test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

No Patch notes for mod 18?

mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
It is now 18 Hours 44 min left before mod 18. Pre patch is done, so I know it has been finalized. Yet there is no Patch Notes . I know i can check preview but there is no guarantee there has been no last minute changes Patch notes should confirm that. and Preview patch notes are spread over several weeks worth of changes a full patch notes will be better.
There are more than BIS players in this game
RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

Comments

• mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    Today Monday is a day off in the US, so mod 18 definitely should be ready to launch :)
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    Well, i guess there'll be a summary/Infernal Descent release patch notes at some point, but i'm not sure if it will contain a full list of the changes going along with the new module... not to mention all the "surprises" we'll find while playing through the new content.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    Patch notes are usually released the day of, or the night before.
  • mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    Patch notes up now thank you
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11344113

P.S.

Today Monday is a day off in the US, so mod 18 definitely should be ready to launch :)

With this modern technology you can set posts to release at set time so they could have written it weeks ago and still had it release on, say 24h before launch :). Not complaining just feel this inconsistent interactions with client base are damaging to the game.
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    Julia normally has the patch notes up roughly 12 hours before the patch goes live.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    mynaam said:

With this modern technology you can set posts to release at set time so they could have written it weeks ago and still had it release on, say 24h before launch :). Not complaining just feel this inconsistent interactions with client base are damaging to the game.

Doubt they have all changes set in stone weeks ago. Besides, only a very small percentage of the player base cares about patch notes, let alone regularly visit the forums. Every body else just plays the game.
  • douglasopferbeckdouglasopferbeck Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    After reading the patch notes...Why in hell would they nerf tenebrous?! It must have really needed a cooldown time with so many abusing it. God I hate the devs of this game.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User

After reading the patch notes...Why in hell would they nerf tenebrous?! It must have really needed a cooldown time with so many abusing it. God I hate the devs of this game.

I really don't know why it got nerfed. it seemed like it never hit more than once every 30 seconds anyway. maybe even once a minute. I don't think i'll notice a difference.
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User

Monday was not a day off for everyone in the US.

MLK day is a federal holiday but it is not given as a day off in many industries/sectors.

Many businesses are still open. I would guess the devs were in fact working considering there was a mod release the next day.
    mynaam said:

What does modern tech have to do with patch notes being ready? If they're still working on fixes up to the day before they don't have the full set of patch notes yet. How could they write up weeks ago what hasn't been finalized up to today? This is nothing more than the usual case of gamer impatience. As for consistency.....
    greywynd said:

Julia normally has the patch notes up roughly 12 hours before the patch goes live.

Judging by the 1:40am EST timestamp on your comment it seems the patch notes went up at the normal time indicated by greywynd. Sounds pretty consistent to me.
This discussion has been closed.