test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why the monumental Nerf to Juma Bag drop rates

Day 1, Juma bags had a high to very high chance to drop the 1225 gear as well as countless chicks and some rAD.

Playerbase 'a' realises that 'Ape' runs are the simplest most efficient way to get Chaotic Writings and so begins the Ape Cull.

Playerbase 'b' is happily camping the Random minis for 1225 gear.

Patch happen, nothing in the notes and Juma bags drop chick, chick, green comp, chick etc and maybe if lucky in 10 bags 1 piece of 1225 gear.

What is most annoying is that certain 1225 gear is ONLY available from Juma bags, there is no 'camp' to get them, also Djugg the Destroyer is still not spawning.

Please confirm you nerfed the drop rate, fix Djugg and maybe add a new Mini for the Juma only drop, plenty of space on left side of map.

Thanks

Comments

• alfared#9239 alfared Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    I think they needed to lower the drop rate of quality items....gonna destroy the AH economy if you flood it....furthermore...it is not right that everyone wears the full 1250 gear 1 day into the new mod...senseless....remember Chult....when you work and wait a little you appreciate it way more....i mean this mod has to last for a short while...cant be giving everything in the mod within 1 day!...im glad they lowered it....and i did not partake in the 1st couple days of gimmies....so it is not like im saying now that i got mine make it harder....just common sense as far as im concerned!
    Post edited by alfared#9239 on
  • tjkernan#7315 tjkernan Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    why are you complaining about that--just go farm some epic monsters. After a few hours you will have a 1250 for each slot. I have already almost a dozen bracers, as well as a foot, a chest, and two head pieces, almost all from just beating down the chickens and the chick at the well
    Post edited by tjkernan#7315 on
  • tjkernan#7315 tjkernan Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    BTW, don't think they nerfed anything...today I opened 13 bags...got a chest, 3 head pieces, feet, and a bracer (all new and different from ones I had) and the companion tokens. Yesterday I opened 7 and just a lot of AD and a couple of chickens...I think it is all just rng
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    To me it does not feel like anything was changed. If you open 5-10 bags, the statistical significance of your drops is WAY too low to have any bearing at all on the total drop pattern.

Also: Gear drops is a balance act between too hard and too easy.
    Too easy and the players are done with game in hours and leave from boredom.
    Too hard and players give up and leave game because they cannot achieve their targets/have no progression.

If getting gear is too easy the status value of it is diminished.

Be careful what you ask for, you might get it :)
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    I've been running since the mod dropped. So far managed all of 1 Arm piece. So, if they want, they can nerf my bad RNG and start giving me good stuff.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User

Be careful what you ask for, you might get it :)

Was just thinking this last night.

People keep complaining something is "too easy" because they grind the APE for 12 hours solid. That isn't how the mod was designed to be run. But the players soon discover a *win*.
  • xenocide#6119 xenocide Member Posts: 251 Arc User
    The 5k rough astral diamonds in every bag is a bit crazy seeing as how you can farm a bag in 6-7 minutes
  • merik1999merik1999 Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    Last night I opened 4 bags and got 2 1200 helms. so its just the wacky RNG is all. Sometimes my RNG is awesome and other times it is the worst. But most of the Equipment is HAMSTER anyway. We need High IL to get into newer Dungeons but they make the equipment much worse so You go into the harder stuff with inferior Equipment.

Example the ebony Armour from Undermountain: you gain up to 10% power on on hits or heal that do 10% of your HP dmg
    The new armour you get 5% power on doing hits or heals that do 15% of your HP. So, somehow in their deranged mind, that is worth more IL than something that is clearly better... I truly believe Math is not their strong point.
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    merik1999 said:

Last night I opened 4 bags and got 2 1200 helms. so its just the wacky RNG is all. Sometimes my RNG is awesome and other times it is the worst. But most of the Equipment is HAMSTER anyway. We need High IL to get into newer Dungeons but they make the equipment much worse so You go into the harder stuff with inferior Equipment.

Example the ebony Armour from Undermountain: you gain up to 10% power on on hits or heal that do 10% of your HP dmg
    The new armour you get 5% power on doing hits or heals that do 15% of your HP. So, somehow in their deranged mind, that is worth more IL than something that is clearly better... I truly believe Math is not their strong point.

I was thinking this as well.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    I think the il is based more on the stats than the buff effect.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.