test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Kicks still not removed... say goodbye to another 20 hardcore pvpers

xavior44xavior44 Member Posts: 153 Arc User
edited January 2020 in PvP Discussion
Theres a group of us today that have all suffered losses either due to getting kicked or joining a in progress game thats already over but the team decided to kick somebody anyways.

REMOVE KICKING FROM PVP ITS NOT HARD

I myself and can speak for a few others WILL NOT touch pvp until kicking is removed and when somebody asks me how is pvp in this game.. im going to tell them its HAMSTER and not to waste their time.

@cwhitesidedev#9752 @nitocris83

Comments

• unthoughtknownunthoughtknown Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    20 hardcore players? Name them. PvP better off without toxic players who troll, corpse jump and trash talk.
  • trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    Who are these "20 hardcore PVPers", calling BS on this claim.

Kicking is frequently abused but its clear as day what your motive is here. You just want to be able to get away with being a complete HAMSTER to everyone without suffering any consequences for it.

I myself am torn on whether or not kicking being removed would actually change much. It definitely would need to be paired with other changes to PVP, and some way to safeguard against and discourage the other abuses that will get more common if kicking gets taken out.

I am often adversely affected by kick abuse, everyone is.
    On the other hand, I am also often adversely affected by AFK or disconnected people, early quitters, people that make no effort to contribute to a match, people who throw games, bug abusers, trolls ect.
    I benefit some of the time and I lose some of the time from the kick system.

PVP right now in general is maddeningly random and frustrating and doesn't reward people for their efforts as much as it should right now.
    Post edited by trgluestickz on
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC
  • kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    it is easy / less likely to not join a match in progress using a simple search to see if/which a pvp instance map are still open/ in progress lol not to mention asking in pvp channel
    edited January 2020
    however after a team is leading by 300 points and the other team is at 0-50 points and cumulative of 10 deaths + (clearly a loss )there should be no kicking or reinforcements allowed ..there need to be a threshold established
  • trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    kalina311 said:

it is easy / less likely to not join a match in progress using a simple search to see if/which a pvp instance map are still open/ in progress lol not to mention asking in pvp channel

If you mean the 0/1 que popups, these are often joined accidentally. If you see 0/1, it means its an in progress match where someone either left or got kicked. Many people don't know better or they go to accept but forget to check if its 0/1 first. Or in my case, I sometimes press accept too fast to see what I just accepted.

These 0/1s I think shouldn't penalize or reward people who join them at all, as in make them not count towards the joining person's score at all. If there is a way to make this happen that is. In meantime, only thing I can suggest is try harder not to accept those 0/1s.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC
  • ashbury#6333 ashbury Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    There needs to be kicking allowed so some of the idiots dont get to just verbally abuse people in there. When someone is just talking <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> I'll kick them. We dont need that in there. A major flaw in the kick system is not being able to view stats before accepting or decling the kick. If a kick is initiated, the stats of the player to be kicked should be able to be viewed without having to decline the kick to be able to inspect the player. You should be able to see not only their gear but time at camp, time engaged in battle, healing output, damage taken, k/d ratio, assists and whatever else. Kicking sucks when its abused but sometimes its necessary when you have AFK, toxic players, and people who throw matches for whatever reason. But declining a kick because you cant view these stats also just wasted that persons kick.
  • tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User
    goodbye malebot o/
    > @thefiresidecat said:
    > the easy solution is to just remove pvp from the game. no more aggro no more kicks.. no more toxic. it's win win win win

I'll disagree. PvP is way more fun then fighting a computer. I dont want to run the same dungeon over and over and over. It's the same boring game. PvP every match is different. Properly built toons played by people who know the classes and how to play will bring out a match that is way more exciting than PvE content.
  • nightwish021nightwish021 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 20 Arc User

the easy solution is to just remove pvp from the game. no more aggro no more kicks.. no more toxic. it's win win win win

That`s a good idea, but in that case, they might as well remove the game for good, no more bugs, no more rants or upset people.

Now on a serious note, I am pretty certain that we as players mostly kick because of the leaderboard, we want to be in top 10% because of the rewards.

A better idea would be that if the rewards were based on the amount of matches you play, not on the leaderboard position, in this way a lost game won`t bother us that much.

At the moment, if you already are in the top 10% and care about the rewards, then you will most likely stop playing PVP on that char till the end of season so you don`t lose your place, but if the rewards were based on a number of matches, there won`t be anything holding you back from play more PVP.
  • autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,133 Arc User
    I would be curious is to know what the income ratio for Cryptic is for players that PVP vs those that don't. Last year they cut the Foundry and we all know they are having to to do more with less now. I wonder how cost effective it is to keep PVP. I'm not saying this because I think PVP should go because it's bad but if it's a drain and also obvious when you read PVP threads, it's in a bad state, is it really worth it for it to stay?

