test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

M18 - Dungeon

This is a feedback thread for the Infernal Citadel, the new epic dungeon with the M18 module.

----

Formatting Your Feedback and Bugs

For posting feedback and bugs, please follow the following format to ensure your feedback and bugs are seen clearly and processed in a timely manner, thank you!

Type: Bug/Feedback (Please only choose one)
If you are listing a bug please have this text in RED, if you are posting an opinion or feedback please use CYAN. If you are replying to another user's post, asking a question, or just engaging in general discussion, please do not color your posts, general discussion is welcome and we will read all of it, regardless of color! You can use BBCode to color your text:

<font color=cyan>This text will display in cyan.</font> <font color=red>This text will display in red.</font>

Examples:
Bug: While attempting to complete the 'Burnin' Down the House' quest, the fire never starts and the quest is impossible to complete

Feedback: The heroic encounters should happen more often and drop better loot.

Comments

• rysiek86rysiek86 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    While second boss encounter on every 25% phase transition when we killed the 2 imps pullin player to them we hided behind the pillars when the boss was charging himself with massive explosion the pillars didnt protect us on 25%, did protect us on 50% and again didnt protect us on 75%
    The animation of flames clearly shows that hiding behind pillar is a "safe spot" while the explosion, but the pillars seem to give protection randomly.
    If its the case, the issue is its random
    :dizzy:
  • kors#9447 kors Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    GENERAL ISSUE: AoE, DoT, mobs and bosses damage in general it's really high. Too much. Even with the new caps if someone miss a dodge get one-shotted.
    SPECIFIC ISSUE 1: For what I saw until now there is a HUGE problem holding aggro, especially during the second boss fight. But it's a general problem that need to be solved everywhere. The aggro mechanic for tanks need an improvement.
    SPECIFIC ISSUE 2: AoE are larger than what they appear. Staying a bit out of the AoE is never enough to avoid the damage and/or the CC effect. To avoid it, it's required a bigger distance, around double of the radius of the AoE. Please check it.

• tassedethe13tassedethe13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    Last boss fight
    Some tiles are shown as "burning" which means that they should kill players but when standing on it, you get no damages. It's random.

Plus sometimes after wipe, when you enter the boss room tiles are not reset and are still burning.

• rysiek86rysiek86 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited December 2019

Last boss fight
    Some tiles are shown as "burning" which means that they should kill players but when standing on it, you get no damages. It's random.

Plus sometimes after wipe, when you enter the boss room tiles are not reset and are still burning.

Burning burning, or just cracked and burning only a bit ?? Every tile can absorb 1 hit from "long charging circle" that we leave on ground and deals no damage. The second hit on the same tile turns it fully burning and than it becomes a hard hiter... But I assume you know that :p
    Sometimes the burning tiles give damage with a strange delay and this is realy odd

• mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited December 2019

2nd boss is meelee unfriendly. there is too much fire and there is no space for meelee to go near boss so they cant deal any damage at all.
    Post edited by mamalion1234 on
  • fisenfisfisenfis Member Posts: 133 Arc User

Not sure this discussion should go in here or in other general/class specific threads, but I feel like I need to mention the elephant in the room. Since mod 16, but most prominently 17, the paladin healer has been more or less the best healer in terms of biS groups. The other healers are viable and good but the paladin provides something the other two classes cannot: temp hp. This makes it superior, especially in content where players take huge amounts of damage like Tower of the Mad Mage and the new Citadel dungeon.

My suggestion, at least in terms of the cleric, would be to scrap the encounter Healing Word and rework it. Its a terrible encounter anyway, takes way too much divinity for the lukewarm heals it provides. Replace it with a temp hp shield, does not have to be large although my suggestion would have it be a single target ability to stick on the tank in the party giving them a nice chunk of hp to buy them some time in between the big burst heals. No divinity cost but with quite large cooldown, make it somewhat similar to the paladins shield encounters listed below.

Thats my suggestion after running through Citadel successfully as a healer paladin a few times now. I miss my cleric but as it stands now I would not take it through the dungeon.

@rysiek86 "burning burning" sometimes you can stand on it without dying.
  • wisper2048wisper2048 Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    fisenfis said:

Not sure this discussion should go in here or in other general/class specific threads, but I feel like I need to mention the elephant in the room. Since mod 16, but most prominently 17, the paladin healer has been more or less the best healer in terms of biS groups. The other healers are viable and good but the paladin provides something the other two classes cannot: temp hp. This makes it superior, especially in content where players take huge amounts of damage like Tower of the Mad Mage and the new Citadel dungeon.

My suggestion, at least in terms of the cleric, would be to scrap the encounter Healing Word and rework it. Its a terrible encounter anyway, takes way too much divinity for the lukewarm heals it provides. Replace it with a temp hp shield, does not have to be large although my suggestion would have it be a single target ability to stick on the tank in the party giving them a nice chunk of hp to buy them some time in between the big burst heals. No divinity cost but with quite large cooldown, make it somewhat similar to the paladins shield encounters listed below.

