test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes: NW.120.20200106a.20

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
Patch Notes for tomorrow's maintenance are now available.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11359473

Comments

• urtew3urtew3 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    if the helm of the red feather clan was added to patch notes maybe i would by this item for all my toons if this wasn't for just t the barb fighter and pally why i would like to see this item get changed for how you cant find it anywhere on the auction house
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User
    Improved Bag of Holding that weren't bound before are now bound to account... when will that bug be fixed?
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    Kessell's Retreat Key is now prioritized... that is a nice improvement. I am just curious if you made it capable to open the chest as well. Because that is another bug related to the chest.
  • devilxjkdevilxjk Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    The Barlgura HE in Avernus has had its Chaotic Writings reduced to 50 per completion, down from 100.
    Minor HEs in Avernus have had their Chaotic Writings reduced to 20 per completion, down from 75.
    Juma's Surprise Pack no longer incorrectly awards 5k Rough Astral Diamonds per open. It still has a chance to award 2.5k RAD, as intended.
    To help counterbalance the above changes, the cost of Juma's Surprise Pack has been reduced to 100 Chaotic Writings, down from 300.

2 APE- > 1 Juma's Surprise Pack instead of 3 APE (ape Buff)
    5 Minor He -> 1 Juma's Surprise Pack instead of 4 (Nerf)

i dont like this, i prefear a lot going around for minor he, instead of jumping from ape to ape
  • nooneatzanooneatza Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    Juma's Surprise Pack no longer incorrectly awards 5k Rough Astral Diamonds per open. It still has a chance to award 2.5k RAD, as intended.

As long as you guys didn't do any shady things like ninja nerfing other drop rates it's all cool.
  • cookiewookiee#8732 cookiewookiee Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    regenerde said:

Improved Bag of Holding that weren't bound before are now bound to account... when will that bug be fixed?

This is not a bug, it is a change they've made on purpose. Was in patch notes a while back.
  • jabobohjaboboh Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 30 Arc User

Once again you are showing that trusting you is a mistake. I wonder how long it will take until last customer says "enough".
    So, yeah. We have it again - what players benefit from, you nerf. What is ruined and not working - you don't give a HAMSTER. Bravo. At least you keep it in line with your usual "we don't care" attitude.

You need to breath a little.

While I agree the response on bug fixes has been sub-par for some time, it is difficult to track down and fix something they can't reproduce inhouse.

I have mained a CW since just before IWD dropped and I have never experienced the issues you are reporting. I don't say this to claim it isn't happening, I mention it to illustrate that it obviously isn't a bug that is easily reproduced.

As for engaging mobs as you pass by, I have had instances where I've been dismounted for no reason and started to attack mobs. I fixed that problem by turning off the 'trackpad' on my laptop. The pressure on the wrist rest or part of my hand was brushing it and my laptop was registering it as a mouse click.

If you play on a laptop, that might be something that will help with that particular problem.

• madrigal#2900 madrigal Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    todays 'fix' for slow companions has nerfed the warlock soul puppet, you attack a boss, and shadow step around to avoid the 'red' thats our mechanic..while the puppet attacks too..only now if you shadow step 20 feet away it breaks combat and teleports to you, then stands there like a lemon until you take damage before it engages..this leaves the option of standing toe-to-toe and slugging it out, but we are not a tank. we have many long ranged attacks and now a def pet that will not ever be more than 20 ft from us...effectively making all our ranged attacks useless over 20 ft, and our mechanic with shadow step useless.
  • some1stolemynicknamesome1stolemynickname Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    jaboboh said:

While I agree the response on bug fixes has been sub-par for some time, it is difficult to track down and fix something they can't reproduce inhouse.

One can assume the low FPS bug (inspecting another player/CoDG spawns) would be easy to reproduce in house since so many players are effected by it. That's one they need to fix ASAP before it starts causing hardware damage (CoDG crashes especially could do that). BSOD crashes can shorten the life of your computer components. In this case the CPU and graphics card would be the most effected.
  • vattaravattara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 279 Arc User
    "Players who had unusable spots in their inventory now properly have the coupons that had been there before the module release."
    Slot in my inventory still appears empty and still gives Inventory Full error when try to use it. Right clicking on the slot gives me the option to protect the slot's invisible "item"
    Left click and drag to discard shows an item icon but can not discard it. :(
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User
    edited January 2020

regenerde said:

This is not a bug, it is a change they've made on purpose. Was in patch notes a while back.
    Well, bags that were in the Auction House when this was done are still "Binds on Equip" (Account), the same goes for bags that are now being bought from the store, and i guess bags in the guild bank were also not effected, while bags that were in the player inventory/bank/account bank are now bound to account regardless of if they were bound to character or unbound before.

And yes, the change of character bound bags to account bound bags was mentioned in the patch notes:
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11352603
    but this is a bug or a mistake.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/comment/13139913
    also i'm not the only one that would like to get their unbound bags into order again...
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • bigman99#8273 bigman99 Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    On a positive note, the bonus for Alpha Compy companion power now seems to be sticking at the correct %, even after dying or changing zones. TY for that.
  • sharkfiend#8982 sharkfiend Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    The dead inventory slot problem is still broken. It looks empty but when something is placed there you get the error "inventory full". It is on only on some characters and in different spots and began after the mod 18 release.
  • brewaldbrewald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    Patch absolutly bugged!!
    1. 100% GPU usage with a RTX 2070 Graphic Card
    2. Impossible to use artifacts (tome of tales)

Post edited by brewald on
    Brewald - GWF 18.3k
    Eleonore - CW Mof Renegade 17.5k
    Harlgard le Vieux - OP Prot 18.3k
    Valrik - DC AC 18.2k
    Furiela - SW Temp 18.1k
  • cylinux#1030 cylinux Member Posts: 1 New User
    20 writing per minor heroic?? is this a joke? why would they nerf minor heroics this way? now no one will do them and they will still spam that dammed ape. good job developers