test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] Stardock Lockbox Legendary Mount Pack Issue

Comments

• arkai#8115 arkai Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    Ive a question for dev, yu talked about listen community right? But yu read feedback a player have reported the bag and a video on preview forum... Its incredible yu not disable first the loockbox be4 the mod18 was up,i think this let us know how yu listen us , i hope will be a fix like bound to caracter all leg mount got on day 1 mod18 so they cant sell and if is in ah clean it its not that hard i think. Yu had chance to rollback all no one had blame yu for rollback except who got lot leggy mount lol.. but aniway i hope yu can find a good solution.
  • drago#3250 drago Member Posts: 190 Arc User

Ive a question for dev, yu talked about listen community right? But yu read feedback a player have reported the bag and a video on preview forum... Its incredible yu not disable first the loockbox be4 the mod18 was up,i think this let us know how yu listen us , i hope will be a fix like bound to caracter all leg mount got on day 1 mod18 so they cant sell and if is in ah clean it its not that hard i think. Yu had chance to rollback all no one had blame yu for rollback except who got lot leggy mount lol.. but aniway i hope yu can find a good solution.

That problem is solved anyways. New Meta is keep it secret and abuse it. Why would you share the Bug. It's highest Loot in the Loottable.
  • tchefi#6735 tchefi Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    tom#6998 said:

its funny how some ppl here are fine with players unfairly getting 200-300 million ad in a few min.

Honnestly : I don' care about few players ponctually making tons of virtual money (legit or not) in a free-to-play videogame known to revolve intensely on RNG, while the majority doesn't have the opportunity.
    This last "lockbox" event will change nothing for me.

Intersting enough, if a lot of leg mounts appeared on the AH due to the gift devs gave to the lucky ones during those 5-10minutes after mod18 was up, it's likely to make their market price a bit lower than if devs had rerolled back, and the real "losers" would be the players who are trying (or were planning) to sell legitimately acquired leg mounts.
    I didn't check yesterday, is their much more leg mounts available in the AH than usually ?

Personnally, if i had happenned to be one of those lucky players, and if i had acquired 30 leg mounts, then after the devs decision not to reroll I would probably have given away 27 of them accross my friends/guild/ally or make them prizes for my trimestrial ally Miss&Mister election event (sadly, it will only be, as usual, 99 prez wards + 1 coal ward + 1 rank 15 enchant for the 2 "winter season" winners. I hope the "losers" won't complain : i'm the only judge and jury to decide who win, and very prone to subjectivity :P ).
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

That problem is solved anyways. New Meta is keep it secret and abuse it. Why would you share the Bug. It's highest Loot in the Loottable.
    I, for one, am gonna start carrying 3 keys on each toon. Y'know. For Justin Case.
  • sobi#1980 sobi Member Posts: 401 Arc User
    zyronax said:

Since this was reported on test Forums, the really bad part is why did the devs not catch it? Someone did not do their job there.

But when it happened, and maybe 200-300 people did get free leg mounts, what options did Cryptic have?

* They could roll back, which would not mean much play lost, but which would mean 4-5-6 hours delay on the mod launch. That would not be good with a lot of eager people waiting to get into the mod. And that is assuming they did take a backup of the player database before they installed the mod, but I assume that is done as a matter of routine.

* They could do as they did, just block the bug and carry on, then look into it later. The problem of course is that people will open those mount packs, sell the mounts or the packs, reconfigure characters around the mounts, etc etc. So it is really no easy way to get that toothpaste back into the tube. That people open the Stardock lockbox must all over be considered a normal event, since it is one of the newer lockboxes, so there can be no talk of exploits and punishments.

While we all would have preferred this did not happen, the consequence of 200-300 free Leg mounts into the economy should be fairly short-lived. Some of those Leg mounts will likely end up on alts that otherwise would not get a Leg mount too, so not all of those Leg mounts will enter the economy at all.

200-300 players get a boost they did not expect and should be happy.

Other players are unhappy because they missed out, but really.. you can't go around and be unhappy because some people are lucky. This is on the same level as someone being lucky with the RNG.

Cryptic will likely lose some income from this in the form of reduced lockbox key sales or reduced Leg mount sale at next Zen sale.

People trying to sell (legit) Leg mounts probably will experience a Leg mount price drop for a while, but can just postpone selling. The Leg mount Zen sales has anyways contributed to pushing Leg mount prices down.

All over.. I think Cryptic handled this the best possible way.

It should never have happened though, in particular since this was on the Test boards.

Hardly. You're comparing a bugged occurrence that never should have occurred to an established working-as-intended legitimate RNG reward process. (Even if Cryptic's loot box RNG is utter tripe, and is one of those clear contenders for heavy government gambling regulation, but that's a discussion for another thread.)

