test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

CDP Topic: Game Content Accessibility

191011121315»

Comments

• dagambitdagambit Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    @cwhitesidedev#9752
    I like what you are trying to do with the game, this seems like it is a step in right for the game. I look forward to sticking around and seeing what happens.

1 how is Cryptic going to handle or what are you going to do about Microsoft and Sony requiring paid loot box drop rates being given to players? Wizards of the Coast signed the agreement and the are the Publisher of D&D, will Cryptic come onboard with this? The link below talks about it.

https://theverge.com/2019/8/7/20758626/nintendo-microsoft-sony-loot-box-drop-rate-disclosure-video-games
    Rogue - Setsuna F Seiei (PC)
    Rogue - Setsuna F Seiei (XB1)
    Rogue - Serenity (PS4)
  • duckie#5377 duckie Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    The quality content release promise I feel should be implemented immediately and should be all inclusive not just new mods, it should also extend to events and especially items being peddled on the Zen store. Even now while we are having this discussion the alpha compy was released for purchase in the Zen store. I bought 2 one for the rogue I've been forced to play due to class imbalance, and 1 for my warlock that is parked until you guys balance my preferred class properly towards the DPS role I preferred and intended to play. So we spend money on the game and once again the item is bugged in some way - Compy loses it's stats when zoning between maps or screens. Seriously if you guys want people to spend money then at least make sure the item is doing what it is supposed to, tool-tips are accurate and clear, and stop upsetting people when they spend money on the game only for the item to become nerfed or obsolete. We are working together to make the game better but if the guys can't even get a small pack introduced into the game correctly, or are knowingly peddling a bugged item then there is not trust and little point.
  • kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    Another topic that i feel was missing in this thread for accessibility of content

When are summoned companions damage /healing /tanking and thier A.I going to be fixed/relevant again
    the entire companion system that players invested in is also broken forcing an augment only meta

and this one topic really has dead silence from any devs commentary in any thread in this forum

something/ variables got adjusted for players scaling but regular summoned companion scaling seems waayy off / broken like a mosquito attacking a giant . (xuna being one of the few exceptions)

also 3/4 of companion bonuses need to be adjusted upwards and companions giving a measly couple thousand stats points/ abilities compared to others and some % based companion powers is way off balance too

which leads to item level/ gear score also being way off /artificially low .where amazing high performing companion / mount insignia bonuses and individual insignias themselves are treated the same (item level wise )as lower performing ones.. ( for example an epic insignia that is giving +~4480 hitpoints + 500 defense is not really worth +80 item level assigned

when you compare that to gear score gain of a rank 15 radiant enchantment in defensive slot for example (its 9600 hitpoints and worth +120 item level ..and a player can have 15 of mount insignia +4480 hitpoints +500 defense worth +80 item level) on at once ..really artificially throwing gear scores off the item level calculation for hitpoint vis a vis gear score on a radiant is not the same when calculated for a X insignia of fortitude for example (+80 item level for + 4480 hit point + 500 defense /item level) is not the same as +120 item level and a rank 15 radiant for 9600 hitpoints.. something is off ..

or to put it another way the stats from a purple to a gold epic insignia are double .. yet the item level gain is not double 50 item level vs 80

or gold gain /or exp gain quartermasters enchantments /tymorsa luck .. etc on insignia/ utility slots will not help clear content and does not reflect player power but is calculated none the less in their item level those are not the measure of players ability to complete content

which leads to min item level to get into content/difficulty also being skewed because gear scores / item level are being calculated incorrectly and players are not understating why how someone of the same item level as and class is performing so much better them (cause they are not using junk fodder padding level useless / less effective items / bonuses /etc

the amount bondings runestones are applying and ramping up a players stats is also kinda obfuscated by item level as well .
    and only calculating the values of the bonding runes them selves and not how much true stats they are ramping up / bring to the table ..

this also applies to companion influences bonuses boosting stats and also not adding to players "true " item level
    and power either .
    Post edited by kalina311 on
    kalina311 said:

