test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The hidden price increases on the Zen market

mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
As it was stated in the patch notes, the Zen market has been reorganized a little.

The main reason for the reorganizing seems to have been to increase the prices.

* Campaign buyout tokens are now split into two packs at 7000 Zen each.
There used to be one pack with all the tokens at 10000 Zen
* The 500 Zen Companion token pack has been moved to Supplies
* The 500 Zen Legendary insignia pack has been moved to Supplies

The effect of moving them to Supplies is:
* There is no longer 25%/33% discount vouchers available. Best now is a 20% discount on all voucher.
* And that discount on all voucher is fairly rare

So the availability of discounted companion tokens and Insignias has been reduced.

Expect prices on the AH to go up.

Comments

• darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    There are some words that allways have hidden things. One of them is "reorganize" other is "simplify" :D

At least they are imaginative :)
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    the insignias having a higher price is ok with me because the market gets flooded. they are pretty cheap on xbox at least. but the companion tokens not having the sale suks. although it's only a 5% difference on sale price.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User

the insignias having a higher price is ok with me because the market gets flooded. they are pretty cheap on xbox at least. but the companion tokens not having the sale suks. although it's only a 5% difference on sale price.

Does console get reorganized already too?
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***

not yet
  • milehighxr#1299 milehighxr Member Posts: 461 Arc User

not yet
    Probably when mod 18 drops...
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User

not yet
    Stock it up to get that extra 5% profit margin. :)
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    My father taught me a lot about the financial world. He said, never to trust the salesman who needs to look up the price in a book or on a computer. What they are really checking out is the size of your wallet. A salesman should have the price listed on the item and know what he is selling you. I am certain, if my father was alive today, he would tell us another parable about the world of buying and selling.

This breaking up a pack, to make the items would not be bad, except, they are both the retailer and producer of the product. I wonder who the new marketing manager is at Cryptic? Still nothing in the Zen market that I desire to buy.
    wb-cenders.gif

not yet
    Stock it up to get that extra 5% profit margin. :)
    lol there are more lucrative higher margin ways to make money. if I stock up it's because I NEED the tokens. although I am broke atm. lol. sitting on too many compys.

My father taught me a lot about the financial world. He said, never to trust the salesman who needs to look up the price in a book or on a computer. What they are really checking out is the size of your wallet. A salesman should have the price listed on the item and know what he is selling you. I am certain, if my father was alive today, he would tell us another parable about the world of buying and selling.

This breaking up a pack, to make the items would not be bad, except, they are both the retailer and producer of the product. I wonder who the new marketing manager is at Cryptic? Still nothing in the Zen market that I desire to buy.

Check out the new cdp. my hope had gone up. before this.. but vip instead of talking about the stuff we were supposed to talk about. all hope erased tbh. I thought maybe we'd actually see changes for the better, but they choose to talk about one of the only things in the game that isn't broken.. and talking about it in a way that would totally break it that is salesman driven??? yeah. serious yuck
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User

Check out the new cdp. my hope had gone up. before this.. but vip instead of talking about the stuff we were supposed to talk about. all hope erased tbh. I thought maybe we'd actually see changes for the better, but they choose to talk about one of the only things in the game that isn't broken.. and talking about it in a way that would totally break it that is salesman driven??? yeah. serious yuck
    The VIP CDP obviously is to look for ways of making more people buy VIP, or to get a reason to increase VIP prices.

This again is a part of a bigger pattern where Cryptic desperately is trying to increase the income from NW.
    Just look at the selling of Leg mounts in Zen store, the selling of old packs(with Alpha compy) and the price increases in the Zen store.

It is no wonder they do this, facing a 50% fall in player activity and a similar 50% fall in Zen income must be bad for any business. The suits are likely looking at NW with the terminate-hammer ready.

There is reason for us to worry - both that the game could be put into maintenance mode or terminated, but also what changes this increase focus on income could mean for the game. Up to now the game has been very free-to-play friendly.
  • utookmynickutookmynick Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited January 2020

... used to be one pack with all the tokens

It didn't have all the tokens. The old pack did not include Cloaked Ascendancy, Jungles of Chult and Ravenloft.

The old pack contained:
    1. Sharandar
    2. Dread Ring
    3. Icewind Dale
    4. Tyranny of Dragons
    5. Elemental Evil
    6. Underdark
    7. The Maze Engine
    8. Storm King's Thunder
    Before Mod 18, the price of the other campaigns were:
    1. Cloaked Ascendancy - 2000
    2. Jungles of Chult - 2000
    3. Ravenloft - 3000
    Ravenloft was reduced to 2000 in mod 18. They basically took 10 of the 11 from above and split them into 2 packs and moved 1 out (Elemental Evil).

So to buy the 11 campaigns listed above, it would cost:

In Mod 17: 17,000
    In Mod 18: 16,000

The difference simply being the higher price of Ravenloft in mod 17 as the most recent buyout available. That position has been replaced with Acquisition Inc.
    Post edited by utookmynick on
  • alfared#9239 alfared Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    I like that you can now at least earn companion token from that lady in PE...where Knox used to be....if you grind there you dont need to buy them....before it was near imposible to earn them in the game!