test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Infernal Descent Preview Patch Notes: NW.120.20200106a.2

terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
Release Notes

Content and Environment
Avernus
  • Etrien’s wardrobe has been reduced in variety and she’s now wearing the same outfit in the various places she appears.
  • Heal Our Wounded: This quest now requires 3 citizens to be healed, reduced from 5.
  • Heal Our Wounded: There are now more than just imps around this quest.
  • Herbs collected for a quest are no longer invisible at low graphical settings.
  • Performance improvements have been made throughout the Adventure Zone.
  • Players can no longer take damage on the Cutscene during the “A House In Need” quest.
  • Restore the Village Glyphworks: The Guardian now properly spawns without significant delay for a player if they have dropped and retaken the quest.
  • There are no longer locations where demons and devils appear to work together.
  • Vallenhas Hearth now has a campfire, and the entire area within the shield now has campfire effects.
  • Various collision and visual issues have been addressed.
Tutorial
  • Golden path issues resolved

Combat and Powers
Classes and Balance
  • Ranger: More than Disruptive: This feat's tooltip has had a typo fixed.
  • Ranger: Ranger buffs no longer work on the opposing team in PVP. Traitors will not be tolerated!
  • Ranger: Stag Heart now lists its duration
  • Rogue: Dazing Strike now properly states that it can apply an interrupt.
  • Wizard: Critical Conflagration now works for AoE powers
  • Wizard: Conduit of Ice now ticks 8 times, up from 7.
  • Wizard: Directed Flames now only longer procs the damage from Smolder or Rimefire once every 12 seconds.
  • Wizard: Icy Terrain now ticks 10 times, up from 9.
  • Wizard: Ray of Enfeeblement now ticks 5 times, down from 6.
  • Wizard: Rimefire Weaving feat changed to lower target’s damage resistance by 5% when either smolder or chill is on the target, and by 10% when rimefire is on the target.
  • Wizard: Smolder from Directed Flames is now 80% of regular smolder damage instead of 50%
  • Warlock: Creeping Death feat has been changed to be a stacking DoT that does 10 magnitude damage per stack every 2 seconds for a total of 10 seconds. Can stack up to 10 times.
Companions
  • Hell Hound Companion now properly gives bonus M18 Campaign Currency.

Enemies and Encounters
Infernal Citadel
  • Audio around the chains and some clickable objects has been improved.
  • Gas Spores and their powers now properly reset when the party is defeated during the Morzach fight.
  • Fixed an issue where the damage area for Morzach’s Spine Toss would not always display.
  • Fixed an issue where the Exit Portal wouldn’t always draw.
  • Repositioned the visual effects on the Gas Spore.
  • The Bone Devil boss now deals slightly more damage, and the Pit Fiend and Hellfire Engine bosses now deal slightly less damage.
  • Unique Boss Bar UI added for Hellfire Engine

Items and Economy
Rewards
  • Dark Remnant Artifact Set: Call of Evil will now increase damage dealt by 2.5% against all targets. Damage dealt is increased by an additional 2.5% against demons, devils, and fiends.
  • Juma’s Bag: Increased drop rates
  • Rare Spawns: Rewards have been updated so that all those that helped kill the rare spawn will have access to loot.
  • Rusted Iron Leggings: Gluttonous Might: Reduced the penalty from -50% incoming healing bonus to -25% incoming healing bonus.
Zen Market
  • Butterfly Mounts should now be claimable if the player purchased a Fallen Apprentice pack after buying the Butterfly Mount Packs.
  • Delver's Currency Kit now correctly states in its tooltip that it gives 500 Coalesced Magics instead of 500 Wooden Tokens.
  • Event and seasonal mounts purchased on an account can now be claimed by characters even when the events are not active.
  • Updated the description for the expedition reward box item to refer to Seals of the Deep instead of Seals of the Mountain.
  • Zen Store bought bags are now Bind to Account
General
  • New Appearance items added to the loot table for Infernal Citadel.
  • Packs of Preservation Wards now correctly reference "upgrading" instead of "fusing.”
  • 10x Pack of Preservation Wards now properly states in its tooltip that it gives 10 Preservation Wards, instead of incorrectly claiming that it gives 5.
  • Updated Seal Vendor gear to current module in Caer-Konig.
  • Seal store in Vallenhas now allows you to see other class options, as well as trade in Seals of the Crown for AD.

