test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mod 18 Loadouts Spontaneously Retraining After Free Retrain Has Already Been Spent

trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
edited January 2020 in Bug Reports (PC)
I have already spent the mod 18 free retrain token on multiple loadouts. But when I change between loadouts, I sometimes spontaneously receive unwanted free retrains, these retrains seem to activate themselves automatically and then I have to redo everything.

My loadouts took a lot of time to set up and I'm sick to death of having to reassign everything whenever my loadouts decide to retrain themselves. Please fix asap!
--
PVP Rogue,
--[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
----------------------------------------------------------------
Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
Platform: PC

Comments

• tempus86#1158 tempus86 Member Posts: 165 Arc User
    I had that problem as well, but I fixed it. I think, hasn't happened to me again so far

you have to spend the "free respec" on each loadout you have or it will just keep resetting each time
  • trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    So far, I've not gotten any more random retrains ever since I used the token on all my loadouts.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
  • skingdev#1102 skingdev Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 77 Cryptic Developer
    Hey Gluesticks,

QA is currently trying to track this one down. I'll send this thread to the tester. If you have any additional information on this, it would help us out a lot.

Thanks

- SKing
  • bigman99#8273 bigman99 Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    @skingdev this happened to my alt warlock yesterday. I had setup his Hellbringer path, but not his Second one. I switched over to he next loadout (meant for Soulweaver) to setup, but had to change back to dps real quick to check something. When I switched back to Hellbringer, the whole loadout was reset. I believe the issue occured because I failed to setup(and save) my second loadout, thus reverting both of them to pre-paragon class options. I then proceeded to setup both loadouts (hellbringer for the second time) to completion, saved, and am now able to move between the loadouts without it resetting. So maybe there is an issue where a paragon is not chosen and saved for each loadout, there is a conflict there and the game resolves this by reseting both loadouts?
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    The game is resetting a loadout the first time you switch *to* it. If you start out on a loadout, it got reset when you first logged in after mod 18. It gets reset again when you swap to another loadout and then swap back. After realizing this, on my other chararcters, I cycled through every loadout and back to the first one. This got rid of all the resets.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
    edited January 2020

Hey Gluesticks,

QA is currently trying to track this one down. I'll send this thread to the tester. If you have any additional information on this, it would help us out a lot.

Thanks

- SKing

The only additional info I have is this:

One of the automatic retrains was for sure given to a loadout I had already used my free retrain on after mod 18 went live, its the incident I remember the clearest but there were a couple more incidents I don't remember very well. I seem to remember them all occurring after swapping to different loadouts and back.

I also mentioned forced retrains being automatically applied to some people right after being disconnected by the TOMM bug I reported in a different discussion thread, here is what I said there, I changed the color to yellow for the part mentioning the retrains:

Nasty TOMM Disconnect Bug:

Today I ran a bunch of tower of the mad mage. In one of these runs, my entire TOMM group spontaneously disconnected as soon as halaster died. None of us got a chest for this run as a result. Apparently this bug happens all the time ever since mod 18 went live and it was also present on the preview server. One player said they had this bug happen to them 6 times today and another said it happened to them 3 times today. 

We think the bug is caused when someone disconnects in the middle of a TOMM run. If anybody disconnects before the run ends, we are all given the boot at the end when halaster dies.

The rest of the game's population didn't disconnect, it was only the people in TOMM runs.

There were also a lot of weird frame delays/lag in these runs. I've been noticing it outside of TOMM too.

I'll also mention that some people had their loadout automatically retrained right after being disconnected by this TOMM bug. The tank in our group and one other player had to keep fixing their boons after getting disconnected.

We also have a couple theoretical work arounds we are going to try to avoid this bug with. 

We are going to start kicking anyone who disconnects mid run out of the que group, hopefully this will prevent the bug. 

We also may try telling people not to relog after getting disconnected.

Post edited by trgluestickz on
    --
    PVP Rogue,
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    This happened to me also, maybe related:

I have 4 loadouts.
    After login, I configured 3 of them (1,2 and 3 position) and plaing with loadout 1 . After playing 2 days, I couldnt change to loadout 2 and 3, the game said "you cant change loadout with something in CD". I had nothing in CD in current loadout (1), and could change to loadout 4 (the unconfigured) and back to 1 but not to 2 and 3.

I had to recopy loadout 1 into 2 and 3 and respec to resolve the issue.
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
    I do frequently have loadouts refuse to let me switch to them. The fix is to attempt changing to a different loadout than the one you wanted to change to until you find one you can change to. Then you change from that loadout to the loadout that you had wanted to switch to.

Never had a loadout falsely say items were on cooldown though.
    --
    PVP Rogue,