test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

REMOVE LoMM from REDQ

Remove LoMM from REDQ or at least make the entry requirements fit the dungeon, DPS with 75K Power is not going to work period ever they cannot kill Mimics fast enough.

Basic iLvl means squat it can be inflated or deflated very easily.

Entry to dungeons needs to be based on character stats and the basic should be dps need to be capped dps stats, tank needs defence stats, healer needs the stats dependant on class being played.

Comments

• aixis2000aixis2000 Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    same old story...if u dont que with a premade u will have a good chance to get ppl in ur party which que for the dungeons directly...
  • shugenshashugensha Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    I guess its full luck tbh, did one LoMM last night for the first time as healer (warlock) and it went without problems even tho our tank didn't helped me with mimics and we needed to wipe in worm cuz 2 died in the rock phase. Heck, we even did the last boss with a mage tanking for 90% of the fight.
    And if you can't find in your guild or alliance a group, just go to PE, YP or the new zone and ask there for a team with the requirements you are looking for. You might end up finding ppl to run content with everyday.
    The meta it's just a guideline. And guidelines are boring.

Soulweaver: The Lovely Red
    Minstrel: The Rose Troubadour

• bigman99#8273 bigman99 Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    "raven#3338" even though Lomm does scale your IL down to 24k, there is no drop in stats. At least for me, stats are exactly the same in Avernus, PE or other non-scaled content. While LoMM can be challenging with a dps that cannot kill mimcs, its not impossible atm. That being said, LoMM is a bit high and CR is still too broken to include on the REDQ and expect a reasonable chance for success for a PUG.
  • chidionchidion Member Posts: 439 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    The "minimum item level" has always been a but under rated as far as I'm concerned. Minimum Item Level for entrance into an queue does not mean anyone with that minimum item level will be able to significantly contribute much to the success or completion of that queue. At best those minimum item level characters are more likely to be "cannon fodder" for players with a higher item level but if you get too many players with item levels making them little more than fodder, it makes the queue nearly impossible to successfully complete.

I think part of the problem is when programmers spin the numbers and developers actually play the game, one of them might go into one of these queues with a minimum item level player, but likely not all of the players (programmers and developers) are players with the minimum item level characters...

That's what "Minimum Item Level" should be for any content when a group of players, all at minimum item level, with limited potions and kits, can successfully navigate any given content without the assistance of juggernaut players also in the party or better yet those testing the content should just join a random queue to get a better handle on the reality of playability.
  • xenocide#6119 xenocide Member Posts: 251 Arc User
    Honestly one of the biggest problems I see is people running Random epics and not bringing the basics
    You should have scrolls of life and be willing to use them during the boss fights.
    Especialy the bore worm, If you go down during that fight you either need to use a scroll or you are dead. simple.
  • elsungaelsunga Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    No you dont need that ### scrolls. You need to know what to do (and have a proper gear).
  • chidionchidion Member Posts: 439 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    Scrolls of Life do not drop during quest and campaign runs so a person has to buy them with Zen or Astral Diamonds. For those players who aren't into the grind or have money to just throw away it takes quite a while to build up a sufficient supply of AD's to buy those better Enchantments, Runestones, Mounts, Companions, Gear, etc...

So casual players have to choose whether to buy the Healing Stones and Scrolls of Life to allow them to play these areas thereby having to put off their purchase of better Gear, Companions, Mounts, Runestones and Enchantments that would allow them to play all areas more efficiently or to buy those items that for the most part are usually needed in more challenging areas.

Being a patient person, the choice isn't hard for me I'll delay purchasing items that are considered "basic" supplies in more difficult areas in favor of purchasing other items that allow me to play all areas better. Of course through the years I've learned the queue's "Minimum Item Level" does not actually mean the minimum item level a player needs to have to usually successfully traverse a queue in the company of Scrolls of Life do not drop during quest and campaign runs so a person has to buy them with Zen or Astral Diamonds. For those players who aren't into the grind or have money to just throw away it takes quite a while to build up a sufficient supply of AD's to buy those better Enchantments, Runestones, Mounts, Companions, Gear, etc...

So casual players have to choose whether to buy the Healing Stones and Scrolls of Life to allow them to play these areas thereby having to put off their purchase of better Gear, Companions, Mounts, Runestones and Enchantments that would allow them to play all areas more efficiently or to buy those items that for the most part are usually needed in more challenging areas.

Being a patient person, the choice isn't hard for me I'll delay purchasing items that are considered "basic" supplies in more difficult areas in favor of purchasing other items that allow me to play all areas better. Of course through the years I've learned that "minimum item level" does not mean an item level that would allow similarly outfitted party members to successfully complete an area - far from it... To me it just appears to be some random number someone (who has never played at that level, or in a party with other members at that level) came up with so I just don't queue for many of those more difficult areas regardless of what the minimum item level is supposed to be.

