progress normally.

Don't forget that quest sharing is a ban-able offense. We lost many hero's of neverwinter to quest sharing in the past.

https://reddit.com/r/Neverwinter/comments/1lbb4z/account_banned_arcane_reservoir/

• kungskabb#9290 kungskabb Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    I can't even believe how they manage to bork everything. There must be some truly inept coders in their staff.
  • sgtpostal#4408 sgtpostal Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    sighs..... always somethin always somethin... got year of rat quest..... cant complete it though bc cant get fireworks or deliver red letters..... always somethin........ smh
    Next year is next year people's problem. Sigh!
    This year is last year people's problem. Sigh!
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    you can't blame coders for things that happen so consistently. when the same thing happens over and over again, its a leadership problem. either they don't hire well, they don't train well, they don't manage well, or they don't put in the place the quality verification required to deliver quality products. I'm confident the coders individually are either doing the best job they can or lack motivation knowing that no matter how good a job they do, their support is so weak they are unable to deliver quality products.

an employees job is to excel, a managers job is to put employees into a position to excel

another way to look at it is based on a quote from Tom Hirshfield "If you hit the target every time, it’s too near or too big."

Maybe the target is near or large enough. Maybe they need to scale down their aspirations to a manageable amount. Then once we can see what they truly have the resources to manage, we can decide if that is the game we wish to engage in.
  • b0rkch0pb0rkch0p Member Posts: 383 Arc User

I can't even believe how they manage to bork everything. There must be some truly inept coders in their staff.

Right!? leave the b0rking to the pros.. :P
  • newnickunregisterednewnickunregistered Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    Same issue here, run the event last year, got another yellow "introductory" quest this year, but it's uncompleteable.
    I have managed to fix 3 characters with the sharing solution, but one of them seems to be permanently broken, I think I handed int he quests in the wrong order and now the "year of the rat" quest won't complete, and I can't be given the missing quest again. So I guess 1 character is FUBAR now.
  • jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    There IS an issue with the order. I could do the quests, I haven't done last years event, but I had to ask the npcs behind several times and when I got it right, they finally let me have the quests.
    - bye bye -
  • tecmysttecmyst Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    Done some testing and it looks like the order is also important if you get 2 shared quests.

1st you need to talk with Festival Crier, Far Eastern Envoy and Far Easter Pyrobolist (here you need to accept the quest with dogs to have options to 'talk') only after this 3 positions are checked in your journal ('Year of the Rat' quest) you can start doing this 2 shared quests. After completing them there is some more talking with all 3 persons and main quest is also done. Than you can do 2 repeteable quests (Red Envelope, Fireworks) to get your 2 rat coins.

Good luck!

• nativerock9015#2463 nativerock9015 Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    This is also an issue on xbox, I cannot get the quests on my other characters that completed last year's feast. But my new characters have done today's quests.
  • bookflirtbookflirt Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    Acknowledgment of this issue would be a great way to at least give the community a sense that things are being looked at and or addressed.
    Books📚
    edited January 2020
    bookflirt said:

Acknowledgment of this issue would be a great way to at least give the community a sense that things are being looked at and or addressed.

They already acknowledged it many hours ago.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1254190/feast-of-lanterns-dog-firework-quests
    PC server will be restarted in 8 minutes. Hopefully, it will fix this issue.
  • nativerock9015#2463 nativerock9015 Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    Hope they fix problem on consoles too
  • grrowler#0622 grrowler Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    the restart seems to have fixed the issue with picking up the quest objectives.

.. now to nitpick: when you observe the fireworks display, it still explodes into the silhouette of a boar.