test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Slow casts Arbiter Clerics?

sobi#1980 sobi Member Posts: 401 Arc User
edited January 2020 in Bug Reports (PC)
Arbiter cleric is suffering from Pausemonia.

After every cast of Forgemaster's flame (FF) you have a slight delay in recasting the same ability eventhough you have been through the full cast time.

Sudden verdict 6 pips appear one by one and this is very distinguishable when you're lagging and you press tab, only to find that you tabbed only half of them.

Perfect balance also (most of the times) procs after a short delay of 1-2seconds.

The daily hammer of fate states on tooltip that you have 0.25sec cast but it has a threefold attack that takes around 2-3 seconds cast time.

The tooltip cast time for the at-will Lance of faith is 0.6 seconds but the cast time is close to 0.7-0.8 seconds. Even Janne has tested this out on her website. If i can find the link i will post it.

Searing Javelin encounter has similar issues, until you do not complete your full 1.1 second cast time and even after the javelin has left your hand, it can be cancelled when a mob dies. Imagine using a 1.1second cast time aoe against trash that die in 0.5 seconds? Sometimes, i am having to repeatedly use Searing javelin because my target was just killed by an ally's AOE attack.

To sum it up, all of the above are actually abilities that dps cleric uses and form the core of its AOE/ST build. Every single one of these is clunky.

Edit: I have seen improvement in smoothness of arbiter combat gameplay but there are 2 big concerns in mod 18 that i have noticed recently. Can you please look at conflagrate generating pips at different intervals. If you tab the pips by muscle memory and do it before they are generated, this would lead to cancelling of your conflagrate and wasting 2 seconds of dps. Second, sometimes my arbiter will go through the animation of daunting light but there is no actual cast i.e. neither does my divinity get used up, nor is there damage inflicted. So i have to cast it again and sometimes i think i have casted it and proceed to alternate stack and mess up my Perfect Balance (Ouch).
Post edited by sobi#1980 on

Comments

• Options
    bibsimbibsim Member Posts: 2 New User
    I was thinking about this (especially Searing Javelin) since i started playing Arbiter. Recently I decided that i would do something about it so now I'm going around the forums, bumping all the posts that tank about this issue ^^
  • Options
    hmacairan2hmacairan2 Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 16 Cryptic Developer
    Thanks for the report, we will be looking into this issue
  • Options
    liadan1984#8734 liadan1984 Member Posts: 315 Arc User
    Makes it really difficult at times. Trying to fight certain things and I find that I'm casting then dodging, casting, dodging, casting, dodging, casting, didn't move in time because I was midcast and foot in face and dead. We can't move while we're casting, which makes it really difficult to avoid, we can't even side step an attack, which means we're really susceptible to control effects, a foot in the face, being caught up by pit fiends, and all sorts of nasty things.
    Especially for those of us playing from places like Australia, with a ping of over 380ms. It's tough enough as it is!
    Lia
    Co-Guild Leader
    Ghost Templars L20
    Alliance: Tyrs Paladium
    Main: Cleric (Heals|DPS)
    Alt: Warlock
  • Options
    zhar01zhar01 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    For me what I always suffer on cleric is sacred flame as I use in Arbiter and Devout. This attack always feels clunky, slow to start cast making a hell when you have to dodge and the animation and sound feels that don't match with the attack.
  • Options
    sobi#1980 sobi Member Posts: 401 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    I can definitely see some improvements to how my cleric feels during combat in mod 18 and I really want to thank the dev's for it. We do however have some clunky gameplay.

My main concern right now is with conflagrate and daunting light cast. For the former, the time for the pips to generate is substantially different at different times and maybe this has something to do with the ping but when my muscle memory is used to pressing tab at a fixed time for conflagrate, only to tab nothing and waste 2 seconds of cast time, it feels terrible! As for the latter, daunting light if cast fast enough, goes through the animation but isn't actually casted (no damage done and no divinity used up).

In relation to pips, when i tab the pips, sometimes I am left with 1 pip and then i have to tab again. This is very common.

Searing javelin still has the same issues.

Overall if conflagrate and daunting light can be looked at, i think as players we can be understanding, and know that not everything can be perfect. Took me some time to get used to the clunky gameplay but more or less it doesn't result in dps loss except for the recent 2 phenomena i see lol.

For the above arbiters, i do agree that this class is difficult to dodge and cast encounters at the same time but there is a point where you learn to choose to dodge or cast at the right times. We have a whole feat to make Daunting light faster, sadly we were designed to be slow.
    Post edited by sobi#1980 on