test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Legendary Pack Follow-up & Lockbox Odds

13»

Comments

• thany#4351 thany Member Posts: 267 Arc User
    Some people still don't get it. We will get leg. mount through hell pit event. Well, I hope so, because as a new player i don't know what is for sure in this game aynmore. Sometimes for exploits you can get ban and sometimes you can get leg mount. I'am confused. I'am pretty sure i'll not spend a dime into this because this is madness. Anyway. It's not about leg, it's about fair play. I don't want anything for me, but people with VIP should get something. Why are they wrong/guilty because they were on job instead of waiting to use that exploit ?!?! This is not right at all.
  • bigdragon#4214 bigdragon Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    This is the first legal bug in game... Bad move cryptic... Cryptic had banned many people for ravenloft bug for gain a bit of astral diamonds.. And now that the player gain more more more diamons not ban? Ridicolous... This is uncorretly for the player that play game in legacy and don't have open stardock box
  • bigdragon#4214 bigdragon Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    I think that now cryptic should be give 1 stargock leggendary box bounded at all players that is online when bug is live... I don t need it but is the right move for all players i think
  • wormy1969wormy1969 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    It seems unbelievably ridiculous that you did not just roll the database back. Giving a small subset of the population a free legendary mount just sucks. Time after time since the end of November I have ended up feeling ripped off. Lowering discounts, removing Black Friday bonuses for zen purchases and giving free legendary mounts to people who are not me. It is like nobody running the show understands basic human psychology. Maybe think things through before you make decisions.
  • quickfoot#7851 quickfoot Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    *Sigh*

It's nice to see they didn't ban people who got one, my only concern is those ***holes that try to make irl money off the game abusing this w/ many accounts. I would be so grateful if they gave those who logged in that day and didn't get one, a free bta leg stardock mount pack, but it's not the end of the world to me if they don't either (and they probably wont, that would be insanely awesome if they actually did).

Been playing since ToD was released and haven't gotten a leg drop from a lockbox yet, bought the ones I do have, while there is a tinge of angst regarding this issue, mostly I feel like it's in the past, forget about it.

• js3bjs3b Member Posts: 368 Arc User
    still nothing on this @dev?
    Founder back a week ago, already pissed by cryptic ''no roll back'' decision

• spelldazerspelldazer Member Posts: 315 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    Funny, I read the official statement to mean box was working as intended. They developed a lockbox with odds that can be updated after release, but forgot to deactivate it for this release. They don't want us learning the odds on preview and need a way to adjust loot to supply and demand. That's how I understand it anyway..
  • kerare#5654 kerare Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    well as always no satisfaction or balance and the few get the reward..yes grats to them and well that other thing to everyone else. formally a constant supporting member (vip) and bountiful HAMSTER drops for it,never more! better to just wait till the next mistake,odds of that seem better than any fair reward system. yet another reason will never spend another dime on this game...no credibility left at all. and just as lazy on addressing KNOWN issues. fair.... right, who cares, long as sales are good...;(
  • milehighxr#1299 milehighxr Member Posts: 461 Arc User

People still complaining is weird.

Instead of realizing that they plan to probably make legendary mounts more accessible so people won't have to open lockboxes for 2-3 years to get 1 legendary mount between their 10 toons. This likely ends up with more legendary mounts in the game at a cheaper price point on the resale (auction) market. It would add more balance to the game as the damage gap between new and "skilled" players get smaller. It would allow the devs an excuse to make the game a little harder also since it would be easier to gain that legendary combat power or mount bonus that makes content easier. Also all you complaining about not getting one would get one sooner.

I will say if this error really was a glimpse at how accessible the legendary mounts may be, I won't complain beyond the normal.. "These suck"

I got my 5th legendary mount in 2 yrs on thursday night(xbox). With free keys no less. While I would love to see better odds on the legendary mounts, I can see the people that use them as their "cash flow" from the AH complaining hugely if there was to be any increase in legendary mount drops.
  • skrewfaz3d#1482 skrewfaz3d Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    This is Neverwinter. Not 'Market Simulator 2020'
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

People still complaining is weird.

Instead of realizing that they plan to probably make legendary mounts more accessible so people won't have to open lockboxes for 2-3 years to get 1 legendary mount between their 10 toons. This likely ends up with more legendary mounts in the game at a cheaper price point on the resale (auction) market. It would add more balance to the game as the damage gap between new and "skilled" players get smaller. It would allow the devs an excuse to make the game a little harder also since it would be easier to gain that legendary combat power or mount bonus that makes content easier. Also all you complaining about not getting one would get one sooner.

