test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Hell Pit Event

Today is the second day in which the soul broker has not given me a quest to enter the arena. I have been doing the event on the same character and around the same time every day. When I logged in yesterday and went to the soul broker, he did not have a quest for me. I tried today and the same thing - no quest for me. Does anyone has an idea why this might be happening? Thank you in advance!

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    Did you purchase the buyout package?
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • mikocolon#1925 mikocolon Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    Yes I did! Why? You mean the pack that had the Hell Pit event currency, correct?
  • arkai#8115 arkai Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    Maybe yu are below 18k?
    No, I am 25k and have been doing the event already.
  • skingdev#1102 skingdev Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 77 Cryptic Developer
    Hey Mikocolon,

I'll have QA look into this one after the holiday weekend. Can you update this thread on Tuesday if the issue presented throughout the weekend?

- SKing
  • mongol69mongol69 Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    Same, second day I havent been able to run hellpit. No quest available...
    Edit: 3 days in a a row now. Just bought hellpit buyout so I can at least get my completetion.
    Post edited by mongol69 on
  • mongol69mongol69 Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    I guess that one way to incentivize getting the hellpit buyout...
  • milehighxr#1299 milehighxr Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    If you buy the buy the buyout, it is the same as having completed the number of runs remaining after you started.

Example, you run for 7 days, get to tier 2 find it too hard and buy the buy out. The buyout buys the remaining 14 days of runs, and you can't run Hellpit anymore, as the buyout is a completion token so to speak. You will have to wait for the next Hellpit event before running it again.

Now I'm just another player, but that is my understanding of how the buyout works after reading about Hellpit in the PC forums about a month ago, as I was prepping my toons for it, and deciding which toon to run it with.

I could be totally wrong about how it works, is supposed to work...
  • missdayummissdayum Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    Pretty sure it is the buy out bundle that is causing this issue...

I haven't bought it, sitting on 16x tokens of brimstone and I get the quest daily without any problems whatsoever.
    Best guild: Guardians of the Fallen (2019-2021)
    My past guilds: Guardians of Midgard/HazardousNation/SomewhatSerious/JesusHadSoulforged/ImperialLegion/LadiesofNeverwinter/OutKast
    My past alliances: LookGoodPlayGood/Eviscerate/JesusHadSoulforged/Ruthless/TheLegendaryOutlaws

GWF - 4,069 Gear Score (classic)
    Barbarian - 48,499 Total Item Level
    RIP Bonding Runestones since "combat/companion changes" update on February 5, 2021

Master of Svardborg (banner) trophy, unlocked January 4, 2020! (Playstation4) / Master of Svardborg (banner) achievement, unlocked August 9, 2017! (XboxOne) / Dragon's Bane (Defeat 1000 Dragons) trophy, unlocked February 5, 2020! (Playstation4) / Dragon's Bane (Defeat 1000 Dragons) achievement, unlocked June 9, 2015! (XboxOne) / Portal Dodger achievement, unlocked July 16, 2017! (XboxOne)
    After 12 day how yu can hv 16 token lol ? Ive 12 complete token 1day on event popup
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    edited January 2020

After 12 day how yu can hv 16 token lol ? Ive 12 complete token 1day on event popup

First 7 completion: 1 token of brimstone for each success
    2nd 7 completion: 2 tokens of brimstone for each success (if you pass the bonus round)
    3rd 7 completion: 3 tokens of brimstone for each success.

7 days x 1 = 7
    5 days x 2 = 10

12 days = 17
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    Ok ive 17 of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> token too i mean other token for complete but as yu say atm is 12
  • cleopatra95#9363 cleopatra95 Member Posts: 4 Arc User

Hey Mikocolon,

I'll have QA look into this one after the holiday weekend. Can you update this thread on Tuesday if the issue presented throughout the weekend?

- SKing

I'm having the same issue i lost a day because it wouldnt allow me to enter the portal. i never bought the buyout either. im lvl 80 with 24k item level.
    missdayum said:

Pretty sure it is the buy out bundle that is causing this issue...

