test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Now that Mod 18 is "in the bag" what would you like to see in Mod 19?

Comments

• foxeatingwolf#7316 foxeatingwolf Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    Playable Werewolf (The illusion one is not bad, but I still want the real deal!), or even better, the wolf-like Lupin race please, I'd fork out a good deal for that one!
  • dionchidionchi Member Posts: 915 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    I recently spoke with a group of friends I hadn't seen in a while and commented I rarely see them playing neverwinter anymore. Every single one of them stated there are too many changes in the game and they were particularly put off by putting time and effort into their characters to quest in a certain area but if they aren't online consistently, when they come back to the game it's like a whole other beast and they feel they have to start over nearly from scratch to play the game... that being the case they might as well be playing a different game, and I have to say I totally agree with them on all counts.

When a new mod comes out, if the developers think character stats should be altered, companion influence and powers should be nerfed or game mechanics need to be fiddled with, those changes should apply singularly and specifically to the new content - not already existing content.

When and if players choose to venture into new content, then they can apply the needed changes to their characters but being able to successfully traverse content one time then suddenly discover they are no longer able to survive in the same content after the newly released mod causes them to lose interest in all content especially since it has been proven time and again that someone is going to be HAMSTER with their powers, stats, and ancillary enhancements in their absence causing them to try to figure out;
    • First - what happened.
    • Second - what they need to do just to get back to where they previously were.
    • and Finally - if it is going to be worth all the time and effort, when they suspect (know) it's just going to happen again.
    Mods and new content are important, but Mods and new content should have a minimal (or no) impact on current existing content... (Their words not mine).

Roll out the new content make necessary and challenging new changes to character stats and powers, companions, mounts and enhancements in that new content - but don't screw with existing content when you're doing it.

New players might not notice or care but existing players who have stuck with the game for years do and eventually Neverwinter is going to run out of new players because lets face it - Neverwinter isn't the shiniest tool in the shed anymore - so the game is going to have to figure out how to retain their current players, at least the ones still spending money to support the game, like my friends -vs- those who pretty much already have it all and are using the Astral Diamond Exchange like their own personal ATM.
    DD~
  • bpstuartbpstuart Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    Cosmetic stuff
    "Ghostly" versions of dyes, ethereal and see through versions of textures like the ghost and wraiths have on their gear and weapons. would be cool for magically or psion themed characters. A rouge with spectral knives that pop into their hands when combat starts would be fun.

Also "glows" and Auras could be cool, like the haze around the Thayan illusionist companion but dyeable. A saintly gold for my Paladin and a silvery blue for my Fey themed wizard would be nice.

Maybe some more fashion items, stuff for those of us who like to play larger characters. A few of the Merchants and the "old sailor" have gear that gives them some heft. I may be in the minority but i like the option to play as a fat character.

Maybe 'Heavy' face options for other races, Tiefling men don't always need to have a chin like a cactus.

Gameplay stuff

More themed companions, like a floating staff for wizards, you could even just recycle the broom companion for an animated staff of attack that gives power or incoming healing buffs.

Classes: We all want fresh classes

Druid: A nature based healer/tank or Healer Controller depending on path. would also give us another class to use nature nodes. Staff or a walking stick as a weapon.

Sorcorer: A sorcerer that could go either Wildmagic Glasscannon DPS or a Tanky Dragon soul and have wild arcane powers. You could recycle Mod16's preveiw "cataclysm" encounter power as Burning hands. At wills like Firebolt, acid splash or poison spray could be fun. They could use wands or something as weapons.

and finally bring back the idea that the treasures you find from skill nodes be used in crafting. Like have some gear need stuff harvested from those nodes, Arcane Texts, symbolic offerings and other such items would make sense as being needed to make caster gear. You can even make little shop quest lines from it. To unlock new masterwork items you need to find 5 of each Religion/arcane/thievery/nature item for the artisen to study or re-purpose.
    Ego etiam cupo recrari et amari diu post mortem meam
    I too wish to be recreated, and to be loved long after my death.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    @noworries#8859 @nitocris83

