test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Infernal Descent Patch Notes: NW.120.20200106a.9

Note: We may have included patch notes for issues that were never present on Preview.
Note: This is not an all-inclusive list of fixes, but a snapshot of the many fixes we are doing.

Release Notes

Known Issues
Companion
  • Tamed Velociraptor: The player bonus “Part of the Pack” does not count you as Part of the Pack.
Content and Environment
General
  • The Flying Fortress in the background on the Character Select screen will no longer appear as blue/grey on low graphical settings.
  • Hellfire Engine vanity pet’s size has been reduced.
Achievements
  • Hardened Glyphwright: Lowered the amount of times the Glyphworks must be restored from 30 to 20.
  • Catapult Master: Achievement is no longer awarded to all players in the zone when one player meets the requirements.
  • Abyssal Chicken Slayer achievements now have the same required kills at each step as other slayer achievements.
  • Scrying Vallenhas Achievement should now be awarded correctly upon completing the requirements
  • Reduced Scrying Vallenhas Achievement point value from 10 points to 5 points.
  • Fixed an issue where Abyssal Chickens were not counting towards achievement progress.
Adventure Zones
  • Tower District: Driving Back the Orcs: This quest is no longer given out.
  • Vallenhas Estate
    • Adjusted the density of enemy encounters throughout the zone.
    • Enemy damage reduced throughout the zone.
    • Respawn points no longer have enemies in close proximity.
    • Aggro radius for patrolling enemies has been reduced.
    • Move Rayns and their lore item inside of the keep.
    • The stairs leading up to one of the Scrying Orbs now has proper collision. Orb hunters rejoice!
    • Adding a missing stepping stone to the path leading up to one of the Scrying Stones.
    • The fences in front of Vallenhas Estate now have collision.
    • Fixed some areas in the zone where players could get stuck.
Dungeons
  • Tomb of the Nine Gods
    • Ras Nsi’s Rive power should no longer be casted towards a player when it’s activating.
Events
  • Challenge of the Gods
    • Fixed VO for Speaker of Ao referring to the wrong level range of enemies required for event participation.
    • Gift of the Gods and Blessed Gift of the Gods now correctly state that it can grant gemstones appropriate for your level.
    • The Speak of Ao now properly states that monsters that are within 10 levels of you are eligible for challenges to drop.
    • Challenge of Corellon is no longer given out.
    • Challenge of Amaunator (Donate Coffers) is no longer given out.
    • Challenge of Sune should now always increment when players use an encounter power.
  • Siege of Neverwinter
    • Removed VO from Defense Supply Master that did not match the text.
  • Hell Pit
    • “Flames of Swift Rejuvenation” power up added.
Instances
  • Glyphworks
    • Added collision to the exit ladder.
    • Reduced the rank of enemies.
    • Boss now correctly resets when the player releases.
    • Boss will despawn if it moves too far from its spawn location.
    • Removed fire aura AE damage from boss.
    • Removed additional enemies from all bosses.
  • Glyphworks – Caves
    • Removed one encounter group.
  • Glyphworks – Sewers
    • Enemy ranks for patrolling group have been reduced.
Quests
  • A House In Need: Item Level recommendation has been added to the quest.
  • Repeatable instances in Vallenhas Estate will no longer go on cooldown when abandoned.
  • Where’s Whardo: Whardo no longer appears in multiple locations.
  • Restore the Broken Wood Glyphworks (Repeatable): Waypoint added for Collect Keys step of quest.
Combat and Powers
Companions
  • Tamed Velociraptor: The player bonus “Part of the Pack” no longer grants maximum power when you are alone.
Player Powers
Wizard
  • Directed Flames can apply back to back with Smolder and Rimefire before both go on a 12 second cooldown. This isn't intended behavior but is also not an exploit to use in the meantime.
Enemies and Encounters
Enemies
  • Draining Kiss power from Succubi/Icubi enemies has been changed from lowering maximum hp to reducing power by 10%.
  • Added a longer delay before Draining Kiss power is activated by Succubi/Incubi enemies.
Cradle of the Death God
  • The difficulty of Cradle of the Death God has been adjusted.
Castle Ravenloft
  • The difficulty of Castle Ravenloft has been adjusted.
Items and Economy
General
  • Siegebreaker’s Banner: This artifact should now grant the proper ratings when placed.
  • Players should now be able to claim the following mounts year round if the player has already claimed it on one character:
    • Twilight Yeti
    • Royal Winter Sled
    • Frozen Winter Sled
    • New Year’s Boar
    • Trained Basilisk.
Items
  • Darkened Storyteller’s Journal: Lowered projectile lifetime to 5 seconds, doubled projectile speed, and prevented projectile pulses from affecting the same target more than once every 2 seconds.
Zen Market
  • Legendary Insignia Choice Packs now correctly state that Brutality Insignias grant Power and Armor Penetration.
  • Butterfly Mounts should now be claimable if the player purchased a Fallen Apprentice pack after buying the Butterfly Mount Pack.
User Interface
General
  • Home Page: The "New Playable Race: Gith" entry has been retired.
  • Home Page: Lunar Festival entry has been added.
Boons
  • Fixed an issue where players would be alerted spend pvp boon points when none were available.
Scoreboard
  • Scoreboard icons have been updated.
  • An icon has been added for the Damage Absorption category.

