test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] Stardock Lockbox Legendary Mount Pack Issue

12345679»

Comments

• lipbulllipbull Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 46 Arc User
    maybe no saltiness - true...a big mistake by devs as done in further mods.
    in the past many players have banned lifetime in case of doing something very fewer like that and i dont want that somebody gets a ban or somenthing else. I lost so many good friends due to this.
    that has nothing to do with the mount - but a question to you...
    if you used this bug and you get banned - no answer or excuse accepted- what will you do?
    ...i think they are unable to do a reroll or something else for whatever reason...in the past they do all against something like exploiters etc. you see there is no response to all of our posts so i think they disregard us. thats the easiest way to avoid problems.
    yes...i agree...all those players who didnt have time or whatever to be online in this "event" are the loosers in this part and if you risk a ban you are on the winner side - nothing to explain - well done cryp
    edited January 2020
    i hope im not the only one who knows to sit it out
    and i didnt want to read a ready-made opinion - think about it
  • fluffy6977fluffy6977 Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    So will we get banned when this "unintended feature" strikes consoles on launch day or will we get the same 20min window to benefit from?
  • milehighxr#1299 milehighxr Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    As long as they don't ban the people on console that take advantage of this on console launch day when they let it slip by just like they did with the issue in mod 14, then I don't really care. And I'll be at work when mod 18 launches on console, so I won't be able to take advantage of it myself. If this turn into another huntgate on console, I don't see the game recovering...

Did the devs screw up? Yes. Is there any way they could possibly fix it without further damage to the playerbase? I doubt it highly. I think that all the people demanding a rollback just need to "suck it up buttercup" and move on. Any potential damage to the economy is gonna be minimal, and things will return to normal in a few days. I see most people that got the mounts equipping them on their toons, and any extras being sold off. Probably not even right away cuz they wanna get maximum ad for them. To everyone that got the mount packs, congrats, you got lucky that another known bug made it live and will benefit greatly from it.
  • thany#4351 thany Member Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    What's the point of rollback after few days ?!?!? They should did that 20 minutes after new mod came. It wasn't hard. Only if they didn't make backup before new mod. What is even worse, if that's true. Now, rollback isn't an option any more... I don't know how they will solve this problem, but if exploits become something "legal" in this game... Well, it means in this game is everything allowed from day when new mode arrived.
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User
    edited January 2020

regenerde said:

The point would be that they'll ignore all the player feedback here again, and then will do what they've allways done during these kind of crisis again - this legendary horse is headed straight for Silent City, and there's nothing the players can do about it.

Not to mention, with a rollback of the table, which probably also include any notion of removing those packs and/or mounts picked from them, what other options are left to actually "correct" this mess?

Find in logs the players who gets mounts during this window and remove those mounts?
    If the mount had been sold, remove AD from the solder and give back AD to the buyer.

It doesn't looks like it's difficult when those things are monitored.
    Not going to happen, we're way past that point, they had the chance to do something like that when they locked down the servers, and even if a rollback was allready out of the question for them at that moment, they could have at the very least tagged everything from the Stardock Lockbox as bound to account.

Besides, i had a feeling that this was some kind of test for changing lockbox drop rates, and the update to the opening post confirms it, we might get another "update" at some point, but i doubt that anything more is going to happen on this matter...

They could still do something, turn the Hell Pit event into a returning event like the Neverwinter Siege and make the legendary mount an account wide unlock. That would give all players a fair chance to play their way towards a legendary mount in time, but that's not going to happen either.
    Post edited by regenerde on
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • tassedethe13tassedethe13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    It says long about the game when the only concern of console player is "Will I be banned when the bug will be live on console and we will abuse it ?"
  • thekfdcase#5416 thekfdcase Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    > @malheur2080 said:
    > Just another psychological test of the playerbase and we have had many of them in the past years.
    > Like somebody mentioned here before, some free capes and a title for all who didn't participated in this abuse, please.

Well, they can chalk up another double 'success' in the form of me considering Cryptic both incompetent and untrustworthy which means no further business transactions between us.

I do feel sympathy for Chris and some of the Cryptic staff. They're living, breathing human beings too with hopes and worries like the rest of us. However, that doesn't address the current state of this product.
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

zyronax said:

Your closing sentence is the answer to your opening question. You're going along with ill-gotten gains. 'Aiding and abetting' if one were to frame it in legal jurisprudence.

So yeah, anyone - including you - cheering on/turning a blind-eye to this debacle are part of the problem. The ones who gained from it are acting entitled in wanting to hold on to ill gotten gains they have no right to, and you are part of that sense of entitlement by supporting it - directly and/or indirectly.

Of course I don't expect you to agree. That would require acknowledging the premise of your position is flawed and in the wrong. (Fun fact: No one is completely unbiased. As soon as anything goes through the perspective of even just one person, that's one filter events have passed through and been altered by.)

The rest of us, those you are happy to label as "entitled", are demanding nothing more than fairness in accordance with long-standing established procedures (i.e. how the lockboxes were supposed to function as opposed to how they functioned in their bugged state), and that no player should benefit from it in such a manner.

The concepts of fairness and fair play aren't new, so why some in here are pretending that they're baffled by them is is curious (and laughable).

Your words speak as if you believe an actual crime was committed. A dev mistake was made. People may or may not have taken advantage of that knowingly. You don't get to determine what ill gotten gains are in this case. The company does. And they have spoken.

What you call turning a blind eye is actually accepting that a decision has been made. No where did I say this wasn't a debacle. Never have I stated this wasn't a huge dev mistake that.