I'd like for my alts created since April to be able to claim my Foundry account rewards: Foundry Apprentice Cloak, Foundry Graduate's Cloak, and the Foundry titles I've earned (up to Stalwart).
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
    dionchi said:

bpstuart said:

"-snip-

Classes: We all want fresh classes

No, We DON'T "all want fresh classes"... (speaking in absolutes is a double edged blade, it may just as easily cut you as your target)

Because just about every time a new class is introduced, we have to go through weeks, months, years of the developers juggling powers, feats and skills, HAMSTER up everyone else's character stats in the quest for "balance".

I'd rather see no new character classes introduced than have to go through a protracted period of changes and alterations to everyone else's character in the name of seeking balance because of the introduction of a new class.

I used to be in favor of the introduction of new character classes but over the years seeing everything that usually happens when a new character class is introduced, my opinion has changed a bit.

They will probably do that that to us anyways. Again and Again. I would rather get a new class out of it then nothing like mod16.
    But lets add an adendum shall we.

Should you (cryptic) role out a new class, make changes only to that class to make it fit with the dynamic of the others instead of messing with the other classes. It is ok if 2 of the classes play almost the same, give us some variety even if it is rather superficial. Some people choose flavor over utility.
  • milehighxr#1299 milehighxr Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    dionchi said:

I recently spoke with a group of friends I hadn't seen in a while and commented I rarely see them playing neverwinter anymore. Every single one of them stated there are too many changes in the game and they were particularly put off by putting time and effort into their characters to quest in a certain area but if they aren't online consistently, when they come back to the game it's like a whole other beast and they feel they have to start over nearly from scratch to play the game... that being the case they might as well be playing a different game, and I have to say I totally agree with them on all counts.

When a new mod comes out, if the developers think character stats should be altered, companion influence and powers should be nerfed or game mechanics need to be fiddled with, those changes should apply singularly and specifically to the new content - not already existing content.

When and if players choose to venture into new content, then they can apply the needed changes to their characters but being able to successfully traverse content one time then suddenly discover they are no longer able to survive in the same content after the newly released mod causes them to lose interest in all content especially since it has been proven time and again that someone is going to be HAMSTER with their powers, stats, and ancillary enhancements in their absence causing them to try to figure out;

• First - what happened.
    • and Finally - if it is going to be worth all the time and effort, when they suspect (know) it's just going to happen again.
    Mods and new content are important, but Mods and new content should have a minimal (or no) impact on current existing content... (Their words not mine).

Roll out the new content make necessary and challenging new changes to character stats and powers, companions, mounts and enhancements in that new content - but don't screw with existing content when you're doing it.

New players might not notice or care but existing players who have stuck with the game for years do and eventually Neverwinter is going to run out of new players because lets face it - Neverwinter isn't the shiniest tool in the shed anymore - so the game is going to have to figure out how to retain their current players, at least the ones still spending money to support the game, like my friends -vs- those who pretty much already have it all and are using the Astral Diamond Exchange like their own personal ATM.

This right here is why scaling needs to go away.

dionchi said:

• First - what happened.

This right here is why scaling needs to go away.
    It's not about "scaling", it's about too many "frequent changes" to the game characters, powers, companions, mounts, etc. and how things work within the game...

Scaling was one of those changes to be sure, but after the bugs were ironed out it hasn't been messed with too much. If scaling is a thing that's here to stay (without being fiddled with every month or Mod), fine and dandy. I figure most players are willing and able to adapt.

But if scaling or anything else is changing every time new content is released or in the unobtainable quest for "balance", then yeah, get rid of scaling (or whatever) if it is just going to be another of those things that get fiddled with frequently.

DD~
  • grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User

I would make a list but it's probably just the same things I've wanted to see since Mod 13-14ish so why bother.