User Interface
Options
  • Added a Field of View slider to the Display options

Character, Animation, Effects, and Audio
Character Art
  • Male characters no longer have to sacrifice their precious ears when wearing the Cardinal’s Coral Coif.

Back-end Work
General
  • To address reports of missing fashion items, the process used to automate transferring of fashion items to the new system has had a back-end tweak.

Comments

• bigdragon#4214 bigdragon Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    Any adjustements for the barbarians first that new mod are online?
  • quickfoot#7851 quickfoot Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    Thanks for the notes.

• micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    post pending further investigation
  • dracory1#6808 dracory1 Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    After logging onto Preview server my powers have been reset and my boon points have been reduced from 70 to 67.
  • mord#3639 mord Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    Zen Store bought bags are now Bind to Account

Can we have clarification on this? Will they be bound immediately or bound to account once equipped?
  • tempus86#1158 tempus86 Member Posts: 165 Arc User

After logging onto Preview server my powers have been reset and my boon points have been reduced from 70 to 67.

That's because there are only 67 boon points available, this is not a bug, the fact you had 70 in the first place was the bug
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    mord#3639 said:

Can we have clarification on this? Will they be bound immediately or bound to account once equipped?

People on Preview are saying they are BTA retroactively. Undercutting of bags on Live has already begun.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • milehighxr#1299 milehighxr Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    pitshade said:

mord#3639 said:

People on Preview are saying they are BTA retroactively. Undercutting of bags on Live has already begun.
    So no more buying a bag with a coupon or on sale and then reselling to make more AD? Am I understanding that right? If so, how long before they nerf everything in the zen shop in this way?
  • bifflincultebifflinculte Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    The Chilling Advantage feat (thaumaturge wizard) doesn't increase critical severity on chilled targets
  • carloswartune#5709 carloswartune Member Posts: 265 Arc User

So no more buying a bag with a coupon or on sale and then reselling to make more AD? Am I understanding that right? If so, how long before they nerf everything in the zen shop in this way?

"Nerfing" everything in the shop this way would probably make the ZAX work faster, so they probably won't do it.
  • mord#3639 mord Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    Honestly, if it's the case that when you buy it they become BTA, it will be something alot of the community will say is pay to win (even though it's more pay for convenience)
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    Will the bag thing also apply to claims agent bags:

• kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    xavior44 said:

Warlock: Creeping Death feat has been changed to be a stacking DoT that does 10 magnitude damage per stack every 2 seconds for a total of 10 seconds. Can stack up to 10 times.

This feat is still useless. Best case scenario it is coming out to 6% damage that's nothing compared to the 9.2% from its counterpart feat. I may suggest allowing creeping death to critical strike as right now it is not. That 6% is assuming you have 100% uptime on combat advantage. With crits it should bring it right inline with Exec. Gift and make it a viable option.

Thanks for looking @ creeping death in the first place, its a great start

@noworries#8859 Any opportunity to having the Capstone of Hellbringer, Creeping Death, be able to crit? It would be super duper awesome for Warlocks and as @xavior44 mentions would synergize very well with Exec. Gift...

Either way, appreciate the look/update to Creeping Death! =)

va8Ru.gif
  • modestmouse75modestmouse75 Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    Yes please clarify
    Will they be bound immediately or bound to account once equipped?
    SW:Mouse
    OP:MisfitMouse
  • douglasopferbeckdouglasopferbeck Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    Very happy about the creeping death! Now just make it crit or add about 4 or 5 more magnitude to every stack so it equals executioners as an option!
  • foxxy#4211 foxxy Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 563 Arc User
    These changes keep impacting drastically the efectiveness of the wizard class, more than what was needed; specially if the balance was due to How wizards were behaving in Tomm. So, I wonder what preview- wizards think about all these changes? I am sure that wizards in the next module won't be that great; the new meta classes will be ranger and rogues, i can foresee it.

Powers need to have their CD reduced and recharge between 8-12 secs with improved cast times for Icy terrain - conduit - fireball - steal time - fanningflame. Right now, by the time these powers can do something, all other dps classes that have direct dps and not Dots will have already done the job. Their magnitudes between 170 - 200 feel very low per sec; directed fames + crit confla made this different when they critically hit, but with these changes they are becoming limited to keep up with other powers. Also shard of endless avalanche is an awful power to play with; why don't you change it to something like arcane shards/ comets/ boulders, casting from the sky 3 times in a designated area? rather than what it is now. I add as well that ligtning bolts need its magnitude increased to 200 maybe; in this way the changes are not so impactful and give the player better variety instead of picking same powers for AoE.
  • pyrite#2967 pyrite Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    dolrey said:

If noworries said "Interrupts are not considered CC and do stop CHANNELING abilities" (and it really stop [Dig in] and [Phalanx]). So skills with interrupt should stop channeling skills even with cc immunity.

