test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] Stardock Lockbox Legendary Mount Pack Issue

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
edited January 2020 in News & Announcements
Greetings Adventurers,

This morning we identified some cases were players were receiving a Legendary Mount Pack from the Stardock Lockbox at a higher frequency than intended. This was not 100% guaranteed for all players. To address this issue we have taken the following steps:
  • Stardock Lockboxes have been disabled from opening. They will be re-enabled at a future date.
  • There will be no rollbacks.
  • Regardless of how many Stardock lockboxes were opened by an individual, players who received a legendary mount pack were not able to obtain more than 1 during that time-frame.
I (ChrisW) just wanted to add some context in regard to what happened from the original post:

We have been exploring improved chase item odds in lockboxes internally. This has been an ongoing experiment, and while it wasn't ready to release yet for a few reasons, the exploratory work had been done during the same time as other Infernal Descent (M18) work. When we decided to hold the changes for a later release, we missed (turning of) the Stardock lock-box (experimental version) and players experienced a partial set of changes to that lock box in the early hours of launch.

We did not intend to release any changes until this had been discussed with the community and more thoroughly with the team. We alluded to some exploration of this variety in online streams, but no final plan has been decided on yet. Before committing to changes of this type, we want to make sure that the changes overall felt good to the player base and equally work for the business.

We apologize for this error and we are actively working to improve our release quality in regards to both our development pipeline and our QA test plans. Issues like this, in time, will hopefully become a thing of the past.

Note: We will be providing more updates on this situation as we investigate further/learn more. Thank you everyone for your patience.
Post edited by cwhitesidedev#9752 on

Comments

• tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User
    typical cryptic xD
  • jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    agilesto said:

No rollback when it's the easiest time to rollback, aka right 5 min after a maintenance? Why wouldn't you rollback and avoid dozens and dozens of legendary mounts obtained via a glitched lockbox to spread and destroy a bit more the economy? Don't you think PC's economy isn't bad enough as it is now? Seems not

And upset everybody that did get a mount? They can only lose in this situation. A few leg mounts can't kill the economy at this point.
    Don't get me wrong, I would prefer a different situation (yeah, not having this situation, OR: Me having opened stardock lockboxes) but I think at this point they can't do any good with either option they have.
    - bye bye -
  • bawkrubawkru Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    this is 100% HAMSTER if this dont get rolled backed or if the mounts dont get removed 100% BS dont do this u know it is very bad thing get it fixed
    this is was on preview and it wasnt fixed and u left it in fix your boo boo like a grown up
  • sobi#1980 sobi Member Posts: 401 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    Some peopled have had more than 2 leg mounts and still have them in their inventory, so your assumptions are inaccurate, just like your bug fixing.
  • zebulondaktoidzebulondaktoid Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    agilesto said:

No rollback when it's the easiest time to rollback, aka right 5 min after a maintenance? Why wouldn't you rollback and avoid dozens and dozens of legendary mounts obtained via a glitched lockbox to spread and destroy a bit more the economy? Don't you think PC's economy isn't bad enough as it is now? Seems not

Looks like they have decided on taking the hit for this one. It would be virtually impossible to discover whether any one lockbox gave the mount due to the bug or if the rng would have given them it anyway.
    sirkicha said:

agilesto said:

And upset everybody that did get a mount? They can only lose in this situation. A few leg mounts can't kill the economy at this point.
    Don't get me wrong, I would prefer a different situation (yeah, not having this situation, OR: Me having opened stardock lockboxes) but I think at this point they can't do any good with either option they have.

https://prnt.sc/qqy614

NICE "FEW"
    Sadly I can't open the data you wanna kill me with :disappointed:
    However, have you noticed the state of NW's economy?
    - bye bye -
  • js3bjs3b Member Posts: 368 Arc User
    Realy ? Bug abuser loving much? Seriously not going to do anything about this? This is HAMSTER. Way to go forward to the futur by killing all hope in fairness in this game
    Founder back a week ago, already pissed by cryptic ''no roll back'' decision

edited January 2020
    sirkicha said:

Sorry, bad link,

https://prnt.sc/qqy6yc

Free legendary mount for all or roll it back.

Thank you! I will save this to come back with it in a few mods when we have forgotten this :]
    - bye bye -
  • agilestoagilesto Member Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited January 2020

agilesto said:

This was the previous lockbox that has been out since Mod 17, not the new one. A rollback would have taken a HUGE amount of these mounts away from people. This actually seems consistent with what I have personally observed from the game-wide announcements of these boxes. If they rolled it back and took away the mounts that people had already gotten from these lockboxes then a large amount of people would have simply quit. So overall, good reaction to this.
    What does the kind of lockbox has to do with this? The rollback would have just rolled back the 5 minutes following the M18 launch with the bugged lockbox. Also the new lockbox can always be bought on the bazaar not sure why you think it's the M17 lockbox has something to do with the problem.
  • quickfoot#7851 quickfoot Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    Is the game still locked referenced by this tweet?

Trying to log in atm I get:
    "Unable to authenticate: Connection to the account server timed out"

Server Status icon is green on the launcher.

• zebulondaktoidzebulondaktoid Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    A rollback, whether it is for 5 minutes or a week would take the same amount of time and let's be honest, having to perform a system-wide rollback 5 minutes after a mod launch would be hugely damaging to Cryptic's reputation.