If you don't ask for it again and refresh their memories, you have no chance to get whatever.

CHALLENGE PLAYERS TO 1-on-1 PVP FIGHTS IN PVE AREAS!!

Maybe OK, under these Rules - If the challenger loses they lose all their Armor, Weapons and Enchantments/Enhancements to the challenged player, which become unbound, if the challenger wins he they get 1) a cheesy uncommon green armor at their level AND a cheesy trophy for the Useful items tab (up to 999 per box) worth 9cp each [the "I beat somebody better/worse in 1 on 1 PVP.]

Otherwise, I agree with hustin1

"Please, no. The last thing we need is someone on an ego trip constantly bugging us to duel."

You, (aka son of a female dog) [I guess the computer didn't catch your name and was not able to properly pronounce it] sound like a Wild West gunfighter wannabe who challenges all comers, but can't be killed.
  • majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    hustin1 said:

Please, no. The last thing we need is someone on an ego trip constantly bugging us to duel.
    Strongly agree! That kind of a annoyance would convince me this game is not worth my time anymore.

Maybe OK, under these Rules - If the challenger loses they lose all their Armor, Weapons and Enchantments/Enhancements to the challenged player, which become unbound, if the challenger wins he they get 1) a cheesy uncommon green armor at their level AND a cheesy trophy for the Useful items tab (up to 999 per box) worth 9cp each [the "I beat somebody better/worse in 1 on 1 PVP.]

"Please, no. The last thing we need is someone on an ego trip constantly bugging us to duel."

You, (aka son of a female dog) [I guess the computer didn't catch your name and was not able to properly pronounce it] sound like a Wild West gunfighter wannabe who challenges all comers, but can't be killed.
    If they added a set of bleacher seats for spectators and maybe a way for the audience to boost the stats for the challenged player, I might be all in for that kind of arrangement. B)

Back on the subject posted by the op, I'm just in a wait and see mode for subsequent mods myself.
    ~Shia~

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
    Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
    Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anoited Champion (Faith.)
    Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
    Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
    Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
    Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 60, Rom Sci
    S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 60, Rom Eng
    T'Lyra, LvL 60, Fed, Vul Sci
    Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
  • tchefi#6735 tchefi Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited December 2019

I think it's an ok idea. But, as an old gamer, I had experienced some strongly PvE oriented games where PvP part was nonetheless wild (anywhere you want, no need to challenge just straight attack), and it was sometimes very frustrating for some people (but also had led to some intersting things, like "convoy" to go from one place to another, securising each other by the numbers travelling together). The good old times, be killed and sent to the respawn, naked (or worst, stay as a ghost who have to travel to find the respawn point !), while your remaining old corpse with all your stuff was still where you died and lootable by anyone...

Considering NWO is strongly PvE (PvP is limited to PvP dedicated instances or precise zones), your idea may need to have a "switch" option allowing people to turn on or off the possibility that they can be challenged or not (maybe only able to change once per hour).

So people who aren't interested in pvp at all (and on this game, they are many) can put that option off permanently, preventing anyone from being able to challenge them in the wild. People who want to occasionnaly do wild PvP and sometimes not can switch between the 2 modes once per hour, and people who love being challenged anywhere anytime can stick with the option "on".

Edit : on a side note, I don't think NWO is very suitable for "wild" PvP (= outside very defined zones/instances).
    Games based on D&D always tend to be strongly PvE oriented, and it is normal as the p&p game is more toward making an interesting group of players to roleplay on what the DM prepared rather than fighting between each other or competing to see who win the d**k-meter.
    Post edited by tchefi#6735 on
    edited December 2019
    hustin1 said:

Please, no. The last thing we need is someone on an ego trip constantly bugging us to duel.
    Again a potential problem seemingly with a simple fix...

It goes without saying players can just refuse PVP challenges, but you bring up a good point about being repeatedly bugged to duel.

