test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

BHE's in Vallenhas

lordaeoloslordaeolos Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 167 Arc User
The Devils's Siege BHE should be giving a higher reward than the other BHE.

Because Devil's Siege is more difficult/ takes much longer to defeat, gives the same rewards, and is further from the main zone entrance, it will be harder to get people to do that BHE, and will for the most part be a novelty that most people will avoid. To mitigate this the rewards for this BHE should be higher to incentivize people to also run this BHE.
"Lord Willow"
Guild Leader: Mistaken Identity (formerly Midnight Express)
My Twitch Stream
See my Youtube Channel for guides and more

"Don't ever become a pessimist... a pessimist is correct oftener than an optimist, but an optimist has more fun, and neither can stop the march of events."

Comments

• gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    Seconded. Yesterday the area of the Siege Engine BHE was always desert, while people were farming smaller encounters and the BHE with the large Barlgura, near the stronghold walls.
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • cootiemancootieman Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    And the other issue is the instance cap and not allowing more than 5 people to a party in open world, getting groups of people to the same instance to coordinate is nearly impossible. Devs should consider adding a "Form Raid Party" to the Open World so guilds and alliances can get larger groups together, especially if they are wanting to push cooperative game play and playing to each class's strengths. Otherwise that Seige Engine heroic will probably remain empty all the time. Weak rewards, lack of people in an instance, unable to form larger groups and so on.

• elsungaelsunga Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    Really fed up with all that APE++ grind. What a useless mod...
  • lordaeoloslordaeolos Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 167 Arc User
    elsunga said:

@elsunga I'm sorry you feel that way, there is absolutely no real need for you to grind the "+APE" BHE; I get plenty or campaign currency just bumming around the map looking for Rare Monster Spawns and hitting minor HE's. I for one see no need for a display of negativity, have been enjoying the Mod so far, and I have plenty to do... So my question is, why do you consider it a useless mod? Blanket statements can't help the development team improve, but if you cite specific examples, and raise these in the upcoming CDP's maybe the development team can help prevent the sources of your frustrations.

I just have a few minor things I would have liked to have been done differently:

1. Rewards better tuned for BHE's (next CDC topic is rewards, so this should be much better in the future)
    2. Better spawn rate for Rare Monsters (I believe the team is discussing this)
    3. Bit more QA testing to improve bug backlog (team focus this year, so should get better in future content releases)
    4. Only reset boons, not the entire character config for all load-outs (this is quite tiring)

"Lord Willow"
    Guild Leader: Mistaken Identity (formerly Midnight Express)
    My Twitch Stream
    See my Youtube Channel for guides and more

"Don't ever become a pessimist... a pessimist is correct oftener than an optimist, but an optimist has more fun, and neither can stop the march of events."
  • carloswartune#5709 carloswartune Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    I agree, people are going crazy farming BHEs to get 100 currency, while the small heroics give 75. It's probably faster to farm the small heroics (using "killme" + the portals around the map to get around faster) in just one instance than going through all the fuss of changing instances for BHEs. Just avoid "Summoning Circle", it takes way more time than all the others.
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User

elsunga said:

@elsunga I'm sorry you feel that way, there is absolutely no real need for you to grind the "+APE" BHE; I get plenty or campaign currency just bumming around the map looking for Rare Monster Spawns and hitting minor HE's. I for one see no need for a display of negativity, have been enjoying the Mod so far, and I have plenty to do... So my question is, why do you consider it a useless mod? Blanket statements can't help the development team improve, but if you cite specific examples, and raise these in the upcoming CDP's maybe the development team can help prevent the sources of your frustrations.

I just have a few minor things I would have liked to have been done differently:

1. Rewards better tuned for BHE's (next CDC topic is rewards, so this should be much better in the future)
    2. Better spawn rate for Rare Monsters (I believe the team is discussing this)
    3. Bit more QA testing to improve bug backlog (team focus this year, so should get better in future content releases)
    4. Only reset boons, not the entire character config for all load-outs (this is quite tiring)

What?

There are rare monster spawns? Wow sounds interesting, will have a look around tonight :)