I will say if this error really was a glimpse at how accessible the legendary mounts may be, I won't complain beyond the normal.. "These suck"

I got my 5th legendary mount in 2 yrs on thursday night(xbox). With free keys no less. While I would love to see better odds on the legendary mounts, I can see the people that use them as their "cash flow" from the AH complaining hugely if there was to be any increase in legendary mount drops.
    Meanwhile, some of us have been playing for more than 2 years, and never seen a single legendary mount drop. RNGesus does not love us all equally.
  • n0wy0useeme#9270 n0wy0useeme Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    I'm confused...with Barovia, you knew months in advance, began quietly investigating, and then rewarded the worst offenders with permabans and moderate offenders with temporary bans. In this case, you knew 9 days out and rewarded the worst offenders with leg packs? Please tell me some devs got some written warnings placed in their permanent records? Or maybe Cryptic is Now Hiring? :)
    That being said, I am all for an increase in the drop rate of legendaries.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    There were no offenders.

The people in Barovia went out of their way to glitch an instance. The people at m18 launch opened a lockox. The difference is fairly obvious.

Cryptic will only declare opening a lockbox to be an exploit the day they want to kill their game's income. This was 100% the studio's fault and no one else's.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • arkai#8115 arkai Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    On barovia they never write on game watch out there this glitch to not use... i not used cuz i read forum so i was safe but ppl who didint read forum have did and got ban.they had all time to fix this without ban ppl. So is like banning ppl for when was possible glitch drufi or when with portobellos wand yu was able to re-enter in boss fight during dingeons without using scroll ...if yu jave a knowed issue is better advertising ppl in game on main page with a message ... On consolle we havent see any message ..

.ps .

why they didnt ban ppl for green broken insigna on mod16.
    ppl with green insigna with 500k power and ridiculus equip take advantage on lomm drop..they wasnt ban why?
    Thats all ok to me but barovia issue was bad managed to me. And cris know this very well. Ban ppl is like auto nerf incoming $.better fix the game and just remove illegal ad easy easy
  • n0wy0useeme#9270 n0wy0useeme Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Like people who went out of their way to glitch Drufi? And with barovia they knew about it, from preview server, months in advance and still let it go live on all three platforms. And they warned us, weeks after it went live and then had to ban like 90% of the playerbase whether they stopped doing it after the warning or not. And from what I thought I read, people used a "trick" to get the leg packs, or at least some did. Maybe I read wrong though. Point being, I think people look for broken mechanics in games all the time, whether it be to exploit the system, or whether it's for fun, what it boils down to is how the game studio deals with the people who find the glitches and report them, and then how they deal with the aftermath of the glitches. Caturday we saw a rollback, not sure they ever fixed Drufi, you can still use the wand to re-enter some boss fights, Barovia saw mass bans and removal of items, and stardock we see....congratulations on winning your first leg pack? I just wish there was more emphasis placed on the info coming out of preview server, and I'd like to see more uniformity in dealing with the glitches. Cuz there will be glitches, and maybe they can't always stop them from going live, but they can have a definitive way of dealing with them so that we know going forward what to expect. The lockbox may have been a gray area as far as whether people were exploiting it against TOS but I'm still a bit surprised that they didn't shut it down sooner tbh. I'm on Xbox myself so it doesn't affect me as far as I know, guess I'll find out tomorrow :) I kinda feel bad for the devs who are probably scrambling to do fixes, when their intent was to make things better for the game and players.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Server was up for maybe 5 mins and the bug/issue was completely outside the players' hands. Open a Stardock box inside that time window and you had a greatly enhanced chance to get the legendary pack. That's all that happened. It took those few minutes for someone at Cryptic to realize what was going on and get the server shut back down.

While I don't think there has ever been an official statement, economic exploits like Caturday or Barovia tend to get action taken against peoples' accounts. Dungeon/Combat/PVP exploits do not. Not all offenses are treated equally. This is true both in the game and outside it.

And again, there was no exploit with the Stardock boxes. Cryptic messed up the odds and let it go live. People used keys in the normal way and because of the heightened drop rate, got a lot more legendaries than the studio intended.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    pitshade said:

Server was up for maybe 5 mins and the bug/issue was completely outside the players' hands. Open a Stardock box inside that time window and you had a greatly enhanced chance to get the legendary pack. That's all that happened. It took those few minutes for someone at Cryptic to realize what was going on and get the server shut back down.

While I don't think there has ever been an official statement, economic exploits like Caturday or Barovia tend to get action taken against peoples' accounts. Dungeon/Combat/PVP exploits do not. Not all offenses are treated equally. This is true both in the game and outside it.

And again, there was no exploit with the Stardock boxes. Cryptic messed up the odds and let it go live. People used keys in the normal way and because of the heightened drop rate, got a lot more legendaries than the studio intended.

I'm still waiting for the price to drop on AH...