test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Frustrated with Neverwinter

twm2000twm2000 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
The game is getting very frustrating to play anymore for several reasons. One is the random queue. There are many issues with the random queues.

You have probably heard this before, maybe many times before but it is very frustrating doing a random queue when your party MUST be made up of 1 healer, 1 tank, and 3 DPS. If I have a full party, I should be able to go into a random queue as is regardless of party make up. We know the dangers of doing this.

People abandoning instances: Tonight, Tiamat was abandoned 2 times from other people in the group. We were left with just my party of 5 which I brought with me.

Went into temp of the spider and our DPS was nerfed because our item levels have been reduced in the dungeon which then nerfs our DPS.

Why can't you just let us go in as we are and have fun. It's only a game and it has gotten so frustrating to play it anymore because the nerfing is so off.

Thank you...

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    I knew that before they introduced RQ. Hence, I have not done RQ more than 3 times since its introduction.
    I do not get frustrated because I just don't do it (because based on "random" players' nature, I knew I would).
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    Actually, the gates are also in place to keep the party together.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    twm2000 said:

If I have a full party, I should be able to go into a random queue as is regardless of party make up. We know the dangers of doing this.

If you have a full party, you can queue private, which ignores party requirements.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    greywynd said:

twm2000 said:

If I have a full party, I should be able to go into a random queue as is regardless of party make up. We know the dangers of doing this.

If you have a full party, you can queue private, which ignores party requirements.
    but then you don't get the ad from random que
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    twm2000 said:

Went into temp of the spider and our DPS was nerfed because our item levels have been reduced in the dungeon which then nerfs our DPS. .

Don't be silly. Those aren't nerfs. That's "scaling" and the devs know we'll love it! /sarcasm

Agreed, and the “gates” that seem like they are every 20 feet in ETOS. Heaven forbid you clear the content too quick.

Heaven forbid you try to run past a mob. Then you have to go backwards to kill one straggler because it won't let you past the artificial gate.
    greywynd said:

Actually, the gates are also in place to keep the party together.

The party that suffers together, grows stronger together!

Can't have everything.
  • jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    greywynd said:

Can't have everything.
    The individual rewards vs RQ rewards is quite a problem in my eyes.
    Not game changing, and many people don't care, I get it.
    But for every RTQREDQ there is a good and fun etos run dying somewhere :D
    I know there are people running older dungs for the fun, and some for some kind of reward, but all in all I have issues with the "what why would you queue elol?? I run RTQREDQME and am done for the day"-mentality.

Alright, alright, I remember edemo multi runs, but still, if I enjoy doing that, I enjoy doing that. Why are people paid so much for queuing til they get MSVA or edemo...

- bye bye -
  • mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    greywynd said:

twm2000 said:

No you can't. It is IMPOSSIBLE to queue for random q's in private
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    mynaam said:

greywynd said:

twm2000 said:

No you can't. It is IMPOSSIBLE to queue for random q's in private
    greywynd said:

Can't have everything.

Seems like @greywynd doesn't care about that :D And we shouldn't care so much about RAD/RQs at all.
    Maybe thats a topic for the next CDP. If the individual dungeons are more rewarding (uniquely rewarding, too?) that won't be as much of an issue anymore. "I still need to run cn for thisthisthat or tong for thisthisthis". Shame we don't have more consistent rewards.

The way it stands, you should be able to fill a party with needed roles, no matter if you need it or not, if you are already forming premades.

Where is running dungs for fun? :D

- bye bye -
    There are constant calls in PE and LFG. It isn't that hard to find a player to fill holes in parties.
  • finmakinfinmakin Member Posts: 442 Arc User
    I want to run ToMM with my Alt who has Sharandar gear and r7 enchants.
    And at the same time being rewarded with a million AD ring
    Ogguk The Beholder… Justicar Paladin Tank/ Healer
  • motu999#9953 motu999 Member Posts: 254 Arc User

Agreed, and the “gates” that seem like they are every 20 feet in ETOS. Heaven forbid you clear the content too quick.

and heaven forbid you get decent rewards at the end of a tedious and long run ...
  • froger#9967 froger Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    The gates in lower dungeons are a good thing, especially Malabog. Too often a newer player cannot keep up with experienced players. In Malabog especially, when mobs were skipped and the new player died, the respawn point was so far back the advancing players could not rejoin the group member who died (because of advancing too far). This left the newer player with a HAMSTER situation. They had been running the dungeon, we could have carried them through, but they had to abandon or get kicked and try again. Having a hard stop to gather the party is good overall in learning content.

Do I miss 3 minute ETOS? Yeah, but the current time to complete the dungeon is because of scaling, not hard stops.

Scaling is BS, nothing else to say.

The problem with not requiring 3/1/1 in random queue is the group will most likely fail.
    Froger - Barbarian - Original Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Jade - Cleric - Healer Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Magnus - Fighter - 3rd main to be a tank - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Loverboy - Ranger - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Nomnomnommm - Wizard - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    I Am The Wall - Paladin - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    Xeros - Rogue - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    RIP bad name - Warlock - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Bardholomew - Bard - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Sirona - Cleric - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone

Jade - DC - Shadows of Gauntlgrym - PC
  • motu999#9953 motu999 Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    finmakin said:

I want to run ToMM with my Alt who has Sharandar gear and r7 enchants.
    And at the same time being rewarded with a million AD ring

This comment has nothing to do with the ongoing discussion in this thread. But you might want to open a new thread to make the devs aware of your specific needs :-)
  • dionchidionchi Member Posts: 915 Arc User
    edited January 2020

If those way gates could have been put anywhere, I'm of the opinion they should have been placed in the Cloak Tower where the lowest level (and less experienced) players sort of depend on the members of the party staying together for their safety and edification during the run...

I know it's frustrating when one member or members of the party takes off and sprints way ahead of everyone else, particularly new (new-ish) players especially when that sprinting player(s) outrun mobs and the following players are left to deal with them on their own. Thankfully that doesn't seem to happen as much as it did a few mods ago but then many of the speed runners decided they weren't going to slow down (even though they could) and appeared to be unconcerned about how their actions effected the rest of the party (even though they should have been) so the devs took that option away from them...

All for the best as far as I'm concerned, especially in many of the lower level dungeons.
    DD~
  • unuldurunuldur Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    Each "upgrade" made game worse and worse. It is not fun now, it is torture...
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    unuldur said:

Each "upgrade" made game worse and worse. It is not fun now, it is torture...

I have learnt how this "works" for a long time.

1. Do not play new content right the way when it has just launched. Stay clear for few days.
    2. Do not login right the way when it has just patched. Stay clear for a few hours. (I know I will never get the goodie such as legendary mount. :) )
    3. Come to forum to check what it messed up before putting hands into it.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***