test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Soulweaver Issues

legend#9825 legend Member Posts: 31 Arc User
edited January 2020 in Player Feedback (Xbox One)
I made a post recently regarding issues to Soulweaver spec as it pertains to raid dungeons.

The soulweaver spec is a toon central oriented spec. Powers are exerted from the toon onto other characters. None of the powers are point and click area based, which makes it difficult to heal raid members in a section of the map. All powers only apply to PARTY members (5 at any given time); this is hampering the healing class when in a RAID environment. It seems to be an issue with the coding of the soulweaver when casting spells as oppose to AREA point & click powers that paladins and clerics have. In addition, ALL the powers including soul mending requires soul sparks. None of the other classes at-will require a resource, which is problematic in itself. In addition, its single target based and the soulspark it drains is drastic compared to the encounter shatterspark.

Furthermore, the magnitude of the encounters and powers, including daily, are extremely low. This is a problem in the DPS spec as well, which many of us have been protesting to get them increased & powers reworked. When comparing the area healing power of paladins and clerics, our is much lower in magnitude. Powers like Soul Pact (daily) for the health penalty of 10% health every second it incurs is currently at 500 healing magnitude; It should heal 1000 magnitude plus the damage resistance of 10% to ALL RAID members within 100 feet. Currently, it only applies to PARTY members. The other lame daily power which grant us 1 soul spark per second for 10 second with two easily to kill ghost, needs a rework.... How about grant us the ability to NOT only heal for lets say 700 magnitude but give us the ability to grant a shield 75% (YELLOW BAR so it won't override healadin's shield) of our health that last 30 seconds or until depleted to RAID members.

Warlock's Bargain is another encounter which is greatly underpowered for the penalty it incurs. Yes, it remove bad effects effectively, however, the healing it does is extremely weak. Please increase it to 400 healing magnitude as a toon central oriented power is fine,,,, HOWEVER, Shatterspark MUST be an AREA point and click power OR have the power affect all RAID members.... instead of 5 balls shooting out... up to 10 balls must shoot out to all members within the soulweaver's radius.

Similarly, I called for a rework of Vampiric Embrance and give the power ONLY to soulweavers, where the shield it adds equals to 50% of our healths to counterbalance the LIFE BIND feat. And yes, make the shield yellow (the spell exist because its equal to T9 shield spell) in our healthbar.

Any input to these issues I have encounter when healing in ToMM would be appreciated.

Comments

• northking#0821 northking Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I don’t know if I’m posting in the right spot but the soul broker in protectors enclave won’t give me quest for two days in a row now
  • legend#9825 legend Member Posts: 31 Arc User

I don’t know if I’m posting in the right spot but the soul broker in protectors enclave won’t give me quest for two days in a row now

wrong place.... You need to create your own thread about it. ;OP
  • milehighxr#1299 milehighxr Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    @op, I didn't do to bad in Tales of Old with my soulweaver at 22k IL and only 3 comps with the +5 outgoing healing bonus, and they were all green at that time. I used the only aoe heal that we have available.

I would like to see and increase in the rate at which soul sparks are generated. Maybe even the range of the aoe heal also. Too much running around to everyone and they die. I have a really hard time finding my team mates for some reason...

@op, I didn't do to bad in Tales of Old with my soulweaver at 22k IL and only 3 comps with the +5 outgoing healing bonus, and they were all green at that time. I used the only aoe heal that we have available.

I would like to see and increase in the rate at which soul sparks are generated. Maybe even the range of the aoe heal also. Too much running around to everyone and they die. I have a really hard time finding my team mates for some reason...

Tales of Old is a party dungeon NOT RAID! Please re-read my post before posting and test it for yourself.... Create a paladin and DC alt or discuss it with friends who are.... and See how our issues as soulweavers are a problem in RAID, since they only APPLY to 5 members at a time....

example.

A paladin can throw a shield in a raid, and it will affect all 10 members.
    A DC can throw a heal in a raid, and it will affect all 10 members.
    A SW throws a heal in a raid, and it will only affect 5 members of the raid!!!!!!!!! That's a travesty!

