test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Challenge of the Gods - February 17th?

sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
Does anyone else feel this event will be a bust? Let's consider the following;

Amaunator ----- Kill 5 enemies; No At-Wiil Powers in 3 minutes
I would say this one alone is highly improbable, if not impossible.

Corellon ----- Survive 30 Seconds in Combat while Below 50% Health
The below 50% health is doable. I don't know about the survival part?

Kelemvor ----- Kill 5 Enemies while you are Below 50% Health
Maybe?

Oghma ----- Use Daily Powers 3 Times in 5 minutes
With the way things work now, you have to be joking right?

Silvanus ----- Kill 10 Enemies; No Encounter Powers in 3 minutes
This one is more possible than Oghma.

Sune ----- Use your Encounter powers 10 times; While in combat 3 minutes
Oh come on now! Sune do you know how long it takes for just one of those to recharge?

Tempus ----- Kill 10 Enemies; No Daily Powers in 3 minutes
No problem, we have been living without those so long, I forget which keys to press!

Tymora ----- Kill 10 Enemies; No Healing Potions in 3 minutes
Wait... we have healing potions, oh yeah, I have been chewing on Health Stones for so long, those slipped my mind.

This is just a selection of the event challenges. I am curious, if the development team thought this out or if there will be new rules? Opposing views are always welcomed.

Have fun!
wb-cenders.gif

Comments

• kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    It used to be a fun event (at least in my opinion). But I think it would need to be pretty much completely reworked with different challenges in order to be fun again. I may or may not participate in the next one on console.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    There were only a handful of those I would bother with in the past anyway. So without a reworking this event is an even larger dud to me and a definite pass.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    I've pretty much ignored it for years. The other Divine inspired events have the same loot, rather meh quality. But at least they just give the stuff out. Challenge makes you jump through hoops for forgettable rewards.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    I think last time I did Challenge of the Gods, I got the forgehammer, so I was happy. Don't see a point in doing it anymore because I'm pretty sure the forgehammer is bound when obtained from this event (I might be mis-remembering though).
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,182 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    I like the challenge when it pops. I always like to see if I can solve it.
    For the characters I played and with VIP, I think they can all do most of the challenge.
    I play Rogue, Warlock, Barbie, Cleric, Ranger and Paladin.
    I can't tell how Wizard and Fighter can be done.

This would be easy for my characters. Just use AOE encounters. With VIP, they can all teleport to Dread Ring. They have been doing that for the weekly AD quest. My Rogue and Ranger (or even Cleric) can kill 5 in dread ring using one encounter.

Teleport to dread ring. Now, it may be easier than before. The issue I had before was their health went back to be above 50% easily.

This is again easier than before with no life steal anymore.

This is now tricky. With mystic Cleric Artifact, each cast gives 25% AP. You cast one daily to begin. Hence, you need to fill AP twice in 5 minutes. Cleric Artifact can be cast 4 times with mystic to get one more daily. Hence, somehow, we need to fill up AP in fighting in 5 minutes to get one more daily. I think it can be done. For Ranger who does not use all the AP to cast daily, it will be pretty easy.

This should be easy. Says the cooldown is 20 seconds, for the toon that can have only 3 encounters, it can do 27 encounters.
    Most encounter cooldown is not 20 seconds and Ranger has 6 encounters, Wizard has 4.

Post edited by plasticbat on
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Ogma should be doable by anyone by holding down atwills on a training dummy. Takes 1 min to fill AP.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    I do open Waukeen's Coin Purse hoping for AD to drop. I don't mind getting the teleport scrolls as I tend to collect them. I don't use the VIP signpost, I stick with teleport to PE scrolls and the teleport to Moonstone Mask scrolls. Other than that, the whole event seems outdated now with the change of game mechanics.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    They should all still be doable, especially in SH or Dread Ring. I used to have to strip down a lot for anything beyond 50% health, but now it should be easy enough.
    Oghma will be easy for my HR, but even if not so, there are some ways to fill AP more quickly (battlehorn, food, some gear) but yeah, if its too much trouble you can always just skip Oghma.
    I think I used to skip all that were too troublesome (50% health, didn't want to constantly undress to get rid of lifesteal) and it was still nice to do on the go. I have never "farmed" this event, if that even is a real thing.

I'm pretty sure it won't have new rules.

- bye bye -
  • demenoss#9306 demenoss Member Posts: 205 Arc User

Does anyone else feel this event will be a bust? Let's consider the following;
    I would say this one alone is highly improbable, if not impossible.

Did it last time, not easy, but works.

Maybe?

Kelemvor is easier IMO, as for Corellon's - getting down to 50% AND having combat go on for more then 30s that's hard! ;-)

With the way things work now, you have to be joking right?

I did get this to work last time. I was using one of "Dew" potions to generate AP faster and waited for my AP to be full at start but is not easy, as I recall I prolly had about 5-7 secs to spare.

The only way is with Daily and generally weak enemies.

Oh come on now! Sune do you know how long it takes for just one of those to recharge?

Easier on a wizard, since they have 4 slots... As for other classes, yeah...no so much.

Tempus ----- Kill 10 Enemies; No Daily Powers in 3 minutes
    No problem, we have been living without those so long, I forget which keys to press!

Tymora ----- Kill 10 Enemies; No Healing Potions in 3 minutes
    Wait... we have healing potions, oh yeah, I have been chewing on Health Stones for so long, those slipped my mind.

LOL to both!

This is just a selection of the event challenges. I am curious, if the development team thought this out or if there will be new rules? Opposing views are always welcomed.

Have fun!

I would agree however, after all the changes especially with longer cooldowns, some adjustments to this event is needed.
    Guild: Noble Misfits
    Silky Pan'teeze: Drow Wizard --- Madres de Nasae: Half-elf Rouge
    Kepler: Human Paladin --- Demenoss: Dragonborn Barbarian
    Divine Pan'teeze: Drow Cleric --- Nikki Sharparrow: Human Ranger
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,182 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    Go to an easy area such as Dread Ring.

Maybe?

Kelemvor is easier IMO, as for Corellon's - getting down to 50% AND having combat go on for more then 30s that's hard! ;-)
    The hard part is to wait to 50% health. The easy part is that 30 seconds of 'combat'. You have a Paladin. You can just stand there for 30 seconds with a shield or running in circle. If you have to, drink a health potion.

Go to Dread Ring and use your at will to kill everything.

Easier on a wizard, since they have 4 slots... As for other classes, yeah...no so much.
    Easy for all class. Even if it is 20 seconds cooldown, any class can cast 27 encounters in 3 minutes.
    Ranger has 6 encounter powers.

*** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • demenoss#9306 demenoss Member Posts: 205 Arc User

Go to an easy area such as Dread Ring.

Maybe?

The hard part is to wait to 50% health. The easy part is that 30 seconds of 'combat'. You have a Paladin. You can just stand there for 30 seconds with a shield or running in circle. If you have to, drink a health potion.

Go to Dread Ring and use your at will to kill everything.

Easy for all class. Even if it is 20 seconds cooldown, any class can cast 27 encounters in 3 minutes.
    Ranger has 6 encounter powers.

All good points, Thanks!
    Guild: Noble Misfits
    Silky Pan'teeze: Drow Wizard --- Madres de Nasae: Half-elf Rouge
    Kepler: Human Paladin --- Demenoss: Dragonborn Barbarian
    Divine Pan'teeze: Drow Cleric --- Nikki Sharparrow: Human Ranger
  • mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    not gonna be fun doing that in mod 18 for vast majority of player base
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)