Another topic that i feel was missing in this thread

something/ variables got adjusted for players scaling but regular summoned companion scaling seems waayy off / broken like a mosquito attacking a giant . (xuna being one of the few exceptions)

Xuna is the other extreme and most certainly shouldn't be considered the meta, setting up a companion to bott damage at the expense of character built dps would be the Death Knell for this game.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User

kalina311 said:

Another topic that i feel was missing in this thread

Xuna is the other extreme and most certainly shouldn't be considered the meta, setting up a companion to bott damage at the expense of character built dps would be the Death Knell for this game.
    if xuna were that good everyone would use her. and I almost never see her summoned. the few times I've seen her summoned she was asked to be put away because cubes in codg. lol. meta is rows and rows of shiney bullet pups.
    Most people don't have it setup to it's full potential either because they don't know how to or aren't willing to invest in something that people feel will be nerfed at some point because it's bugged. Also if it is not that good why are people prepared to pay millions for it, more so than a bullette pup? I'm an experienced player for a few years now, have run FBI on my maxed out Rogue and was beaten by 2 million in FBI by a pally tank running Xuna to its optimal potential. Granted he gained a bit of DPS because he has no control over the companion which pulled the room of giants before the Drufi fight. But that is it's potential.
    edited January 2020

Most people don't have it setup to it's full potential either because they don't know how to or aren't willing to invest in something that people feel will be nerfed at some point because it's bugged. Also if it is not that good why are people prepared to pay millions for it, more so than a bullette pup? I'm an experienced player for a few years now, have run FBI on my maxed out Rogue and was beaten by 2 million in FBI by a pally tank running Xuna to its optimal potential. Granted he gained a bit of DPS because he has no control over the companion which pulled the room of giants before the Drufi fight. But that is it's potential.

2 million is not a big deal. and there is a lot more that could have caused that difference. gear, artifacts, positioning, level of enchants, over all power, did you have enough stats covered with the scaling vs him was he a really fast runner that got to fights first...
    . I'd need to see a lot more information than someone out dps'd me in a que. wahhhhh.. nerf it..

believe me if it were that great the end gamers would be using it non stop and they aren't. the reason it goes for so much is people hear the hype, then equip her and go.. awwww.
  • milehighxr#1299 milehighxr Member Posts: 461 Arc User

what @micky1p00 @thefabricant @oremonger#9999 said. personally I'm ok with less content over all if I know something bigger is on the way and the events are redone a little in a way to give replayability (worthwhile rewards) and more often,

the hell pit could have been a better event if it had another reward table that let you replay with more than one toon for some stuff thru a chest at the end. I understand why the main rewards are on one toon only (although it would have been nice to be able to earn the leg on many alts) but gating it to one time a day one toon makes it a non event.

I have 2 issues with Hellpit being only available to 1 toon per day:

1 mount is not an account wide unlock. With it's mediocre bonus(not everyone can use 10k crit avoid, can't remember bonus, I just remember thinking "meh")

2 I see nothing that indicates that the currency is account shared ie, if I start with one toon, and find that I wanna try it with another will I still be able to buy the mount at the end?

Other than those 2 things I'm happy with Hellpit being one toon only, I'm already bored with it, and it's only day 9 on console. The bright side is, I can do Hellpit anytime I want to as I don't have to spam chat for groups or get all disappointed when the group I get in that said they were gonna do 5x tales runs, has one person that drops after the first run...

what @micky1p00 @thefabricant @oremonger#9999 said. personally I'm ok with less content over all if I know something bigger is on the way and the events are redone a little in a way to give replayability (worthwhile rewards) and more often,

the hell pit could have been a better event if it had another reward table that let you replay with more than one toon for some stuff thru a chest at the end. I understand why the main rewards are on one toon only (although it would have been nice to be able to earn the leg on many alts) but gating it to one time a day one toon makes it a non event.