Then how you can explain to me the fact that [Dazing strike] does not stop [Block]?

a) [Block] has cc immunity
    b) [Block] is channeling skill too

By all written by noworries [Dazing strike] should interrupt [Block] too BUT IT DOES NOT.

This obvious contradiction suggests the fact that noworries missed something.

Unless I totally misunderstood dazing strike interrupt behaviour from reading your previous post, I don't see anything wrong with dazing strike by not interrupting just block.

As I see block:
    a) block is not a channelling ability (0 second cast). You said it is a channelling ability which is probably the key of all this.

and as noworries said:
    b) dazing strike is just an interrupt not a cc ability and interrupts channelling abilities such as "Dig In" and "Phalanx"

thus "block" should not be interrupted by dazing strike which is why it is working as intended.

Also, even if in a hypothetical case dazing strike were considered a cc ability, all fighter mechanics state they are immune to "most" control effects. Note the word most, which can be as ambiguous as you want to.

Again, I hope I didn't misunderstand the whole point of your post. If so, please let me know about it.
  • nnymsnnyms Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Raptor's Instincts (from Tamed Velociraptor companion) doesn't work in party since the last preview patch
    Steps to reproduce:
    1) take two players with Raptor's Instincts
    2) check your power (without party)
    3) create a party
    4) check your power again (with party)
    Result: power won't change
    Expected result: your power should increased additionally by the amount what your companion provides
  • maruda#1373 maruda Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    Mod 18 in a few days, and the tuta still nothing repaired .... there will be another defeat ...

Wizard

Chaos Magic: Activates extremely rarely. Often, throughout the entire fight with the boss does not

activate even once. In addition, not all bonuses from this skill work. Alternate ability (Iced Lightning)

is useless. Doesn't match any builds.

- Rapid recovery: Gain 100% Cooldown Recovery Rate for 5s. And in practice it gives 0% Cooldown Recovery

Rate for 5s.

- Repel: Repel charges 0.09% AP. It is almost 10x less than other skills.

- Directed Flames: Smolder now deals 75% of its total damage instantly when applied but no longer deals

damage over time. And in practice smolder deals 50% of its total damage instantly when applied but no

longer deals damage over time.

- Arcane Singularity: The control effect is so weak that monsters easily run out of the area of skill. Even if a monster sucks, it does not fall in the center of the skill area, only where it managed to run.
  • abuzittinreyizabuzittinreyiz Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    Wizard: Rimefire Weaving feat changed to lower target’s damage resistance by 5% when either smolder or chill is on the target, and by 10% when rimefire is on the target.

does anyone know if the 10% and 5% do stack, or is it up to 10%?
    Post edited by abuzittinreyiz on
  • abuzittinreyizabuzittinreyiz Member Posts: 21 Arc User

Mod 18 in a few days, and the tuta still nothing repaired .... there will be another defeat ...

Wizard

Chaos Magic: Activates extremely rarely. Often, throughout the entire fight with the boss does not

activate even once. In addition, not all bonuses from this skill work. Alternate ability (Iced Lightning)

is useless. Doesn't match any builds.

- Rapid recovery: Gain 100% Cooldown Recovery Rate for 5s. And in practice it gives 0% Cooldown Recovery

Rate for 5s.

- Repel: Repel charges 0.09% AP. It is almost 10x less than other skills.

- Directed Flames: Smolder now deals 75% of its total damage instantly when applied but no longer deals

damage over time. And in practice smolder deals 50% of its total damage instantly when applied but no

longer deals damage over time.

- Arcane Singularity: The control effect is so weak that monsters easily run out of the area of skill. Even if a monster sucks, it does not fall in the center of the skill area, only where it managed to run.

please read the post or class balance adjustments first. chaos magic activation chance is halved, rapid recovery is already working (it actually always worked, maybe it was some visual bug? when that was getting told in the forums a few months ago i checked it and it was working fine). directed flames is nerfed again... thaum will always continue to be dead so dont worry about directed flames nerf xD
    I just spun up a rogue over the holidays until they figure out what they're going to do with wizards. I haven't enjoyed being "thrashed" around each mod. But I do understand why it's happening.