In the past, a mistake this large would have been met with silence for weeks. Maybe I'm taking something positive away from this in that they responded fairly quickly.

But unlike some, I see no point in further crying over spilt milk.

And you want to talk about bugs and fairness. I wonder how many of you in an uproar have taken advantage of buggy interactions in the game with companions, artifacts, weapons sets, etc etc in order to clear content faster and reap more rewards/ad.

Fairness only dictates that you turn in all those "ill gotten" gains too since newer players out there don't know about these interactions. Empty those pockets out now please.
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/about/terms
  • fluffy6977fluffy6977 Member Posts: 291 Arc User

It says long about the game when the only concern of console player is "Will I be banned when the bug will be live on console and we will abuse it ?"

The statement, at least on my end, is half kidding. Unfortunately bugs that go for months on PC unpunished tend to get people banned when they hit consoles without being fixed, and there is usually some friendly fire - I'd hate to see players who didnt know about it and open the box regularly get banned for something that, once again, Cryptic didn't fix before pushing to console.
  • zyronaxzyronax Member Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited January 2020

zyronax said:

Your closing sentence is the answer to your opening question. You're going along with ill-gotten gains. 'Aiding and abetting' if one were to frame it in legal jurisprudence.

So yeah, anyone - including you - cheering on/turning a blind-eye to this debacle are part of the problem. The ones who gained from it are acting entitled in wanting to hold on to ill gotten gains they have no right to, and you are part of that sense of entitlement by supporting it - directly and/or indirectly.

Of course I don't expect you to agree. That would require acknowledging the premise of your position is flawed and in the wrong. (Fun fact: No one is completely unbiased. As soon as anything goes through the perspective of even just one person, that's one filter events have passed through and been altered by.)

The rest of us, those you are happy to label as "entitled", are demanding nothing more than fairness in accordance with long-standing established procedures (i.e. how the lockboxes were supposed to function as opposed to how they functioned in their bugged state), and that no player should benefit from it in such a manner.

The concepts of fairness and fair play aren't new, so why some in here are pretending that they're baffled by them is is curious (and laughable).

Your words speak as if you believe an actual crime was committed. A dev mistake was made. People may or may not have taken advantage of that knowingly. You don't get to determine what ill gotten gains are in this case. The company does. And they have spoken.

What you call turning a blind eye is actually accepting that a decision has been made. No where did I say this wasn't a debacle. Never have I stated this wasn't a huge dev mistake that.

In the past, a mistake this large would have been met with silence for weeks. Maybe I'm taking something positive away from this in that they responded fairly quickly.

But unlike some, I see no point in further crying over spilt milk.

And you want to talk about bugs and fairness. I wonder how many of you in an uproar have taken advantage of buggy interactions in the game with companions, artifacts, weapons sets, etc etc in order to clear content faster and reap more rewards/ad.

Fairness only dictates that you turn in all those "ill gotten" gains too since newer players out there don't know about these interactions. Empty those pockets out now please.
    Yes, I do want to talk about fairness and observing Cryptic's own established rules (see ToS as posted by Wintersmoke previously). That someone at Cryptic has decided to act against the company's own established protocol only serves to further undermine their credibility, and still does nothing whatsoever to justify the inherently unjust series of events that transpired within the first 5 minutes of Mod 18's launch.

It doesn't matter whether you agree that it is or isn't. It doesn't matter if the ones who knowingly gamed the bug agree or not. It doesn't matter if those who by happy circumstance stumbled into the bug agree or disagree. The fact remains that hundreds (possibly thousands) of legendary mounts worth billions of AD combined (and thus hundreds of thousands of euros/dollars in real-world currency) are ill-gotten gains, and yes, as someone who does value fair play, law, and order I absolutely expect the entity in charge of creating and maintaining said law and order in accordance with its own ToS do a hell of a lot better than this anemic display.

As you've pointed out, they've already made their initial decision, though perhaps a secondary amendment to that decision may materialize later. That is my hope. If not, well, then Cryptic has lost real-world currency transactions from X amount of players, and not just on this one occasion, but also over future previously potential sales of Zen, etc. Incompetence shouldn't be rewarded, and I'm happy to remind Cryptic (any dev team) of that as often as needed to keep them on the straight and narrow. Consequences - they exist.
  • jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    @fluffy6977 said:
    > (Quote)
    > The statement, at least on my end, is half kidding. Unfortunately bugs that go for months on PC unpunished tend to get people banned when they hit consoles without being fixed, and there is usually some friendly fire - I'd hate to see players who didnt know about it and open the box regularly get banned for something that, once again, Cryptic didn't fix before pushing to console.

If that happens again, nobody can help them tho. Don't you feel the "pls hold on a bit longer it will be nicer" pull? The "we can't afford another huntgate" grasp onto playerbase?

You either continue through stuff like this or you don't, but they will evaluate closely who they ever ban again I imagine. Forum and ingame's not the same. Some people would only notice if their friends went missing like in M14, and then ask around. Many people now don't know there even was an issue with a lockbox.
    Post edited by jules#6770 on
    - bye bye -
  • devilxjkdevilxjk Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    I don't understand why cryptic doesn't intend to do anything. I'm looking for explanation...

• beigeman#7856 beigeman Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    swept under the rug
  • jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    devilxjk said:

I'm looking for explanation...

Don't. It's not healthy. I try not to. (In general, not this particular topic)
    - bye bye -