We have a drop down menu for being invited to a party - why not the same kind of mechanism for challenges to PVP instead of just saying "I don't want it"?

The simple fix would be to have a programmed function existing, like the "looking for a party" and "looking for a party autoteaming" and "not looking for a party" functions already in the game... all the developers have to do is install an option for "not looking for PVP duel".

This at least puts something new in the game, may even add some additional life to PVP and gives the players the option to accept or refuse, instead of just being thrown into a random party with teammates and opponents with who knows what skill level, experience and gear scores or having no option at all.

I object to the defeated losing all of their gear premise however. I don't know of any sane person that would accept that kind of deal, it's like betting the house on a yet to be determined roll of the dice.

I would however agree with "to the victor goes the spoils" by way of a chest or a little reward at the end of a PVP challenge.

"Little" to mostly discourage those only interested in the reward at the end, rather than the challenge of contesting against another player. If any player doesn't think the reward is sufficient, they don't have to challenge anyone or accept a challenge.
    DD~

hustin1 said:

Strongly agree! That kind of a annoyance would convince me this game is not worth my time anymore.

If they added a set of bleacher seats for spectators and maybe a way for the audience to boost the stats for the challenged player, I might be all in for that kind of arrangement. B)

Back on the subject posted by the op, I'm just in a wait and see mode for subsequent mods myself.
    dionchi said:

hustin1 said:

Again a potential problem seemingly with a simple fix...

It goes without saying players can just refuse PVP challenges, but you bring up a good point about being repeatedly bugged to duel.

We have a drop down menu for being invited to a party - why not the same kind of mechanism for challenges to PVP instead of just saying "I don't want it"?

The simple fix would be to have a programmed function existing, like the "looking for a party" and "looking for a party autoteaming" and "not looking for a party" functions already in the game... all the developers have to do is install an option for "not looking for PVP duel".

This at least puts something new in the game, may even add some additional life to PVP and gives the players the option to accept or refuse, instead of just being thrown into a random party with teammates and opponents with who knows what skill level, experience and gear scores or having no option at all.

I would however agree with "to the victor goes the spoils" by way of a chest or a little reward at the end of a PVP challenge.

"Little" to mostly discourage those only interested in the reward at the end, rather than the challenge of contesting against another player. If any player doesn't think the reward is sufficient, they don't have to challenge anyone or accept a challenge.
    I object to the defeated losing all of their gear premise however. I don't know of any sane person that would accept that kind of deal, it's like betting the house on a yet to be determined roll of the dice.

In answer to the above, That is needed to stop the 'wannabes' from challenging established players (bugging them if you will) who are busy trying to do PvE Quests and don't have time. And remember, in Real History, Jousting losers lost their armor - Head, Chest, Arms and Feet pieces [along with any attached enchantmants/Enhancement, if any]. The Weapon/Off Hand and all the pieces on the Right side of the Character sheet are not given to the Winner.

And now, as majorcharvenak proposed, back to the subject and essohbee#3114 can start their own thread on adding PvP one on one.
  • milehighxr#1299 milehighxr Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    Legendary tools unbound.

All comps/mounts BtA on equip(we usedtacould be able to move them around as they were only BtA on equip when I started playing in feb 2018). I have several mounts and comps on one toon that I would like to move elsewhere. Or maybe add to the bazaar, a token for 10ad that unbinds(from character only still bound account) comps and mounts so we can move things when their usefulness on toon "a" is less than it would be on toon "b", or maybe cuz toon a has better mounts comps than the first ones he got. That is an ad sink I would use.
  • buxirbuxir Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    I want public dung. (like ESO)
    And some BIG raid world bosses
    And delete the adventures from crafting and let us collect things ourself
    And let our companions and mounts Account bound not character
  • balufunkebalufunke Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 182 Arc User
    balufunke said:
    Pretty sure this is just a Retake of Dark Alliance since a lot of Baulder's gate stuff is coming out. I don't think it will have anything to do with neverwinter since Bruenor and Drizzt have already retaken mythril hall in some of the Legacy campeigns for NWO.
    hustin1 said:

@noworries#8859 @nitocris83

I'd like for my alts created since April to be able to claim my Foundry account rewards: Foundry Apprentice Cloak, Foundry Graduate's Cloak, and the Foundry titles I've earned (up to Stalwart).

