test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

M18 - General

124»

Comments

• demarw2#2749 demarw2 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    As a console player I have one wish:

An option to decide between press or hold the L3 button to block or sprint. With my fighter I often have the problem that I do not recognize whether I hold my shield up or not. Especially if I am in a huge battle. So I often die, because I could not use any potion or health stone while blocking. The same is with my Barbarian: sprinting while holding the L3 button would increase the control for me. It could be a point in the settings, where everybody can choose between pressing and holding.
  • cthulukittencthulukitten Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Bug: one of my toons has all movement disabled upon entering the cathedral, unable to proceed despite reload/restart/recopy toon/etc. Even a new copy of the toon gets stuck at same pt. Happens to my cw but not my tr. Multiple tries, unable to proceed. Didn't see this posted yet, but maybe overlooked it.
  • exgardianexgardian Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    I've logged on preview yesterday, and all my toons are "reseted". Is this WAI ?
    2fv72Fw.png
  • gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    exgardian said:

I've logged on preview yesterday, and all my toons are "reseted". Is this WAI ?

Mine too. /10 char
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • derdrakonderdrakon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 25 Arc User
    A small feedback about Infernal Descent, after playing on the preview server a few times.

So we are going down to hell! Hell yeah, I thought, and when I arrived at Vallenhas I was stunned, but more by surprise, that the actual view. Don't get me wrong, the map looks good, but I expected a hell, instead I was "just" in the middle of a wasteland during evening. I think many will feel that way and ask, where is the hell?

The map:
    I found the following description about Avernus:
    "...Avernus was a desolate wasteland with rocky terrain, sparse, twisted vegetation, concealed snake pits, caves and warrens, volcanoes, and rivers of magma. The sky was starless, full of choking smoke, and glowed a dark red due to balls of flammable gas that floated about or streaked across the atmosphere, randomly exploding as a fireball."

While I admit, that part of this is there, "desolate wasteland" check, "starless sky" check, a but lot of what makes a hell look hellish is missing.
    - Volcanoes
    - Rivers of magma
    - Fire, Fireballs
    - Burning trees
    - Red glowing rocks
    - The vision blurry from heat
    - Piles of skeletons and bones on the ground
    - Pools of blood
    - Glowing runes on trees, walls, stones...

One explanation might be, that Vallenhas is just "normal" Land, that has been pulled to hell, and therefore is not really hell, and does not need volcanoes and magma...
    Well, it's up to you to explain this, right now it just doesn't feel right the way it is.

Please make the map more hellish!
    - Make fireballs randomly hit the ground and do damage to players and monsters.
    - Make lightning randomly hit the ground and do damage to players and monsters.
    - Make gas spores randomly explode and leave a poison cloud for a little time.
    - If monsters are hit, increase the aggro range so, that they attack the nearest target, a player or another group of monsters.
    - we are in hell, yes?

The Demon and Devil Bloodwar thing:
    - Make demons and devils fight each other, like the dinos on the Omu map. We have a war, right? The patrols should attack each other on sight when too close.
    - If a player lures Demons and Devils into each other, it should be random, if the groups fight each other first, and after that the player, or if they join against the player and after that continue to fight each other.

Another thing is the Powercreep. Is it really good, to increase the stats of the new items that much? I doubt there is anything good in it...

That's it for now
  • noworries#8859 noworries Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 651 Cryptic Developer
    derdrakon said:

So we are going down to hell! Hell yeah, I thought, and when I arrived at Vallenhas I was stunned, but more by surprise, that the actual view. Don't get me wrong, the map looks good, but I expected a hell, instead I was "just" in the middle of a wasteland during evening. I think many will feel that way and ask, where is the hell?

This has been mentioned a couple of times, so I did want to clarify something (and you also called it out further down in your post).

M18 is a descent into Avernus, players aren't on the ground in Avernus yet, they are on a piece of land that is being pulled down into Avernus.
  • quickfoot#7851 quickfoot Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    ^^ Yeah, aside from m15, some of visuals have been amazing the last few mods, still when I run across the wolf cave in barovia I'm left with a sense of awe.

• dontez1dontez1 Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    So to clarify because some seem not to have a good understanding of what happens to the Vallenhas Stronghold and surrounding areas is that it looks similar to this...

The Stronghold and surrounding land was sucked into Avernus and is now being ripped apart by the massive "Black Hole" above it and the huge Infernal Chains tethering it to the floating Infernal Citadels and ground.

The picture is of Elturel. It is not the only city Zariel has pulled into Avernus for this destruction. Characters who run the Official Module this Campaign is based off of find huge broken chains along the River Styx giving them hope that they can free Elturel if they do the same. That is where the Neverwinter Campaign comes in.

• arkai#8115 arkai Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    Idk if i post in corret section.but for the vip ppl economy is a problem put lockbox in a better place? i mean when we had pack inside was cool each pack worth 30-40k ad and yu hv a better return value. With new lokbx yu risk to grab 5k 10k reward inside.. take lookbox with new system but give inside a guarante 10k to50k ad (rougue or not)every open +the 3 reward.
  • nevernixnevernix Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    All in All … 22h up to planed release of M18…?!

No comments to latest Feedback .

Some official statemente would be nice. Last official statments was, that new goal / strategy should be the singificant increase of release quallity …

OS, please, use the feedback an increase the release quallity … ;-)

Nix*