Thats my suggestion after running through Citadel successfully as a healer paladin a few times now. I miss my cleric but as it stands now I would not take it through the dungeon.

I do not play newer content (lomm/tomm) because my chars are not ready for it. For lv70 dungeons and trials healing word is very good. It allows to keep party alive while doing other things like restoring divinity. If it is always on, I just need to heal sudden drops in health on selected characters. I would like magnitude increased or divinity cost decreased, but that all.

When creating mod16 and removing lifesteal developer promised that there will be no one-shot unavoidable mechanics for bosses. ToMM is close to be of violation of that promise.

I do not play newer content (lomm/tomm) because my chars are not ready for it. For lv70 dungeons and trials healing word is very good. It allows to keep party alive while doing other things like restoring divinity. If it is always on, I just need to heal sudden drops in health on selected characters. I would like magnitude increased or divinity cost decreased, but that all.

When creating mod16 and removing lifesteal developer promised that there will be no one-shot unavoidable mechanics for bosses. ToMM is close to be of violation of that promise.

No oneshotting mechanics? xD Lair of the Mad Mage - cocoon phase, boreworm charges, blast of Trobriand. Tower of the Mad Mage - basically everything. Citadel - basically all bosses. Either change the oneshotting mechanics or make healers equal in their performance. As for Healing Word, I hate it, but it was just a suggestion more to theoretically show how you could throw the clerics a bone. I believe that they made the content do hard hits so we would not exclude tanks but when the tanks even get oneshotted you must ask yourself if they are just oneshotting to slow us down/make the content more difficult.
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    fisenfis said:

you could throw the clerics a bone

Oneshots aside, I don't think I've head a single cleric complain about their heals since M16...Only have the highest magnitude heals, fairly easy access to HoTs from healing word, and the savior encounter intercession...

Clerics are just fine at doing the role they were designed for. Pallies are doing the role they were designed for.
  • wisper2048wisper2048 Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    fisenfis said:

No oneshotting mechanics? xD Lair of the Mad Mage - cocoon phase, boreworm charges, blast of Trobriand. Tower of the Mad Mage - basically everything. Citadel - basically all bosses. Either change the oneshotting mechanics or make healers equal in their performance. As for Healing Word, I hate it, but it was just a suggestion more to theoretically show how you could throw the clerics a bone. I believe that they made the content do hard hits so we would not exclude tanks but when the tanks even get oneshotted you must ask yourself if they are just oneshotting to slow us down/make the content more difficult.
    I do not know about others, since I've not seen them, but "cocoon phase" is "avoidable" one-shot mechanics. Heal "just" need to fully heal cocoon-ed player. Pallies have more problems on that phase than clerics imho. ToNG souls also is avoidable one-shot mechanics, but few pugs are able to handle it. From what I've heard, ToMM has something not avoidable, and it basically has HP check to sell new artifact sets.

< From what I've heard, ToMM has something not avoidable, and it basically has HP check to sell new artifact sets.

80% of the dps at least run with orcus at the moment. Only HR use Arcturia because of half AP dailys.

80% of the dps at least run with orcus at the moment. Only HR use Arcturia because of half AP dailys.

We all wish we could be Rangers and spam our dailies but sadly only that class truly benefits from the Music Box set.
  • kors#9447 kors Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    fisenfis said:

We all wish we could be Rangers and spam our dailies but sadly only that class truly benefits from the Music Box set.
    No, also the Arcanist Wizards, but this is going off-topic.

To conintue what someone above said about second boss:
    Maybe the AoE generated from arrows on players can be made smaller in order to make the second boss less melee unfriendly.

• dracory1#6808 dracory1 Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    Smaller fire pools created by Zaphael under DPS players ignore dodge. This makes it very deadly if someone dodges between those, especially with how quickly the power deals ~43k damage - around 4 times per second.

It also ignores damage immunity. Resurrecting a player who fell in those without using tears of bahamut or scrolling is basically instantly killing them.
  • gonzakotwigonzakotwi Member Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited January 2020

Some stuff that hasnt been reported:
    At first boss you can turn the mob around i think it was with arcane whirlwind, that ended up in the boss not charging to where he was looking
    Pillars in second boss are still randomized to wether they will protect you or not.
    On last boss there are putted random individual areas, apart from the red areas mechanic where he lifts his arms (i dont know if wai or not), but also sometimes you dont see that you have the area until it stays on the ground, not giving you a chance to place it where you wanted
    Last boss also, the spinning fire part can not be dashed nor it considers warlock shift immunity. This should be consistent with the rest of the game.
    There should be an indicator of the rocks falling on the last boss, it basically resumes on if you are lucky or not to get hit by a rock there is nothing u can do

• tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User
    i just ran the dungeon for the first time, like the astetics, and its better then Lomm, looking forward to it \o/