I never did any Foundry Quests, but I played a lot of them the first few years. I agree that your Alts should get the Foundry Account Rewards.
    4. Open up 7 more SH building plots so all the possible buildings can be built.
  • corsair#6764 corsair Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    As a colour-blind player, another option I'd like to see is one whereby we can specify the colour(s) used in designating enemy names and affiliations. The dark, thickish text - especially for a creature's affiliation (as the text is in a smaller fontsize) - is really hard for me to read in areas where the background/skybox (when visible) is light. (Gods, I spent ages earlier today trying to find a group of "Adventurers".)
  • burnthedead#7732 burnthedead Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    Can we have a search box for crafting items from the in shop crafting supply guy; as is you need to scroll through 200 different ingredients to find what you want to buy, not an important detail but convenient. tvm.
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    I would still be playing and spending money if the company allowed my unbound enchants to be exchanged for unbround enchants.. because they didnt, I stopped both.

Too many changes, scaling and other things contributed, but frankly that is the only real reason I quit probably.

I had about 20 million ad saved thinking I could piece meal what I needed together.. the moment they made unbound to bound offer.. I did my last 5-6 days of vip I had left and didnt buy again.

There was alot of things i didnt like that they have been dong (tales of old shouldve been a choice, run 1 tier you prefer up to the amount you needed, each gave a point and you needed whatever for the week, say 20) forcing players to run things ad nasuem is boring as heck.. Shouldnt have to run so many things so often..

So ya, there were many reasons, but the single highest reason why I am not giving this company money outside of the time stupid scaling was the enchants process.

I simply do not have the fortitude to regrind same HAMSTER over and over.. it just becomes boring.. kudos to those who can I guess. I just cant any longer..

I am frankly a bit surprised as many people remained, I still miss it from time to time.. overall loved neverwinter for years.. they just got to grindy and "repeat" this one million times boring for me.

• kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    1. Bring back the account wide unlock status on comps/mounts purchased with packs - all packs.
    2. Stop focusing on increasing difficulty and equipment/enchantment grind and start focusing on telling GOOD stories.
    3. Find a way to bring back some modified version of the Foundry. It is the one thing that set NWO apart from other D&D inspired MMOs (or, it did, when it existed).
    4. Make guilds relevant outside of their boon value. And I don't mean by adding yet MORE grind opportunities. Give us stories that can only be pursued in a Guild.
  • burnthedead#7732 burnthedead Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    Still hoping to see CODG Ampoules usable for any weapon set.
    The marginal gain on exalted weapons, for those willing to grind the push pull torment of that dungeon, was enough to keep people from abandoning it completely.
    It was working, well it was a grind for Mark 6's, and Ampoules, but Wootz weapons are redundant, so 50% of the motivation is gone forever.
  • krumple01krumple01 Member Posts: 755 Arc User

Still hoping to see CODG Ampoules usable for any weapon set.
    The marginal gain on exalted weapons, for those willing to grind the push pull torment of that dungeon, was enough to keep people from abandoning it completely.
    It was working, well it was a grind for Mark 6's, and Ampoules, but Wootz weapons are redundant, so 50% of the motivation is gone forever.

90% of the items in the game are obsolete. It is not a new thing. Every mod releases content but at the same time technically deletes other content so the net gain is zero. What I mean by delete is make obsolete. A new mod with new weapons makes all the previous mod weapons useless in comparison. Same with the armor sets except for a few cases where a previous mod armor piece is superior but only because the new mod piece has just terrible stats or bonus.