test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] Stardock Lockbox Legendary Mount Pack Issue

Comments

• stonerwstonerw Member Posts: 23 Arc User

The bug was reported on preview forums.

Oh, this was on Preview, that's a big oversight on their part.
  • groo111groo111 Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    ok Cryptic do the right thing Roll this Cluster duck back either that or give all mounts as This is a Known bug of yours and yet u still allowed to go live Uncool
  • dragonsbloodsdragonsbloods Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    I am seeing unable to authenticate too, assume the account server is locked down
  • quickfoot#7851 quickfoot Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    Is the server still down for PC?

• mutantgunmutantgun Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    @reg1981 Are you mad? This bug has clearly exploited as so many people have mentioned above. It's like a bank accidentally gives you free cash and says, oh well, just keep it. And don't even try to say it's not the same as we all know it's possible to convert items to IRL cash, which is exactly why it's against ToS because cryptic knows it's happening.
  • agilestoagilesto Member Posts: 516 Arc User

A rollback, whether it is for 5 minutes or a week would take the same amount of time and let's be honest, having to perform a system-wide rollback 5 minutes after a mod launch would be hugely damaging to Cryptic's reputation.

Because not doing anything over a gamebreaking bug that was reported on preview giving access to legendary mount to everyone when a rollback would have impacted a relatively small amount of people since they shutdown the server quickly would not damage their reputation?
    Also the reputation of letting major problems hit the live server eve when reported? They already have it
  • tjkernan#7315 tjkernan Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    I love all the people crying for rollback--hey, I didn't get to take advantage of this, so I want those people who did to pay for it! makes no sense--I knew nothing about the bug, I just logged onto play and saw everybody opening the boxes so I used my daily key to open mine. I should be penalized for that? Makes no sense unless you are a jerk...

I am seeing unable to authenticate too, assume the account server is locked down

Thx for concurring.

• aelracaelrac Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    Why would they not just rollback this gaffe? It's a slap in the face for people that spend good money on keys or leg mounts on the zen market or grind for enough AD to afford one. Should we all have skipped work to be ready to jump on the newest glitch?
  • reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    mutantgun said:

@reg1981 Are you mad? This bug has clearly exploited as so many people have mentioned above. It's like a bank accidentally gives you free cash and says, oh well, just keep it. And don't even try to say it's not the same as we all know it's possible to convert items to IRL cash, which is exactly why it's against ToS because cryptic knows it's happening.

Actually I'm not mad at all. The outcome was what I hoped to see! Something different than same ole Cryptic as someone put it above!

I do however wish I was a minute earlier logging in XD

Chris said today in the stream if a bug is exploited after being reported there won't be bans. I wouldn't expect a ban from this bug but I was expecting a roll back, hoping they wouldn't. Now that they haven't I have much more faith in the direction were headed in the next year.
  • phili1990phili1990 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Rollback or whole server a mount, leaving the result of such a major glitch in the game is pathetic.... especially it's not like the rollback is that problematic after the patch
  • hightrufflehightruffle Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    All i get is "Unable to authenticate: Connection to the account server timed out"..... Still cant login.

Give everyone a 10k power leg mount. Move on to mythics.... Simple
  • raiderone000raiderone000 Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    The question is when did this bug start? This morning or since Stardock lockbox was introduced?
    If it was this morning, then a rollback would be acceptable. If a month ago or more, then a rollback would be horrendous!

Free keys would be nice!
  • bigman99#8273 bigman99 Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    agilesto said:

agilesto said:

No rollback when it's the easiest time to rollback, aka right 5 min after a maintenance? Why wouldn't you rollback and avoid dozens and dozens of legendary mounts obtained via a glitched lockbox to spread and destroy a bit more the economy? Don't you think PC's economy isn't bad enough as it is now? Seems not

This was the previous lockbox that has been out since Mod 17, not the new one. A rollback would have taken a HUGE amount of these mounts away from people. This actually seems consistent with what I have personally observed from the game-wide announcements of these boxes. If they rolled it back and took away the mounts that people had already gotten from these lockboxes then a large amount of people would have simply quit. So overall, good reaction to this.
    What does the kind of lockbox has to do with this? The rollback would have just rolled back the 5 minutes following the M18 launch with the bugged lockbox. Also the new lockbox can always be bought on the bazaar not sure why you think it's the M17 lockbox has something to do with the problem.
    I was under the impression that this referred to ALL stardock lockboxes dating back to when it was released, did not realize that there was an issue on preview recently that was reported and slipped through.
  • jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited January 2020

A rollback, whether it is for 5 minutes or a week would take the same amount of time andlet's be honest, having to perform a systemwide rollback 5 minutes after a mod launch would be hugely damaging to Cryptic's reputation.

Thats a moot point. Both options will be damaging to what is left of it.

Surprise surprise, that's why you wait until SUNRISE (of the next day, to play the game.)
    Oh, NW drama. :)
    reg1981 said:

mutantgun said:

How the f**k do you not fix this before going live? It was posted on the forums weeks ago already. No role back? I'll be waiting for my Leg Box in my mail thank you very much. This is absolute bulls**t. Same old Arc/Perfect World...

Really? No roll back is exactly why it's NOT same ole Cryptic. This is new. I didn't get one, I do NOT wanna see a rollback. I want to see progression moving forward. They're licking their wounds for messing up, leaving the stuff in game, and moving on.
    This is what I see it as, too. At least as an attempt to go at this differently now. However, a rollback wouldn't be the same as banning people for Huntgate.
    Everything they can do about it practically, they are still evaluating it right now. Just leave it to them, they get paid for it, and it will be drama anyway.

- bye bye -
  • exgardianexgardian Member Posts: 255 Arc User

Is the server still down for PC?

Yes
    2fv72Fw.png
    I would love to see them give everyone a legendary stardock mount pack for letting this go live, but I won't be upset if they don't, just a little disappointed I didn't log in fast enough :(