test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] Stardock Lockbox Legendary Mount Pack Issue

Comments

• quickfoot#7851 quickfoot Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    A rollback for those 5 minutes and fixing the bug might have been appropriate, but c'est la vie, game is patching again, lets go Boo and kick Evil in the Butt!!!

• darkzod#9528 darkzod Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    Thanks for nothing! I don't spend any more money.
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User
    Well, i now have some invisible HAMSTER blocking an inventory slot, and in the last 15min players pulled 6 legendary mounts from the new lockbox...

Anyway, if there's no rollback planed for this mess, then at the very least unlock the legendary mount from the Stardock lockbox account-wide for all players now.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • grumpyowl#1151 grumpyowl Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    > @nitocris83 said:
    > Greetings Adventurers,
    >
    > This was not 100% guaranteed for all players.

So... Not all players have the same RNG? Different drop rates being applied to different players? How is it possible that some players got it while others did not?
  • beigeman#7856 beigeman Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    Really ?? wtf are you guys playing at. A known reported bug and you let it go live... small wonder loads of peeps sought to take advantage of it. Quite frankly this is disgusting and by allowing it to happen you have provided an unfair advantage to some bug abusing players in your game. DISGUSTING
  • agilestoagilesto Member Posts: 516 Arc User
    Just on the screen posted earlier you can see around 500 million AD worth of stuff, and the screen shows a short period of time. There's probably way more than 1-2 billion AD worth of 10k power mounts spreading as we speak because devs didn't think a rollback of 5 min of a glitched lockbox would be necessary.
    This is incompetence over 9000
  • brandemisbrandemis Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    .... no words for that .... this makes me think if is worth to keep playing ... #shamenwo
  • haeyolhaeyol Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    The reason they didn't rollback is because most of the people that logged in and got the mounts, I assume, are hardcore players who play/spend a lot. The choice was simple for them. When it comes between appeasing casual players or hardcore players it's obvious which side they'd pick. I can't think of another reason why they would side with the minority of players that were able to benefit from this rather than the majority that did not.
  • baronvonboombaronvonboom Member Posts: 536 Arc User

, and the fact that they didn't get to just casually click 'undo' on that mistake will encourage the devs to be more careful in future.

I hope this is a joke as its also happened before:

Caturday
    Nightmare Thursday (Similar where they let people keep the mounts)

I just find it a real kick in the teeth for those who do spend money on the game

• mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    micky1p00 said:

exgardian said:

for those who didnt get a mount, like myself who were oblivious, will we get a tag - 'I survived legmountaday' ...? :)

They could instead put a permanent unchangeable "I stole this mount" title on those who got the exploit-granted legendary mount.
    I'll want the title, fits a rogue perfectly!!
    ^ Would pay Zen for that title :)
  • nevernixnevernix Member Posts: 25 Arc User

I hope this is a joke as its also happened before:

Caturday
    Nightmare Thursday (Similar where they let people keep the mounts)

I just find it a real kick in the teeth for those who do spend money on the game

yes, it happened before. *with a different dev team* remember, the dev team changed. these aren't the same devs.

the nightmare thursday incident wasn't repeated by the same devs.

caturday also hasn't been repeated ( and it was an entirely different type of incident, anyway. caturday was more akin to huntgate. )

Sorry, but this is nonsence. In my Opinion Developer is primary a role (not a person) ... processes and best practices for software development and especally testing apply to roles (or groups and ...) so, it doesnt matter, if this are or are not the same persons like before.

The developing team and the test team were responceble... to say the truth, i think management is responceble... because they are scaling the resources. devs and tester probaly would like to test / fix more.

Nix*

they probably would like to test/fix more. my point there was that someone else was giving it " the devs have done it before ! " as if the same people were repeating the same mistakes in this case, when it's actually different people, and same behaviour manifesting in-game does not mean same actual mistake made in terms of what was done.

it " doesn't matter " inasmuch as it's not desireable for the devs to be making mistakes, but it does matter with regards to the argument someone else was trying to make.

You dont have to be so passive aggressive, its brilliant to read but not healthy.

In regards your response though, your defense of this being a repeated issue with Cryptic is that with it being 3 different instances of this happening & possibly 3 different employees then thats ok as its not the same devs repeating it.

Unless nobody has updated company procedure regarding this since 2013 then its totally indefensible & thats just the fact its happened an doesnt include the fallout.

Its entirely relevant in a technical company, thats what procedures are for.

Youre arguing the minutiae of the same & similar issues & then using that to excuse them from being cumulative which for many people who have been around for all of them it most definitely is a cumulative issue. How many times must people see the same issue arise time after time, its neither faith inspiring or investment worthy.

Similar things have happened before, different people speculative, different formats speculative.
    Information gathered from previous problems should be logged & updated into company procedure to avoid similar issues again. On top of which the data gathering since prior problems has actually improved an yet its still overlooked for reasons unknown to us.

None of us know whats really happened but mistakes & Cryptic are hand in hand which isnt what I want to feel or say. Its disappointing.

Nobody is "butthurt" they didnt get a mount, let down, frustrated & forlorn perhaps but to wrap up peoples feelings in that simple manner is to be as culpable of what you accuse me of.

Lets not derail this any further, its happened now lets see if theres any further updates.

• zyronaxzyronax Member Posts: 153 Arc User

A rollback, whether it is for 5 minutes or a week would take the same amount of time and let's be honest, having to perform a system-wide rollback 5 minutes after a mod launch would be hugely damaging to Cryptic's reputation.

Unlike what's happening at present....
  • zyronaxzyronax Member Posts: 153 Arc User
    reg1981 said:

mutantgun said:

@reg1981 Are you mad? This bug has clearly exploited as so many people have mentioned above. It's like a bank accidentally gives you free cash and says, oh well, just keep it. And don't even try to say it's not the same as we all know it's possible to convert items to IRL cash, which is exactly why it's against ToS because cryptic knows it's happening.

Actually I'm not mad at all. The outcome was what I hoped to see! Something different than same ole Cryptic as someone put it above!

I do however wish I was a minute earlier logging in XD

Chris said today in the stream if a bug is exploited after being reported there won't be bans. I wouldn't expect a ban from this bug but I was expecting a roll back, hoping they wouldn't. Now that they haven't I have much more faith in the direction were headed in the next year.
    If you research enough of Cryptic's history with NW, then you'll come to realize that this is in fact no "something different"; that instead it is very much in line with "same ole Cryptic" (as others have already provided past historic examples of in this thread.
  • zebulondaktoidzebulondaktoid Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    zyronax said:

A rollback, whether it is for 5 minutes or a week would take the same amount of time and let's be honest, having to perform a system-wide rollback 5 minutes after a mod launch would be hugely damaging to Cryptic's reputation.

Unlike what's happening at present....
    Well yeah, but at least this way only the people playing the game will know about it. A rollback would have meant a much longer delay in all likelihood and probably lead to some really bad publicity. Also, if the chance wasn't 100% for all players how could they possibly know that one player wouldn't have got that particular drop anyway? That sounds like a recipe for a lawsuit if ever there was one.