test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Challenge of the Legacy Campaign (bug list)

pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
edited August 2020 in Bug Reports (PC)

1 Fury of the Feywild

Adventures

1. All issues fixed

Conqueror

1. (no issues found)

2 Shadowmantle

Adventures

1. All issues fixed

Conqueror

1. Dread Spire mobs do not count, unlike mobs in the other 2 lairs

3 Curse of Icewind Dale

Adventures

1. Return on Investment does not count.

Conqueror

1. (no issues found)

Heroics

1. All three IWP BHEs aren't consistently giving credit. May be related to a high damage threshold.
  2. Raid the Raiders Epic and Captured Prospectors Major may not spawn completely and be impossible to finish.
  3. Remorhaz can still die so quickly that people don't get credit for the Sybella quest, or even get rewards. This is even with mining Black Ice and dealing damage to mobs.

4-5 Tyranny of Dragons/Rise of Tiamat

Adventures

1. Only counts quests in Well of Dragons despite being named as Tyranny of Dragons
  2. Does not count Rewards for the Hoard quest given by the coffer
  3. Does not count Zhentarim Scouts quest given by Shay Cutter

Conqueror

1. Does not count mobs in the lairs, unlike some other zones - unclear which is intended

Heroics

1. (no problems noted apart from issue with mod 4 HEs as noted under Adventures)

8 Underdark

Heroics

1. (no problems noted)

9 Maze Engine

Adventures

1. (problems noted at launch have all been corrected)

10 Storm King's Thunder

Adventures

1. All problem fixed!

Conqueror

1. Lonelywood mobs count double

Heroics

1. (no problems noted)

11 The Cloaked Ascendancy

Adventures

1. (no problems noted)

Conqueror

1. (no problems noted)

Heroics

1. (no problems noted except years long issue with missing mobs and/or ritual leader still persists)

12-13 Tomb of Annihilation/Lost City of Omu

Adventures

1. Omu weekly quests do not count unlike similar quests from Soshenstar
  2. Fane of the Night Serpent is an exception as it does count
  3. Omu Found Quest, Fallen Templar's Journal does not count.

Conqueror

1. (no problems noted)

Heroics

1. (no problems noted except that King of Spines HE now finishes so quickly it can be hard to get credit for character who are not already present when KOS is engaged.

14 Ravenloft

Adventures

1. (no problems noted)

Conqueror

1. Seems fixed. Still haven't rechecked spiders or Runic Specters but scarecrows and broom count.
"We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
Post edited by pitshade on

Comments

• pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Typed this up in hopes it will help the devs fix the outstanding issues with this newish feature.
    @percemer
    Storm Kings Thunder
    Conqueror - Lonelywood mobs count double - Each mob adds 2% rather than 1%
    Added Animated Brooms to list of Barovian mobs not counting towards Conqueror.
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    Devs et el, an acknowledgement will be nice...
    Added notes on Fane of the Night Serpent and Fallen Templar's Journal in Tomb of Annhilation.
    Added note about War Makers Camp in Sharandar
    Merchant Misery Heroic in Barovia is still bugged with last wave of mobs taking 5 minutes to spawn. It has been like this for over a year now. Similar bugs with Mart. Merchants and The Taken were fixed.
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    pitshade said:

Merchant Misery Heroic in Barovia is still bugged with last wave of mobs taking 5 minutes to spawn. It has been like this for over a year now. Similar bugs with Mart. Merchants and The Taken were fixed.

This one keeps being intermittent for me. Some days I experience it every time it's up and other days it doesn't happen. Unfortunately inconsistencies in bugs make them harder to resolve, especially if they've been resolved before but somehow are again present >.<
  • odesa109odesa109 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Hi, In The Cloaked Ascendancy adventures, lair quests did not count as quests for me. Pretty much the only one that counted there was the one with dockhands.
    Which lairs, demiplanes or dig sites? I haven't had a problem with dig sites. Demiplanes only count if you use the stone, as far as I can tell. The initial unlock doesn't count except for the related quests.
    Used Kabal's portal stone 3 times, none of them counted towards Sybella's quest completion. Did not try dig site, compleated the one where you have to kill 30 mobs instead, it did not count towards Sybella's quest completion, neither did the weakly. After I found that dochands count, I just did that for 5 days.
    edited October 2019
    The quests to retrieve an item from a dig count. The one to kill mobs doesn't. I should edit the OP for this, when I'm on my desktop as the phone messes up HTML posting.

I have gotten a quest completion using a portal stone. Not sure why it wasn't working for you. Just to be sure, the stone was yours?

Best method I've found is either 3xDigs with retrieval quest and dock workers or to skip dock workers and do 4 digs with retrieval.
    Yes, the stone was mine. Got it from the box in case that changes anything.
    Anyway thank you for the buglist, it's very helpful.
  • wisper2048wisper2048 Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    Only Remorhaz and Black Ice Beholder count as epic despite other HEs being shown as 10+
    Defend/free prospectors HE (I do not remember exact name) in IWP (when located between entry and BT) are counted as BHE now. Bears HE in the same place is not counted. The same encounters are not counted in DV.
    edited November 2019
    IIRC it is called Black Ice Prospectors. The other BHE in the Pass is Raid the Raiders. I can't test either since I skipped taking the heroics quests this time around. I'll make a note on the OP this evening when I'm at home if I can remember.