Tales of Old is a party dungeon NOT RAID! Please re-read my post before posting and test it for yourself.... Create a paladin and DC alt or discuss it with friends who are.... and See how our issues as soulweavers are a problem in RAID, since they only APPLY to 5 members at a time....

example.

A paladin can throw a shield in a raid, and it will affect all 10 members.
    A DC can throw a heal in a raid, and it will affect all 10 members.
    A SW throws a heal in a raid, and it will only affect 5 members of the raid!!!!!!!!! That's a travesty!
    I missed that part of yer post. I always run my tank in the trial q, as if I can get e-demo, it's only 15 min, and pretty easy for him to do. Granted the healers lately haven't been quite up to par, but I can release and get back in....
  • tgwolftgwolf Member Posts: 501 Arc User
    Soulweaver is a specialized Healer designed for admittedly, much more competent groups who are capable of handling themselves in content. It sacrifices raw healing power for the ability to disregard accuracy entirely and provide one of the only group Dmg. buffs in the game.

Because of this, no it isn't very effective at healing outside your group but that doesn't mean it can't.

This is where you need to train in fight knowledge to make optimal use of Harrowstorm, which completely disregards groups and will heal any friendly who is touching it.

Learn the placement formations of: Ring, Line and Stack and apply them where they are best suited and after that it is up to the other players to understand how to take advantage of your services.

Remember that as a Healer you can cure many things. But not stupidity.
  • rev#7881 rev Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    Pretty much every has already been said in mod 16 preview even the fact that shatter spark only heals party members, and if something is in the way it won't even heal but they just didn't care, and for those that say ''oh but i ran this and it was fine'' than you are... well i'll leave that to your imagination.

Just because you can heal with soulweaver it doesn't mean it is actually good compared to other classes:

Lets see just encounter /daily magnitudes

- Paladin divine touch is only 350 mag but offers a thing better than heals, huge HAMSTER shield (when using the feat critical touch).
    Divine shelter has 400 mag and offers a small shield
    cleansing touch 200 mag
    Lay on hands : doesn't have a mag because it heals the targeted person to full and removes debuffs instantly.

- Cleric , i'm not in game right now so i don't remember correctly but i think it is;
    750 magnitude for bastion of health,
    400 for healing word
    cleansing light 400 mag
    1600 for Intercession (23 or 24 sec cooldown)
    Guardian of life 600 mag plus 300 mag over time

- meanwhile Warlock;
    shatter spark 400 mag
    wraith's shadow 100 mag
    harrowstorm 200 mag
    warlock's bargain 200 mag

Now if you think a 5% dmg buff on a encounter that is stationary in the current state of the game where you have to be always dodging HAMSTER can counter those mags you are literally insane (and yeah i know you still get the buff 3 secs after leaving the circle, but most people won't even stand in it in the first place)

''Oh but soulweaver is more of a damage dealer/healer oriented class'', yeah if they didn't remove killing flames from it and gave us something like... lets say exaltation from the clerics that give 20% increase in dmg and outgoing healing then i would agree with you,

AOE

Cleric - daunting light has a 550 magnitude

Paladin - Bane: 480 mag

Warlock - arms of hadar (65 mag),
    bva (25 mag per blade for 6 secs and the it has pretty much no range)
    curse bite (250 mag x2)

So for a dps/healer oriented class we actually don't have that much dmg as people think.

Overall the class is just a complete HAMSTER show
    tgwolf said:

Soulweaver is a specialized Healer designed for admittedly, much more competent groups who are capable of handling themselves in content. It sacrifices raw healing power for the ability to disregard accuracy entirely and provide one of the only group Dmg. buffs in the game.

Because of this, no it isn't very effective at healing outside your group but that doesn't mean it can't.

This is where you need to train in fight knowledge to make optimal use of Harrowstorm, which completely disregards groups and will heal any friendly who is touching it.

