test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] Stardock Lockbox Legendary Mount Pack Issue

Comments

• zyronaxzyronax Member Posts: 153 Arc User

It would be a slap in the face to rollback on those players who just logged on, got their key, used it and got the pack. It is only a slap in the face because YOU didn't get it. Honest people like myself who just got onto play, used our daily key, and got gifted shouldn't be penalized because you are butthurt

That argument would hold more weight *IF* it weren't for the fact that it was bug in the game, *AND* one that had already been reported at least a week before the launch. (Meaning that both Cryptic *AND* the public could be aware of it, and thus potentially abuse it.)

EIther roll it back (and I'm fine with those who used keys and opened chests getting those returned to them), or give every player the same access to the legendary mount pack.

aelrac said:

why are you rewarding players exploiting this glitch that you were warned about well in advance?

Theoretically, one could say to the opposite "why are you punishing players exploiting a glitch you were well aware of?" like, happening a few times ago with quite the same uproar.

Edit: I can actually patch now!
    Not even close to being the same argument, though it might appear so on the surface. The former is within the established rules (i.e. playing fair), the other is a deliberate violation of the rules. It is akin to asking, "Why aren't you committing crime since it can pay off?" (To be fair: that does frequently seem to be how the real world functions, but at least in some countries there is the appearance of trying to maintain law, order, and justice.)
    edited January 2020

look, i get that people who didn't get a mount are upset that they didn't get a mount.

but a rollback isn't the answer.

a rollback tells the devs not to worry too much if they screw up, they can just 'roll it back' and undo the consequences.

their stated course of 'no rollback' means players aren't getting hit for the dev's mistake, and the fact that they didn't get to just casually click 'undo' on that mistake will encourage the devs to be more careful in future.

Except, you know, for the quite likely vast majority of players who will now be taking the hit instead as others have an unintended, unfair advantage over them to the tune of double-digit millions of AD for each of the legendary mount packs they got through bugged means. Yeah, nothing to see here, folks. lol

Question for you: I notice you appear to carefully avoid mentioning whether you benefitted from this bug or not. Care to clear that up? Did you get in on the bugged legendary mount pack? It shouldn't be an issue for you to acknowledge it if you did since you claim it's of no harm. Right?....
  • js3bjs3b Member Posts: 368 Arc User
    Can we just get an answer by any manager/dev or what else. About what is going to be done about that issue ?
    Founder back a week ago, already pissed by cryptic ''no roll back'' decision

• thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    they devs are *GOT* if they do and *GOT* if they don't. this is universe a where they didn't roll back. but in universe b where they did roll back this SAME exact thread still exists but with the opposite outrage. NOW I HAVE TO CONVINCE MY TEAM MATES NOT TO QUIT. GIVE A MOUNT AND TAKE IT AWAY!!!!
  • urtew3urtew3 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    really cryptic that you really cant reward any of the good players and my self that did not explorer the broken stardock lockbox cause i really did not know this was broken so why cant you not reward any of us players two legendary mounts that did not explorer the broken box cause even i would of said thank you but i just dont see you doing that
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    Well, the solution here is rather simple, add another lockbox quest to the game for level 70 characters, one that will give everyone that legendary Stardock mount pack as bound to character reward. Hell, the Devs could even add some funky title to it as well for laughs.

Anyway, nothing new around here that a reported preview version bug wanders into the live version without being fixed, but for a change man or woman up and do the right thing after such a fudged up mess...
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
    regenerde said:

Well, the solution here is rather simple, add another lockbox quest to the game for level 70 characters, one that will give everyone that legendary Stardock mount pack as bound to character reward. Hell, the Devs could even add some funky title to it as well for laughs.

Anyway, nothing new around here that a reported preview version bug wanders into the live version without being fixed, but for a change man or woman up and do the right thing after such a fudged up mess...

that woudl destroy the market far more than the extra couple hundred that made it into the world already.
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    Wow.

The only thing that comes to my mind is: Why the hell we have preview server? Why they spend resources on this?

When I commented on the reported issue in preview I couldnt imagine this could go live, even knowing the game history. (we had something similar in the past with nightmare mounts)

Reacting like nothing happened hurts Cryptics credibility and devaluate the game economy. 12M AD in value is not a joke, at 750 converting ratio is 16.000 zen, converted to money, thats a lot, just because you were lucky to enter the game in that timeframe. People that spend money will think 2 times, because really, this is not fair for them.

I personally dont care about not being a lucky one, because I dont need it, but people that is "new" in the game strugling to progress and spend money here and there to make their characters better will be very dissapointed because the company doesnt seem "serious". And that people is the #1 priority to be retained in the game.
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • kors#9447 kors Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    I have NO WORDS. Really.

Give it to all VIPs or remove it from all.
    It's unfair to who was not online.
    edited January 2020

regenerde said:

that woudl destroy the market far more than the extra couple hundred that made it into the world already.
    I have a legendary mount sitting in my bank waiting for the "market" to recover for a while now, and i doubt it will even when they go into their favorite problem solving mode "sitting it out" again, so i'm screwed either way...

Beside, they could also introduce mythic mounts with module 19 lockboxes and everything would be back to "normal" until they fudge it up again during a following module release.
    Want to know why?
  • tassedethe13tassedethe13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    regenerde said:

regenerde said:

I have a legendary mount sitting in my bank waiting for the "market" to recover for a while now, and i doubt it will even when they go into their favorite problem solving mode "sitting it out" again, so i'm screwed either way...

Beside, they could also introduce mythic mounts with module 19 lockboxes and everything would be back to "normal" until they fudge it up again during a following module release.
    yes let's wait another 6 months to fix something !

regenerde said:

regenerde said:

... and? You make it sound like that would be something completely new around here.
    Want to know why?
  • jase2cooljase2cool Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 165 Arc User
    Indeed a Legendary Quality mod release...

Now its too late to rollback best method is to retract all the legendary mount which comes from that bugged lockbox and refund the keys during that time frame.
    edited January 2020
    jase2cool said:

Indeed a Legendary Quality mod release...

Now its too late to rollback best method is to retract all the legendary mount which comes from that bugged lockbox and refund the keys during that time frame.

I'm pretty sure that several of those packs were allready sold/traded, so it's a little bit too late for that as well.

What i don't get, they lock the server down so that no more players can get in, they disable that lockbox so that no more legendary packs can be pulled from it, but then don't mark all those legendary mounts at the very least bound to account right away?

Anyway, guessing we'll get some official statement at some point about the drop chance of the Stardock lockbox being fixed, the lockbox will be open for bussiness again and that's it.
    Want to know why?
    edited January 2020
    regenerde said:

regenerde said:

regenerde said:

... and? You make it sound like that would be something completely new around here.
    And ? In case you didn't read other posts, people asked for rollback, or some kind of equity. That's not because something is wrong during for years that we should stop asking to correct it and accept it omg.

I do not care, I am F2P.

But the official announcement said- Drop AT A HIGHER RATE THAT WAS INTENDED.

Who knows what that means? Maybe it was 0,0002 instead of 0,0001.

You might be angry over 10 legendary mounts that got to players that hoped to get one after 3-4 years .

It was 100%, read the topic someone posted screenshot with at least 50 legendary mounts dropping on a row, another one posted video about the bug in preview bugs, not fixed.

We are angry because they are not able to release modules without bugs we reported, we are angry because they treat us like they don't care.
    it wasnt 100 percent. some people did not get one that opened a lock box. it was just higher than expected. yes a lot of people hit them but on mod drop there can be a waiting list to get into the game so many ppl log on. it was definitely just a percentage of the whole, not the whole.