One thing I will say, I buy the 20key bundles now and again and the PVP set that comes with the Star Rover bundle always sells really fast on the AH so someone is out there playing.

Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts
    I really dont think there are very many strictly PvP players only on XBox. Most of the cash cows have probably quit by now. Most people who PvP also PvE. I say this because player base is so small now and I do occasionally see a few of the veteran PvP players that are still around posting in zone chat building groups for PvE content. Someone that is new to the game probably isnt buying out campaign completions and purchasing the best gear to go into dom.
    edited January 2020

the easy solution is to just remove pvp from the game. no more aggro no more kicks.. no more toxic. it's win win win win

fascinating cause you seem to love forum pvp .. i think regular Pvp would actually be good for you : D

I am looking forward to diverting "precious" games resources to pvp in the new pvp thread Chris will be launching
    cya there :P
  • kiraskytowerkiraskytower Member Posts: 455 Arc User

I really dont think there are very many strictly PvP players only on XBox. Most of the cash cows have probably quit by now. Most people who PvP also PvE. I say this because player base is so small now and I do occasionally see a few of the veteran PvP players that are still around posting in zone chat building groups for PvE content. Someone that is new to the game probably isnt buying out campaign completions and purchasing the best gear to go into dom.

The pool of PvPers is very, very small these days. Right now on PC there are 7 pages (of 20 people each) on the leaderboard for a total of 140 PvP characters. Total game population is on the order of 100-200+ times that (15-30K plus active players, depending on whose estimate you take). So on PC PvPers are less than 1% of the population ... and of course, almost all of them are also PvE players (you pretty much have to be to get decently geared up). Prior to Mod 17 PvP had basically died on PC ... none of the queues popped. Now, with the changes to PvP, only the solo queue pops and even then only during the "PvP Season". So if it is a question of PvP feeding Cryptic's bottom line ... it probably isn't even a blip on their radar. However ... unlike the foundry ... PvP also requires little maintenance on Cryptic's part, so while it does not earn them money, it likely doesn't cost them much to keep PvP around for the few who enjoy it either.
    PandorasMisfits_Logo_175_zpskpytcqxc.png
    Winter Lily (CW) / Winter Rose (DC) / Winter Ivy (HR)
    Pandora's Misfits Guild Leader
  • xavior44xavior44 Member Posts: 153 Arc User
    tom#6998 said:

goodbye malebot o/

I didn't know you could say goodbye when your already gone B)
    > @kiraskytower said:
    > (Quote)
    > The pool of PvPers is very, very small these days. Right now on PC there are 7 pages (of 20 people each) on the leaderboard for a total of 140 PvP characters. Total game population is on the order of 100-200+ times that (15-30K plus active players, depending on whose estimate you take). So on PC PvPers are less than 1% of the population ... and of course, almost all of them are also PvE players (you pretty much have to be to get decently geared up). Prior to Mod 17 PvP had basically died on PC ... none of the queues popped. Now, with the changes to PvP, only the solo queue pops and even then only during the "PvP Season". So if it is a question of PvP feeding Cryptic's bottom line ... it probably isn't even a blip on their radar. However ... unlike the foundry ... PvP also requires little maintenance on Cryptic's part, so while it does not earn them money, it likely doesn't cost them much to keep PvP around for the few who enjoy it either.

You are exactly right. This also what its starting to look like on xbox as well. When the season ends the Q is dead. But like you said it cant cost much if anything to have it in the game.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User

> @thefiresidecat said:

> the easy solution is to just remove pvp from the game. no more aggro no more kicks.. no more toxic. it's win win win win

I'll disagree. PvP is way more fun then fighting a computer. I dont want to run the same dungeon over and over and over. It's the same boring game. PvP every match is different. Properly built toons played by people who know the classes and how to play will bring out a match that is way more exciting than PvE content.

I play pvp in other games. the other game I played for as long a time as this was uncharted pvp. this game is just never going to be balanced correctly. the different classes have way too much variation. and you get people gaming the q to go in against true randoms. I'd much rather load up destiny or COD for mp. the only time I had fun in this game with pvp was the levelling que when it was all very pared down. and even then it was pretty boring. the maps are meh. this is just a wrong game type for it imo. although a battle royale where you go in with no powers of any kind and find stuff on the ground. random powers from any toon type. basically going in as a no class and finding class powers on the ground or whatever could be fun. but having things levelled up and various classes in pvp just doesn't work. not to mention, while the shooter pvp community can be pretty toxic somehow my experience with neverwinter's pvp is even more so. i find it weird.

I really do think it has no place in this particular game.
This discussion has been closed.