It's not the same.
    I wonder if people actually are this clueless. The initial comment i am referring to, OP thinks that the issue was all about price drop of mounts on AH and reduced zen sale xD. If you ask me, the message was, as long as the bug is reported, you are free to exploit as you desire. Why do i say this? Well, out of the 200/300 who got leg mounts, how many probably knew of this glitch on preview and tested it on live? How many that were originally clueless about the glitch, tried to exploit it when they saw mass legendary mounts dropping in their chat?

Makes me happy in one way though, at least the devs are more lenient now and also more responsible for their own mistakes. It could backfire though in the future.
  • lipbulllipbull Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    i think not reacting is a minor harm - we all know well...but again they have to remove the old bans because they are now unjustified.
    And of course - if i did it on my own i would be happy a hole in my HAMSTER (as we germans said)
    Maintenance yesterday and now for hours- why you didn´t go the easy way? -why no rollback???
    Maybe exploiting mistakes expressly desired??? - i cannot believe it!!!
    Here are players who spend money to keep you and this game alive.
    So whats the right side of the game?
    reroll and give everybody the hellpitmount (account or charbound) which anybody can farm anyway...a good solution in my opinion
    and you now - the most "new" players didn´t know whats happened during the 10-15 minutes
    Post edited by lipbull on
  • quickfoot#7851 quickfoot Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    r000kie said:

Tinfoil hat on
    Someone intentionally modified the bag drop rates and let it slip into live.
    Tinfoil hat off

git blame, muahahahahahaha

https://git-scm.com/docs/git-blame

• kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    We understand that players are very passionate about their opinions on both sides of this matter, but flaming and name calling will not be tolerated here. Please keep your feedback on topic and constructive. Thanks.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    zyronax said:

zyronax said:

Despite the Millennials illusions to the contrary, life is not always fair. Sometimes you win. Sometimes you lose.
    Pick yourself up and move on buckaroo...it is a game, you will be alright...

Unlike life this is a manufactured game which means it is entirely within the realms of human control.

A more pertinent question is: Why are you attempting to down play abusive/cheating practices while ridiculing and demeaning other people of whom you likely have little-to-no knowledge of?

-From a non-Millennial who is well aware of how the real world works
    it may be under someone's control but there is still no way to make everything fair for everyone. they say "life" is like that because it's the same set of rules but perception/morals/world view is different for everyone. you can have a group of small people who will entirely disagree on what is "fair" some of those people really WOULD have gotten the mount. for those people this it would be very unfair to roll back .(and who is to say who those people were?) I personally am on team roll back.. but not anymore. the moment is lost. it needed to happen immediately. but I also don't think it's terrible that it wasn't. Imo this is on the tier of funny. not anger making. and it might be a good lesson for the devs in actually READING amd LISTENING to the feedback instead of the culture of dismissal.
    I comprehend your point of view, but it doesn't pass muster in light of the well established miniscule odds of getting a legitimate RNG legendary pack drop. Is it plausible? Sure. Is it highly improbable? You bet, and since we know for a fact that the RNG on that lockbox was not working as intended the benefit of the doubt goes out the window when it is clear that it was spammed by various players.

A 5 minute server rollback was the only sensible and fair course of action. It would have restored the keys and lockboxes used while not erroneously gifting hundreds of millions upon millions of AD worth of one of the most valuable and sought after items in the game.

Alternatively, Cryptic has to do the legwork and examine each and every lockbox RNG roll during the time period in question. I don't care much additional work it is for them. They were warned in advance and ignored it. Actions have consequences.
    yet on the first hour of a mod drop you still see a stream of people getting drops. it's not like it's one drop an hour. it's usually one after the other. just not quite as prolific as it was.
  • tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User

zyronax said:

zyronax said:

Despite the Millennials illusions to the contrary, life is not always fair. Sometimes you win. Sometimes you lose.

Unlike life this is a manufactured game which means it is entirely within the realms of human control.

A more pertinent question is: Why are you attempting to down play abusive/cheating practices while ridiculing and demeaning other people of whom you likely have little-to-no knowledge of?

it may be under someone's control but there is still no way to make everything fair for everyone. they say "life" is like that because it's the same set of rules but perception/morals/world view is different for everyone. you can have a group of small people who will entirely disagree on what is "fair" some of those people really WOULD have gotten the mount. for those people this it would be very unfair to roll back .(and who is to say who those people were?) I personally am on team roll back.. but not anymore. the moment is lost. it needed to happen immediately. but I also don't think it's terrible that it wasn't. Imo this is on the tier of funny. not anger making. and it might be a good lesson for the devs in actually READING amd LISTENING to the feedback instead of the culture of dismissal.
    I comprehend your point of view, but it doesn't pass muster in light of the well established miniscule odds of getting a legitimate RNG legendary pack drop. Is it plausible? Sure. Is it highly improbable? You bet, and since we know for a fact that the RNG on that lockbox was not working as intended the benefit of the doubt goes out the window when it is clear that it was spammed by various players.