Comments

• hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    Are some of these not on the current Preview build yet? I ask because...I'm still getting destroyed in the Glyphworks instances and they don't seem to have changed since last week.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • bigdragon#4214 bigdragon Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    Classes balances??
  • arkai#8115 arkai Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    Alpha compy lol
  • nooneatzanooneatza Member Posts: 173 Arc User

Note:
    Known Issues
    Companion
    Tamed Velociraptor: The player bonus “Part of the Pack” does not count you as Part of the Pack.

It stacks up to two just fine i guess?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jc94oflTfXc&feature=youtu.be
  • bifflincultebifflinculte Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited January 2020

Player Powers
    Wizard

• Directed Flames can apply back to back with Smolder and Rimefire before both go on a 12 second cooldown. This isn't intended behavior but is also not an exploit to use in the meantime.
    Directed Flames can apply back to back with Smolder and Rimefire before both go on a 12 second cooldown. This isn't intended behavior but is also not an exploit to use in the meantime.

Directed Flames has been reworked due to unintended behaviour of Smolder. Before mod release, it's already bugged (you can deal Smolder and Rimefire Smolder When you cast first fire spell, then cold spell at begining of a fight).

We are most amused.

• douglasopferbeckdouglasopferbeck Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    > @cts2000#2706 said:
    > (Quote)
    > Ok if this companion is nerfed (fixed, whatever) and the Alpha Compy is still broken.....I'm done with this game.

How is alpha compy broke? It’s giving me a consistent 5% power...
  • cts2000#2706 cts2000 Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited January 2020

> @cts2000#2706 said:

> (Quote)

> Ok if this companion is nerfed (fixed, whatever) and the Alpha Compy is still broken.....I'm done with this game.

How is alpha compy broke? It’s giving me a consistent 5% power...

On console the Compy's 5% bonus falls off every time you change instance, load screen, etc. You must unequip it's bonus and then re-equip the bonus to get it back. Supposedly they have a fix for it but will not release the fix until sometime in a future patch. Sorry, words no longer mean nothing to me from this company. Talk is cheap, action is where it's happenin' so I'll believe it when I see it...

btw, since the changes to the Tamed Velociraptor were announced n these patch notes, I noticed a lot of players are still unaware of it...don't worry tho, I posted the news on all the relevant fb groups, discords, etc. since the majority of dps players use it and defintely should be made aware.
  • liadan1984#8734 liadan1984 Member Posts: 315 Arc User

Player Powers
    Wizard

Can you please clarify the wording of this. "This isn't intended behavior but is also not an exploit to use in the meantime."

Do you mean "This isn't intended behaviour, however we do not consider this to be an exploit". OR
    Do you mean "This isn't intended behaviour, and is an exploit that is not to be used".

Lia
    Co-Guild Leader
    Ghost Templars L20
    Alliance: Tyrs Paladium
    Main: Cleric (Heals|DPS)
    Alt: Warlock
  • sobi#1980 sobi Member Posts: 401 Arc User

Player Powers
    Wizard

Can you please clarify the wording of this. "This isn't intended behavior but is also not an exploit to use in the meantime."

Do you mean "This isn't intended behaviour, however we do not consider this to be an exploit". OR
    Do you mean "This isn't intended behaviour, and is an exploit that is not to be used".

I don't think he could have worded that better. It is not an intended behavior i.e. they are looking for a fix and it isn't an exlpoit in the meanwhile = you can use it in the meantime without being reprimanded.
  • kenpachiofakkenpachiofak Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    > @sobi#1980 said:
    > (Quote)
    > I don't think he could have worded that better. It is not an intended behavior i.e. they are looking for a fix and it isn't an exlpoit in the meanwhile = you can use it in the meantime without being reprimanded.

He definitely could have worded that better... it will not be considered an exploit if use in the mean time would have been ideal. Especially considering the way they handle bans. They need someone to proof read these
  • maruda#1373 maruda Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    Wizard (mof) is currently an unplayable class. And after the swap it's even worse, probably the lowest base damage and almost the longest casting time's. Nobody plays engame anymore.
    Smolder and rimfire don't work at all. The effect is not applied to the targets.
  • kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User

Now yu can understand why sw and gwf are angry :)

va8Ru.gif
  • commanderdata002commanderdata002 Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    edited January 2020

Now yu can understand why sw and gwf are angry :)

They do that since 2014! Nobody even ask why...
    stock and stone I can master, but there's a Wizard to manage here!
This discussion has been closed.