test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mod 19 on hold for 1 year is a great mistake

magdalena#1708 magdalena Member Posts: 338 Arc User
edited January 2020 in General Discussion (PC)
The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.
I understand the good intentions of providing quality content.
BUT THE CONTEXT RENDERS THE CONSQUENCES AS HARMFUL.
CONTEXT
1. 1 previous year of 1 Mod with a trial extension.
2. THAT WILL MAKE 2 YEARS WITH 2 MODS , 1 KNOWN FOR NERFING TO THE GROUND AND NAUSEATING ME REPETITION .
3.The game is old enough to render suspicion when it gets stagnant.
4.EX players of the game that made a mission in life to slander Neverwinter.
If they do not play it, nobody should play it.
I personally replied to more than 100 comments on all sites that wanted to promote the lie that Neverwinter is in maintenence mode.

IF YOU TAKE 1 YEAR AFTER ALL THIS CONTEXT IS HARMFUL TO THE GAME.

The players that left over combat changes will NEVER come back because they did not love the core of the game but the combat as it was.
TO WASTE ANY TIME OR RESOURCES TRYING TO PLEASE PLAYERS THAT WILL NEVER COME BACK IS FUTILE .

AND DISMISSING D&D ACTIVE PLAYERS NEEDS OVER PLAYERS THAT QUIT THE GAME IS PLAIN HARMFUL.

This message is for developers.
I feel no need to convince any person that quit over combat that they lie about returning for tired dungeons.

Comments

• arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User

Honestly - wth are you talking about? They must release at least 3 mods a year. They are doing this. Are you playing the game or just whining around for fun? Aside from all issues with NW currently, your post is making more harm than anything devs did.

They announced that the mod roll out is slowing down and that M19 might come out at the end of the year during the maintenance stream on twitch. HOWEVER, they did announce that there will be more content released in between mods. Something of an Evolving story. There will be more information at the end of next week, showing a rough roadmap of the next year.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    arazith07 said:

Honestly - wth are you talking about? They must release at least 3 mods a year. They are doing this. Are you playing the game or just whining around for fun? Aside from all issues with NW currently, your post is making more harm than anything devs did.

They announced that the mod roll out is slowing down and that M19 might come out at the end of the year during the maintenance stream on twitch. HOWEVER, they did announce that there will be more content released in between mods. Something of an Evolving story. There will be more information at the end of next week, showing a rough roadmap of the next year.
    If I remember correctly, Chris kind of said it but that also kind of surprised Julie. Chris kind of back tracked that later. Hence, I don't really consider that as "announced" or official. There was no mention about they got an okay with WoTC. That section was more or less blur over and questionable and many coughing in between (Chris was very sick).
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    Let us wait until the planned announcement that will come by the end of next week. More will be clear then. There was a lot of heavy inferences to Guild Wars 2's Living story (a game that Chris has worked on when that part of the game was initially added). All this talk of doom and gloom could be completely unfounded.

Even if one sells only ice cubes, smile and tell how cool they are. Or stay home.

These days. I don't even get a smile from McDonald.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User

Thank you for putting the next mod on hold.....with the recent decision to add more frequent updates in between future mods, and making them a more narrative experience, this will greatly improve the quality of the content

-Thalor

WHAT FREQUENT UPDATES MEANS?
    You have no clue, nobody has , what are you thanking for?!
    You just like how words sound? Listen to poetry.
    1 thing for sure , update MUST mean smaller content than Mod.
    When your game lacks content for 1 year , you do not let another 1 year pass with even smaller content.
    It is like letting a hungry man starve without bread , because a fancy dinner will come sometime later.

it MUST not mean anything. words have meanings that we designate to them. a mod is something they are entirely in control of designating a meaning for as is a content drop, to me what I'm hearing is mod now means architectural changes. but a content drop is all the stuff we look forward to instead of dreading in a mod.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    Actually, in D&D terms, "Mod" would be "Module"; 1 adventure. Not a campaign.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    edited January 2020
    Modules in D&D are campaigns, or new settings. This is very true. But that doesn't mean that cryptic can't work to add more stuff to the existing story. No need for new mods. Revisiting old zones, adding more narrative, maybe a skirmish or trial, similar to what we have seen in all the half mods, or M17. There is no need to be so strict in how things should or should not work. For all we know, they could be adding parts of actual Avernus in a few months. We simply don't know until they tell us.
  • jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    Many others would've called it off and went back to bed.
    Also: I don't care how it comes across, or what we are promised, I will wait to actually see something delivered. I want to see that roadmap first, then I want content implemented. If that's M19 or not doesn't matter to be, just start movin...
    - bye bye -
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    arazith07 said:

Modules in D&D are campaigns, or new settings. This is very true. But that doesn't mean that cryptic can't work to add more stuff to the existing story. No need for new mods. Revisiting old zones, adding more narrative, maybe a skirmish or trial, similar to what we have seen in all the half mods, or M17. There is no need to be so strict in how things should or should not work. For all we know, they could be adding parts of actual Avernus in a few months. We simply don't know until they tell us.

Settings tend to be "books"; hard covers at that.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • bobby4700bobby4700 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 179 Arc User
    Did we get new content ? all i see is rehash of stronghold area and demons from mantol . this was no big input of new things . Always when new "Mod" comes zen exchange starts to drop some ,this time it went up we are back to 18 mill back log . I do love the game and mechanics, but if there is a year to wait after getting some rehashed material for a mod . I do fear most gamers will move on .
  • corsair#6764 corsair Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    The 2x Barovia week saw a lot of folks gain a lot of RAD. That on its own could account for the rather rapid rise in the ZAX over the last few days.

I for one would really prefer to see a major QA/bug-hunt effort before the rush to add new content.
  • bobby4700bobby4700 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 179 Arc User

The 2x Barovia week saw a lot of folks gain a lot of RAD. That on its own could account for the rather rapid rise in the ZAX over the last few

rad and ad are not same you still can only turn 100k rad aday into AD and thats easy to obtain most people have a backlog . what i think is funny out that post all you got was exchange went up .

edited January 2020
    bobby4700 said:

rad and ad are not same you still can only turn 100k rad aday into AD and thats easy to obtain most people have a backlog . what i think is funny out that post all you got was exchange went up .

Not everyone is reaching 100K cap. For those who are consistently getting 100K cap and have a big rAD backlog, they would not even bother to do 2xBarovia week thing. They are done by those who do not do runs to get 100K cap daily and don't have a rAD backlog. Yes, these are a big chunk of AD from this group of people.
  • nooneatzanooneatza Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    Hurr durr mod18 sucks hurr durr just a sh map with a skin.
    Let's see, we're getting a campaign with 4 boons points and an interesting storyline. We are getting a completely new dungeon. We are getting new gear. We are getting coal wards, leg dragon keys, companions, mounts etc from juma boxes, so there will be interest in the new "revamped SH map" for quite some time.
    They are postponing m19 to fix stuff and refine other game systems.

You forum warriors complain when you dont get bugfixes or qol changes, and when they say they'll work on those, you complain you dont get new content.