A 5 minute server rollback was the only sensible and fair course of action. It would have restored the keys and lockboxes used while not erroneously gifting hundreds of millions upon millions of AD worth of one of the most valuable and sought after items in the game.

Alternatively, Cryptic has to do the legwork and examine each and every lockbox RNG roll during the time period in question. I don't care much additional work it is for them. They were warned in advance and ignored it. Actions have consequences.
    yet on the first hour of a mod drop you still see a stream of people getting drops. it's not like it's one drop an hour. it's usually one after the other. just not quite as prolific as it was.
    just maybe that is because there are alot more ppl opening boxes when a new mod starts?
  • drago#3250 drago Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    tom#6998 said:

zyronax said:

zyronax said:

just maybe that is because there are alot more ppl opening boxes when a new mod starts?
    Yes. The old ones. That makes sense.
  • hades#2194 hades Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited January 2020
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    tom#6998 said:

zyronax said:

zyronax said:

I think maybe you've lost the plot of context here... read upwards. I'll rehash although that irritates me. (but not sure if maybe the original post was one of the ones that got swept away to the depths even though it wasn't flaming or responding to flaming anymore than the rest of this thread is) this was about why it is on one side fair that they don't roll back. because there would be a fair number of people that honestly would have got that drop no matter what. Rolling back robs them of their luck.
  • zyronaxzyronax Member Posts: 153 Arc User

zyronax said:

zyronax said:

The usual working-as-intended drop rates upon a new Mod launch aren't even close to what we've concrete screenshot evidence of here. To even attempt to pass it off as being in the same neighborhood is fallacious.
  • thany#4351 thany Member Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited January 2020

@ Neverwinter Team

It would be wrong to ban them all but they do deserve it since it was an exploit, tho that would doom the game for sure. You did not rollback when you should have so you've got 2 options I would presume, one being that you write a code to remove those that got the Stardock Legendary Mount Pack via bug/exploit and two you gift everyone a Legendary Mount Pack that has not used the bug/exploit to get a unfair advantage over other players but that also would make more issue to deal with, however if they get to keep what they got via bug/exploit and you dont compensate the rest it will be a game over moment for many. Quite a mess!

It's simple . If they don't do anything that's sign we can use bugs/exploits in the future. Anyway it's easy to solve this. Give bind to account to character, legendary and that's it. It's not bind on account, but you can choose where you will use it. It's not fair, they/exploiters can sell mount for millions AD; but there's satisfactory in some way.
    so it seems like nothing gonna happens except a new post...tastes very bad in my opinion...and there is much more time than necessary with your every day maintenance. so for me it looks like you can´t do a rollback even if you wanted.
    Thumb up - well done….
  • libackilibacki Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    As a new player (played maybe for last 2 months) who spent some money (around 100 pounds maybe more, including around 20 for just keys (still don't have leg mount from it)), knowing that this game suffers low playerbase and probably still declining, still wanted to support the team and game... but now it makes me feel bad, just bad. I think that hurts ppl like me the most, who are supporting the game, not expecting anything special (the chances from lootboxes are atrocious), and then something like this happens. Everybody can now say i was stupid to spend money on this game, but thats what make this game happen, and ppl supporting this game in any way shouldn't be left like that. Now ill think twice before spending any money here
    edited January 2020
    trust me - i could bite in my HAMSTER if i look at my inbox and see how many zen i have purchased over the years
    Post edited by lipbull on
    I think not the player who drops a mount is the problem - let's guess i spend over 1000 euros over the years for VIP etc. includes buying keys and didnt get a legendary mount. seems no prob to me cause i think im one of the thousand of unlucky people who cant get it. But then comes cryp with an maybe unread fault which is known on preview and all users who are dare themselve get free mounts (not one or two) and cryp do nothing except to congrat. its hard to see that and changed my mind
  • qwregtqwregt Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    been waiting for you guys to do the right thing cause i have been playing your game since mod5 where i have never seen so much HAMSTER in my life where you need to give players that didn't exploit the lockbox a free legendary stardock mount for how vip and keys would of been nice also so why are we not seeing this yet
    edited January 2020
    i think 1 key and the right bug should be enough - lets see what happen
    but you see - no dev will answer anything - so form your own opinion