Corrupted Bears should be a Major HE, 5+.
    Corrupted Bears - it did not count when I tried it few weeks ago. Black Ice Prospectors - counted on the same place.
    Edited OP to remove bullets about Epic HEs in Curse of Icewind Dale. Tested Raid the Raiders and Prospector Attack in IWP on different characters and both not work and count.
    Added numerous notes to Curse of Icewind Dale Heroics.
  • aslan3775aslan3775 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 295 Arc User
    @nitocris83
    I realize that bugs, especially intermittent bugs, are difficult to diagnose. And a pain. And most likely the launch today was taking most of the resources.

That said, could you please provide a quick update on some of the issues--the ones that come to mind first would be the Shadowmantle:Dread Spire because not only does it not provide credit for the Legacy, but it also doesn't drop the enchantment on Tuesday or Sat/Sun. The other one is the Barovian Merchant Misery Heroic that is still bugged--especially since we just had a 2X "catch up" event.

A large "Thank You" to @pitshade for compiling and continuing to check these issues. :)
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    aslan3775 said:

@nitocris83
    I realize that bugs, especially intermittent bugs, are difficult to diagnose. And a pain. And most likely the launch today was taking most of the resources.

That said, could you please provide a quick update on some of the issues--the ones that come to mind first would be the Shadowmantle:Dread Spire because not only does it not provide credit for the Legacy, but it also doesn't drop the enchantment on Tuesday or Sat/Sun. The other one is the Barovian Merchant Misery Heroic that is still bugged--especially since we just had a 2X "catch up" event.

A large "Thank You" to @pitshade for compiling and continuing to check these issues. :)

I'll circle back with the team to see what updates are available!
  • tturnerdev#9074 tturnerdev Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 5 Cryptic Developer
    As a heads up, I'm chugging through this (awesome!) list and entering bugs like a fiend. Should be done today or tomorrow. If you have any additional info don't hesitate to post it here and I'll take a look at it.
    It isn't specifically related to the Legacy campaign, but the Bear Rider Champions in Barbaric Chamions HE, in Bryn Shander are missing their bears. This also may effect the bear riding boss of Raid the Raiders in Icewind Pass as well. Strider riding mobs in Elemental Evil are reportedly affected as well.
  • fluffy6977fluffy6977 Member Posts: 291 Arc User

pitshade said:

This one keeps being intermittent for me. Some days I experience it every time it's up and other days it doesn't happen. Unfortunately inconsistencies in bugs make them harder to resolve, especially if they've been resolved before but somehow are again present >.<</p>
    Try looking at the XBox code. It is every time, every character I have ever brought into Barovia. No intermittent behavior at all.
    edited May 2020
    Quests in Lonelywood still don't count for SKT adventurers and people are still not being given good information about TCA Adventures, that the dig sites count.

ETA Kabal Counterattack still bugs. Sometimes the waves don't spawn immediately and sometimes they just don't ever spawn. The ground fire attack from any kabal mob is too strong but the BHE ones are lethal with just a moment's touch the DOT will kill you.
  • rey007#5400 rey007 Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    pitshade said:

Quests in Lonelywood still don't count for SKT adventurers and people are still not being given good information about TCA Adventures, that the dig sites count.

ETA Kabal Counterattack still bugs. Sometimes the waves don't spawn immediately and sometimes they just don't ever spawn. The ground fire attack from any kabal mob is too strong but the BHE ones are lethal with just a moment's touch the DOT will kill you.

Both of these issues are still present on PS4 as well. @pitshade and thanks for your preserverance.

- Rey

- in umbra igitur pugnabimus!
    When doing quests in party, sometimes only one party member gets epic HE in IWD. I noticed on remoraz and prospectors.
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User

pitshade said:

This one keeps being intermittent for me. Some days I experience it every time it's up and other days it doesn't happen. Unfortunately inconsistencies in bugs make them harder to resolve, especially if they've been resolved before but somehow are again present >.<</p>
    Not to be disagreeable, but it is actually about only 2 minutes to be honest. Also this bug has been there since the module went live. No one uses the work around guide I wrote up... works for me, unless someone comes in to assist me. This should also be some kind of clue as to why the scarecrows take a 2 minute coffee break. I agree this is a bug/glitch that while mildly annoying should have been sorted out by now.
    wb-cenders.gif
    edited July 2020
    Edited OP to reflect that all the issues noted previously for Storm Kings Thunder Adventures have now been fixed.

• Quests are shown with the correct icon in the journal
    • Quests in Lonelywood now count, including Found Quests and the weekly
    • Wandering Frost Giant in Bryn Shander now counts
    • Defending the Dale quest now counts.

Good job there! @tturnerdev#9074

ETA The Cloaked Ascendancy Adventures also has had its issues corrected. Fight for the River District and Hidden Cache now count. Looks like I need to start testing again.