Learn the placement formations of: Ring, Line and Stack and apply them where they are best suited and after that it is up to the other players to understand how to take advantage of your services.

Remember that as a Healer you can cure many things. But not stupidity.

People won't even bother to learn the mechs of E-demo, you think their gonna learn to play nice so they get healed by a warlock?
    rev#7881 said:

Pretty much every has already been said in mod 16 preview even the fact that shatter spark only heals party members, and if something is in the way it won't even heal but they just didn't care, and for those that say ''oh but i ran this and it was fine'' than you are... well i'll leave that to your imagination.

Just because you can heal with soulweaver it doesn't mean it is actually good compared to other classes:

Lets see just encounter /daily magnitudes

- Paladin divine touch is only 350 mag but offers a thing better than heals, huge HAMSTER shield (when using the feat critical touch).
    Divine shelter has 400 mag and offers a small shield
    cleansing touch 200 mag
    Lay on hands : doesn't have a mag because it heals the targeted person to full and removes debuffs instantly.

- Cleric , i'm not in game right now so i don't remember correctly but i think it is;
    750 magnitude for bastion of health,
    400 for healing word
    cleansing light 400 mag
    1600 for Intercession (23 or 24 sec cooldown)
    Guardian of life 600 mag plus 300 mag over time

- meanwhile Warlock;
    shatter spark 400 mag
    wraith's shadow 100 mag
    harrowstorm 200 mag
    warlock's bargain 200 mag

Now if you think a 5% dmg buff on a encounter that is stationary in the current state of the game where you have to be always dodging HAMSTER can counter those mags you are literally insane (and yeah i know you still get the buff 3 secs after leaving the circle, but most people won't even stand in it in the first place)

''Oh but soulweaver is more of a damage dealer/healer oriented class'', yeah if they didn't remove killing flames from it and gave us something like... lets say exaltation from the clerics that give 20% increase in dmg and outgoing healing then i would agree with you,

AOE

Cleric - daunting light has a 550 magnitude

Paladin - Bane: 480 mag

Warlock - arms of hadar (65 mag),
    bva (25 mag per blade for 6 secs and the it has pretty much no range)
    curse bite (250 mag x2)

So for a dps/healer oriented class we actually don't have that much dmg as people think.

Overall the class is just a complete HAMSTER show

I've been running primal weapons at epic on my healock, and he hasn't doing bad. Granted he's not as good as a cleric, but compared to most of the healdins I've seen in game on xbox he's better. I've learned to either run around to find those that need the heals, or to get the group to stay closer together so I can heal.

I still stand by my earlier statement that soul sparks need to regen fasterer wheen in combat.
    > @tgwolf said:
    > Soulweaver is a specialized Healer designed for admittedly, much more competent groups who are capable of handling themselves in content. It sacrifices raw healing power for the ability to disregard accuracy entirely and provide one of the only group Dmg. buffs in the game.
    >
    > Because of this, no it isn't very effective at healing outside your group but that doesn't mean it can't.
    >
    > This is where you need to train in fight knowledge to make optimal use of Harrowstorm, which completely disregards groups and will heal any friendly who is touching it.
    >
    > Learn the placement formations of: Ring, Line and Stack and apply them where they are best suited and after that it is up to the other players to understand how to take advantage of your services.
    >
    > Remember that as a Healer you can cure many things. But not stupidity.

Your post rather fall flat on its face. I am one of the top geared warlocks in Xbox and know my class in and out. It's rather sad you cannot grasp the request made of my Post but rather think or assume I do not know my class playstyle, what's capable and whats Not.... The devs have hampered the warlock in all aspects from DPS to Heal spec....

Please read the post someone made below which is more specific to the difference in magnitude. Honestly, soulweavers were given the short end of the stick on both specs... And it's extremely unfair to us. I want us to be useful in RAIDs and provide decent heals without having to spam twice to fully heal someone which is currently happening with players over 350k hp. DC heals for 500k+ easily.... On one shot... We don't have such flexibility.... And I would trade our damage bonus to be more viable in RAIDs. Even our at-will is a joke and resource hog.