Imho, the way the Wizard class is designed feels much more like a Sorcerer from PnP than a Wizard. Limited Spell selections, Orb for a spell focus, and no spell book mechanic.

In a perfect world, I would like to see the current Wizard renamed to Sorcerer, and a new class 'Wizard' created with a staff for main hand, spell book offhand, and a spellbook mechanic (maybe something similar to ranger's stance switching except the concept being switching pages in a book). Also with a wider selection of spells, even if by the time we reach level 80 we can't learn them all representing a spellbook with a limited number of pages.

Not seriously hoping to ever see that, just a dream. xD

• gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    > @quickfoot#7851 said:
    > I just spun up a rogue over the holidays until they figure out what they're going to do with wizards. I haven't enjoyed being "thrashed" around each mod. But I do understand why it's happening.
    >
    > Imho, the way the Wizard class is designed feels much more like a Sorcerer from PnP than a Wizard. Limited Spell selections, Orb for a spell focus, and no spell book mechanic.
    >
    > In a perfect world, I would like to see the current Wizard renamed to Sorcerer, and a new class 'Wizard' created with a staff for main hand, spell book offhand, and a spellbook mechanic (maybe something similar to ranger's stance switching except the concept being switching pages in a book). Also with a wider selection of spells, even if by the time we reach level 80 we can't learn them all representing a spellbook with a limited number of pages.
    >
    > Not seriously hoping to ever see that, just a dream. xD

It is actually a 4e wizard.
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • derdrakonderdrakon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 25 Arc User

I just spun up a rogue over the holidays until they figure out what they're going to do with wizards. I haven't enjoyed being "thrashed" around each mod. But I do understand why it's happening.

Imho, the way the Wizard class is designed feels much more like a Sorcerer from PnP than a Wizard. Limited Spell selections, Orb for a spell focus, and no spell book mechanic.

In a perfect world, I would like to see the current Wizard renamed to Sorcerer, and a new class 'Wizard' created with a staff for main hand, spell book offhand, and a spellbook mechanic (maybe something similar to ranger's stance switching except the concept being switching pages in a book). Also with a wider selection of spells, even if by the time we reach level 80 we can't learn them all representing a spellbook with a limited number of pages.

Not seriously hoping to ever see that, just a dream. xD

I play a rogue, so my knowledge about the wizard is limited, but the spellbook idea is the best thing I have read so far for the class. Such a thing could make the class really interesting.
  • masterogamasteroga Member Posts: 474 Arc User
    Chilling Advantage hasn't worked since mod 17. It has ZERO effect. Having a feat with zero effect for 4+ months is inexcusable.

> @quickfoot#7851 said:

> I just spun up a rogue over the holidays until they figure out what they're going to do with wizards. I haven't enjoyed being "thrashed" around each mod. But I do understand why it's happening.

>

> Imho, the way the Wizard class is designed feels much more like a Sorcerer from PnP than a Wizard. Limited Spell selections, Orb for a spell focus, and no spell book mechanic.

>

> In a perfect world, I would like to see the current Wizard renamed to Sorcerer, and a new class 'Wizard' created with a staff for main hand, spell book offhand, and a spellbook mechanic (maybe something similar to ranger's stance switching except the concept being switching pages in a book). Also with a wider selection of spells, even if by the time we reach level 80 we can't learn them all representing a spellbook with a limited number of pages.

>

> Not seriously hoping to ever see that, just a dream. xD

It is actually a 4e wizard.

Maybe, but as soon as I picked up and flipped through the 4e rulebooks when they came out, I disliked it immediately, and stuck w/ 3.5e and then 5e, so I'm not really sure about 4e rules or class design at all tbh. I can't explain why I didn't like it, it's like food, you just say "it tastes like ****", you can't really explain why it's bad.

• gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    > @quickfoot#7851 said:
    > (Quote)
    > Maybe, but as soon as I picked up and flipped through the 4e rulebooks when they came out, I disliked it immediately, and stuck w/ 3.5e and then 5e, so I'm not really sure about 4e rules or class design at all tbh. I can't explain why I didn't like it, it's like food, you just say "it tastes like ****", you can't really explain why it's bad.

I played it and to me it's the best one.
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80