Admittedly part of that is player mechanics, players knowing how to efficiently play their characters and not getting stuck in a party of bots (or bot like behavior) where players rush in to attack, die, resurrect and do the same thing all over again... but I'm still of the opinion that no one who proposed and approved the minimum item levels for various content has ever taken the opportunity to play a character of that item level, in the company of other players at that item level.

¢¢
  • tjkernan#7315 tjkernan Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    Never really bothered with LOMM before it went to random, too many jerks and snobs usually in there if you aren't plaing with guildies (I play at weird hours).
    Did it on Random. We psuhed through it no problem, no scrolls necessary.
    Only died once near end of worm (didn't know mechanics well)
    We breezed through last boss.
    Personally, I like it in random, might suck on weekends with all the weekenders, but then, most all randos do on Sat, Sun, and Holidays...
  • oldtimer#7525 oldtimer Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    If you want to finish LoMM in randoms you get a strong Tank/Heal combo, the requirement to do your job as a DPS is by far the lowest out of the trinity. As a DPS all you really need to do is to play semi-competently mechanically and spend 50k AD to cap your Arpen/Accuracy and that is enough.

LoMM should have never left REDQ because REDQ should not be a snooze fest AD factory which it still is just like RTQ still is.
  • b4t1b4tb4t1b4t Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    I said it before and will repeat. In this day in age in neverwinter item level should not even be how dungeons are locked to start with. The game has moved more to stats over item level. They need to lock dungeons behind required mini stats needed to do the dungeon. If they did this you would get less fails then what you have now. Using item level is just a cheap and easy way to do it but does it really work the best not really.
  • merik1999merik1999 Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    The Devs are unable to comprehend math and they do not play at all so the problem is that they feel as though your IL is your character's power level. But since they give us horrible equipment with inflated IL this is what is leading us to having issues with LOMM. You can easily have 22k IL and power less than 80k as a DPS. Look at some of the equipment of the end players. They are using MUCH lower IL gear. That is moronic at best.

I think when Cryptic hires people they roll a 20 sided Die to determine yes or no without even interviewing. And to determine when a Mod is ready to go live they roll a 6 sided die. anything 5 or lower mean it goes live., while a 6 means they look at one part and roll again. That way they save money on not having to test or listen to their community beta team.
  • devilxjkdevilxjk Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    back to hold raq/req queue

red shouldn't be scaled
    (req:lomm/cr/tong/codg)
    add power to the requirement to join req,
  • tassedethe13tassedethe13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User

Aside from this, there are bugs in Arcturia fight like invisible butterflies, mimics spawning on cocoon phase etc, etc.
    But true, ppl queue for redq with HAMSTER stats and hope to get carried. Well I refuse, especially now that I am scaled down in LoMM. I mean, wth, scaling in LoMM?

Woa that's only more than 6 month old bugs, cryptic can't fix that in a so short period of time !
  • b4t1b4tb4t1b4t Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    What I have seen in all my time playing this game is that people at the start ignore stats and go for getting a higher item level to reach those dungeons. Now this thinking can be for many reasons. I remember when I started the game along time back that a guild member of a guild I was in stated that I should get more item level. The funny thing is he never said anything regarding my stats at all. Just how I needed that ITEM LEVEL. Getting the required item level is the easiest thing to do but what I noticed is how people obtain it and ignore the stats. Which leads to failure in dungeons over someone that just does not have the stats. They should have added stat requirements long time ago to dungeons. However I really do not see that happening. I do feel the dungeons to some degree are fine I say some degree because most of them when i played last had major issues and bugs that was left undone. If stats was added to them people would understand what was needed and also there would be a reason to try to raise those stats. As it stands now ya its just all bad.
  • finmakinfinmakin Member Posts: 442 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    Players are focusing too much on new and shiny gear with high Ilevel (that's the reason they running APE all day long) and don't bothering much about working on their needed stats, which are a key to success in endgame dungeons.
    If you have nice and shiny new gear and fill the slots with r7/r8 enchants then you have a big risk to fail in endgame dungeons (regardless of having the required Ilevel) .
    If you neglecting a stat like Incoming heals in those dungeons, you are a fail and a curse for healers.
    If you fail to choose the right mounts (for the insignia's you need), if you fail the right choice of companions then youre even a bigger FAIL.
    Youre also a failure if you don't even know the mechanics of bosses (the new breed of clueless players)..

Dev's have putted a minimum Ilevel for dungeons but are not responsible for lacking stats players have.
    So instead of joining the complain legion by pointing towards the Dev's, players should start looking in a mirror and considering what you can do to raise the stats you need which can be a long and painfull road (as I know very well)..

Bottom line is stop pointing towards others for the failure you are, and start working on your character to overcome the issues you have in endgame dungeons.

My two cent's
    Peace
    Ogguk The Beholder… Justicar Paladin Tank/ Healer
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    Stats requirements? Well stats can be capped pretty easily, especially if one uses an augment companion. The two main indicators of performance in LoMM are how much power and how many +damage gear. Don't think devs want to impose additional requirements that encourages people to grind for old gear with +damage stats.