I haven't bought it, sitting on 16x tokens of brimstone and I get the quest daily without any problems whatsoever.

i havent bought it and im having the same issue. im lvl 80 item level 24k ive been doing hell pit non stop till the other day it wouldnt allow me to enter hell pit

Today is the second day in which the soul broker has not given me a quest to enter the arena. I have been doing the event on the same character and around the same time every day. When I logged in yesterday and went to the soul broker, he did not have a quest for me. I tried today and the same thing - no quest for me. Does anyone has an idea why this might be happening? Thank you in advance!

im having the same issue. i keep missing days because it wont allow me to enter. i didnt buy the buyout pack, im lvl 80 and 24k item level
    i havent bought the buyout pack im lvl 80 with 24k item level been doing hell pit until two days ago it wouldnt allow me to enter hell pit. no parties, no queues, and havent done the quest already. it wont allow me to enter
  • domino#8354 domino Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 36 Cryptic Developer
    Hello Mikocolon, could you tell me exactly what you purchased, was it just the full buyout or did you purchase any of the partial buyouts as well?

Hello Mikocolon, could you tell me exactly what you purchased, was it just the full buyout or did you purchase any of the partial buyouts as well?

To be clear, if your days completed + the days you bought out totals 21 days of progress then you have completed the event. I have checked it out and this may be the case for you.
  • missdayummissdayum Member Posts: 230 Arc User

Uhm...with the bonus round HELLOOOO. I've completed the 14 days cycle today and ended up with a total of 20x tokens of brimstones and 1x token of achievement. Job done...for now!
    Best guild: Guardians of the Fallen (2019-2021)
    My past guilds: Guardians of Midgard/HazardousNation/SomewhatSerious/JesusHadSoulforged/ImperialLegion/LadiesofNeverwinter/OutKast
    My past alliances: LookGoodPlayGood/Eviscerate/JesusHadSoulforged/Ruthless/TheLegendaryOutlaws

GWF - 4,069 Gear Score (classic)
    Barbarian - 48,499 Total Item Level
    RIP Bonding Runestones since "combat/companion changes" update on February 5, 2021

Master of Svardborg (banner) trophy, unlocked January 4, 2020! (Playstation4) / Master of Svardborg (banner) achievement, unlocked August 9, 2017! (XboxOne) / Dragon's Bane (Defeat 1000 Dragons) trophy, unlocked February 5, 2020! (Playstation4) / Dragon's Bane (Defeat 1000 Dragons) achievement, unlocked June 9, 2015! (XboxOne) / Portal Dodger achievement, unlocked July 16, 2017! (XboxOne)
    I bought the buyout pack, plus the partial packs. Thank you for the information and taking the time to research. For future buyout packs that would complete the event, could you please state it in the pack itself so we know. I honestly thought the pack was going to just be additional currency, like with other events, that we would be able to buy to get more stuff from the store. I never thought it would end my event or I would not have bought it. I am disappointed as I was looking forward to do the event. Again thank you for taking the time to answer my concerns! Miko

I bought the buyout pack, plus the partial packs. Thank you for the information and taking the time to research. For future buyout packs that would complete the event, could you please state it in the pack itself so we know. I honestly thought the pack was going to just be additional currency, like with other events, that we would be able to buy to get more stuff from the store. I never thought it would end my event or I would not have bought it. I am disappointed as I was looking forward to do the event. Again thank you for taking the time to answer my concerns! Miko

I have passed on your feedback.
  • tontze#3587 tontze Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    How many preservation wards was planned That you get with challenge tokens? It clearly says 10x packs and Description 5pieces.. Should be 50? Only gives 10...
  • mrsbloodred#6192 mrsbloodred Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    That is pretty dirty for cryptic to do that with the buyouts to your long term players I guess it is what it is! Next hell pit event buyout should state that!