I have 2 issues with Hellpit being only available to 1 toon per day:

1 mount is not an account wide unlock. With it's mediocre bonus(not everyone can use 10k crit avoid, can't remember bonus, I just remember thinking "meh")

2 I see nothing that indicates that the currency is account shared ie, if I start with one toon, and find that I wanna try it with another will I still be able to buy the mount at the end?

Other than those 2 things I'm happy with Hellpit being one toon only, I'm already bored with it, and it's only day 9 on console. The bright side is, I can do Hellpit anytime I want to as I don't have to spam chat for groups or get all disappointed when the group I get in that said they were gonna do 5x tales runs, has one person that drops after the first run...
    I"m all about the carrot. I can find ways to make a fight like that amusing if there is a reason to run it. it's a good way to try out various companions. it's good practice for rotation. etc
  • cwhitesidedev#9752 cwhitesidedev Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 253 Cryptic Developer
    Hi All,

Thanks so much for your patience and putting in all the effort in what is our first CDP! (Many more to come). Things have been really busy of late and we hope in future we will be able work with you on the CDPs more efficiently (Logistics and CDP schedule). On top of this we will have more direct communication about CDP outcomes, actions and discussion in streams.

I was going to frame things as a proposal but I think we are all mature enough for me to actually communicate what we are planning to work on (or are actively working on) with the caveat that all features and content are subject to change. If there is ever a big course correct we will let you know. I hope that sounds ok.

I would say about 50+ % of the team has read the CDP and about 90% have skimmed through it locking on areas that are closest to them. The team is already aware of the areas listed below and in most cases we are about to start work (brainstorming, planning) on the areas or already have (unless stated otherwise). The CDP discussion will help inform the work moving forward and no doubt we will be reaching out for further info, questions and/or thoughts regarding certain topics. We will do this on streams, through mini CDP topics, in some cases calls, emails and of course re-reading and discussing specific posts from this CDP. And we will keep everyone up to date on the progress in these areas both through communication and the preview server.

Therefore we intend to be working in the following areas this year although some of the features, systems and content will be released in phases. To this end we will be publishing a high level road map in the coming weeks!

- Streamlining of the 1-80 experience in which we will tackle campaigns, rewards, progression, player education (Core systems, damage, healing, item power, etc), tool tips, discover ability, player purpose, goals, time to get the best experiences of the game etc. This is a huge undertaking and one we are very excited about. We intend to deliver this in phases throughout the year but closer to the end of the year.
    - Tiered content such as trials with easy and normal versions of trials for example and dungeons.
    - Inclusivity whereby lower level players will be able to take part in events, strongholds, dungeons as well as other types of content that we will discuss at a later date.
    - We will be making existing content more relevant to players across the board with some rewiring of rewards,activity's and progression.
    - We will be working on evolving scaling so it is more relevant, meaningful and less constraining for all players.
    - Better accessibility for players with disabilities and researching how we may be able to work with https://ablegamers.org/ in this regard.
    - Refinement of early game communication systems allowing more freedom for new and existing players to play together and communicate.
    - Story telling and narrative arcs will be a core component of the whole experience including content delivery moving forward (Not mass effect (-: )
    - Guild quality of life and profession/systems evolution (This is something we are discussing. We will update with more info later. We are still in the process of prioritization and therefore I am not sure how much work we can do on this at the moment).
    - PVP discussions and potentially a separate CDP thread spinning up in tandem with other CDPs concurrently.

This is a lot of work. As I said much of it will be phased based and released bit by bit both for development reasons and so we can more meaningful shape the game together moving forward. We are right in the middle of discussing how we achieve the areas along with how we develop and deliver content moving forward. We can talk in more details about this on next weeks stream (21st Jan) and moving forward.

Again we want to thank you for all of your hard work, your contribution, your passion and for following the guidelines of the CDP to make it is meaningful, effective and meaningful as it can be. This is the beginning of our journey together as we evolve Neverwinter and the whole of the team wants to thank you for taking this journey with us.

We will leave the thread open for 24 hours should anyone have anymore comments or feedback regarding the above.

Chris

P.S: Our next topic is Progression and Rewards.
This discussion has been closed.