test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dungeons added to the queues...

animewatcha#6533 animewatcha Member Posts: 126 Arc User
edited January 2020 in General Discussion (PC)

Cradle of the Death God has returned to the Random Trial Queue.
Castle Ravenloft has returned to the Random Dungeon Queue.
Lair of the Mad Mage is now in the Random Dungeon Queue.

Castle Ravenloft

This is a refresher of the changes since the last time this instance was in the Random Queue.

Sisters of Strahd: It is now possible to generate threat on the Sisters, even when they are invulnerable to damage.
Arcolith: The Arcolith's maximum hit points have been increased.
Strahd:
Strahd's maximum hit points have been increased.
The damage for Strahd's Lunge and Bloodflight has been increased.
Never did Ravenloft. It's good that threat can be generated on the sisters. The unrezzable One hit kill that is in Ravenloft ( can't remember if at sisters, Strahd, or both ). Has that been changed to be scroll-able? If not. WHY IS IT IN THE QUEUE?? Also, why the buffs to the bosses? Did players ask for this? What about bug fixes? Have rewards been upgraded to justify the increase in difficulty vs work at completing this? This gets worse when now we are going to have parties of people that can't Communicate the same language.

Cradle of the Death God

This is a refresher of the changes since the last time this instance was in the Random Queue.

The damage for Cry of the Atropal has been increased.
Soulmonger Cord: The Soulmongers Cord's maximum hit points have been increased.
Atropal
The Atropal's maximum hit points have been increased.
The damage for the Atropal's arm swing has been increased.
Acererak: Acererak's maximum hit points have been increased.
This trial was fine as is. Especially with the rezable fall. Why did the bosses need to be buffed? This trial ( before the buff to bosses ) is more forgiving than for people that are new and may not speak the same language.

Lair of the Mad Mage is now in the Random Dungeon Queue.
Is lair of the mad mage being scaled now that it is in the Random Dungeon Queue? If not, then it is an admission by game devs that Scaling should not be in the game PERIOD.
If it has been scaled...with it in the random queue now, has arturia nearly insta-kill- no -rez been made scrollable? If not, then be ready for lots of potential failures statistics as people leave. Language barrier doesn't help much. Less players playing can make for increased chance of communication across language barriers be a problem.
Be sure to have stats ready on the 'failure' report for which ones for private queue organized versus the truely 'random queue'. These stats being ones we can analyze and not be maid up. Failure to do so means 1k zen compensation to all players across all platforms and that we can't trust any data given by devs.

-edit- My apologizes for not being able to do multiple quotes correct when trying to 'copy and paste' format from another post on a forum.

Comments

• tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User
    > @animewatcha#6533 said:
    > (Quote)
    > (Quote)
    > Never did Ravenloft. It's good that threat can be generated on the sisters. The unrezzable One hit kill that is in Ravenloft ( can't remember if at sisters, Strahd, or both ). Has that been changed to be scroll-able? If not. WHY IS IT IN THE QUEUE?? Also, why the buffs to the bosses? Did players ask for this? What about bug fixes? Have rewards been upgraded to justify the increase in difficulty vs work at completing this? This gets worse when now we are going to have parties of people that can't Communicate the same language.(Quote)
    > This trial was fine as is. Especially with the rezable fall. Why did the bosses need to be buffed? This trial ( before the buff to bosses ) is more forgiving than for people that are new and may not speak the same language.(Quote)
    > Is lair of the mad mage being scaled now that it is in the Random Dungeon Queue? If not, then it is an admission by game devs that Scaling should not be in the game PERIOD.
    > If it has been scaled...with it in the random queue now, has arturia nearly insta-kill- no -rez been made scrollable? If not, then be ready for lots of potential failures statistics as people leave. Language barrier doesn't help much. Less players playing can make for increased chance of communication across language barriers be a problem.
    > Be sure to have stats ready on the 'failure' report for which ones for private queue organized versus the truely 'random queue'. These stats being ones we can analyze and not be maid up. Failure to do so means 1k zen compensation to all players across all platforms and that we can't trust any data given by devs.
    >
    > -edit- My apologizes for not being able to do multiple quotes correct when trying to 'copy and paste' format from another post on a forum.

Why does everything need to be scrollable? How about u actually play the dungeon instead of wanting to bypass everything?
  • merik1999merik1999 Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    Ravenloft:
    Just played it. we 4 manned it No tank. no problems nor bugs. Was easy and our IL team was 22k - 24k. So whatever changes they made were good. Dont bypass it. it is very do-able

CODG:
    this was so easy it was stupid. Before this last patch we were 3 and 4 manning this skirmish. Glad to see it be a little harder. I was using my 20k Horrible Tank with extreme crappy gear, basically just an IL spam and having no problems at all on this Skirmish before the upgrade

LOMM:
    Have not done this yet on the new patch but I was still failing with my top DPS because Tank or Healer did not understand the mechanics or the other DPS were Just IL spammers with no power at all. So I can see this one be a problem. I would like to see it have its own Random Queue like before. Same with TOMM.

• motu999#9953 motu999 Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    difficult to tell after just a couple hours of game time, whether the changes are positive or negative.
    Will wait with my assessment when I have done a fair amount of pug runs :-)
  • xenocide#6119 xenocide Member Posts: 251 Arc User
    Well I got castle ravenloft in my random queue last night. And managed to finish it for the first time!
    Was a great run
  • zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    I did a full Random PUG of LoMM last night. About 7 players quit along the way until we passed Arcuria. She does insta-kill with no chance for rez still. Run time was just under an hour. I dealt over 200 million damage as HDPS. The next highest DPS was 74 million. We had no re-dos except Arcturia who took about 6 tries.
  • akemnosakemnos Member Posts: 597 Arc User
    what insta kill are you talking about. never been insta killed by Arcturia. there is the cocoon but that can be healed and the odd time it hasn't been i have gotten up from that with a soul forge.
  • zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    I think its from the cocoon. All i know is there were times we were about half done and everyone died instantly. Life scrolls would not work.