Anyhow, be more thoughtful regarding the issues raised than talking nonsense.
    > @milehighxr#1299 said:
    > (Quote)
    > I've been running primal weapons at epic on my healock, and he hasn't doing bad. Granted he's not as good as a cleric, but compared to most of the healdins I've seen in game on xbox he's better. I've learned to either run around to find those that need the heals, or to get the group to stay closer together so I can heal.
    >
    > I still stand by my earlier statement that soul sparks need to regen fasterer wheen in combat.

Running Primal weapons greatly hampers your healing output. Use Alabaster or Burnished. And when you can or able to obtain them.... Get Lionheart set.

Soul spark regeneration is an issue .. sometimes we cannot regenerate any when in boss fights.

> @milehighxr#1299 said:

> (Quote)

> I've been running primal weapons at epic on my healock, and he hasn't doing bad. Granted he's not as good as a cleric, but compared to most of the healdins I've seen in game on xbox he's better. I've learned to either run around to find those that need the heals, or to get the group to stay closer together so I can heal.

>

> I still stand by my earlier statement that soul sparks need to regen fasterer wheen in combat.

Running Primal weapons greatly hampers your healing output. Use Alabaster or Burnished. And when you can or able to obtain them.... Get Lionheart set.

Soul spark regeneration is an issue .. sometimes we cannot regenerate any when in boss fights.

I'm waiting for the Mod 18 or 19 weapons, as I ain't never gonna get into ToMM on any of my toons. And how does a 10% outgoing healing and damage bonus hamper me vs the bonuses from the alabasters, or the burnished sets? I need to be hit or healed for more HP with a lower bonus for the burnished. The alabsater bonus expires. At least with the primals it has a more chances to proc. And they won't cost me a mint to refine just to be replaced laterer. This warlock is more of a farmer/ I started playing him more after the pallys got nerfed big time with mod 16...
    edited January 2020

> @milehighxr#1299 said:

> (Quote)

>

I'm waiting for the Mod 18 or 19 weapons, as I ain't never gonna get into ToMM on any of my toons. And how does a 10% outgoing healing and damage bonus hamper me vs the bonuses from the alabasters, or the burnished sets? I need to be hit or healed for more HP with a lower bonus for the burnished. The alabsater bonus expires. At least with the primals it has a more chances to proc. And they won't cost me a mint to refine just to be replaced laterer. This warlock is more of a farmer/ I started playing him more after the pallys got nerfed big time with mod 16...
    The damage output of ToMM weapons also affect your outgoing heal output. The word on the street is that ToMM will be BiS for at least 2 mods. You won't see another set replacing it until Mod 20.

In all honesty... The dev team rushed to introduce these weapons to NW. They should have left Watcher set be BiS until Mod 18. And continue that trend of some BiS gear every two MoDs.
  • cecil2xs#3048 cecil2xs Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Not sure if you weren’t sure of this but shatter spark is raid wide and it can effect more than 5 people. Before we took a break from the game our groups always used a warlock healer and had no issues using shatter spark to heal the entire group
  • drdark21#0636 drdark21 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited January 2020

not sure how familiar you are with the damage and healing formulas but

weapon damage is king for dmg and heals - way more so than any %dmg or %ogh boost the sets give
    this is how the game keeps you upgrading weapons because lets face it
    95% of the older weapon set bonuses are way better than those currently offered on newer sets

Well I started running my alabasters at epic. We'll see how those roll(or is it role?) for the time being. I still aint gonna be getting the Lionheart set, as I just don't see my pally getting into ToMM, let alone my lock. 40 runs to get the weapons, thanks but no. I'll wait for them to hit the tradebar store, or for the mod 18/19 weapons.

Until then, I'm trying out the alabaster set...
    And that's only because it literally cost me nothing to upgrade them to epic, I had all the resources on hand already.