Install Arc

sellable purple items on auction house cant be marked as protected

gor1llaf1stgor1llaf1st Member Posts: 139 Arc User
on xbox atleast

Comments

• gor1llaf1stgor1llaf1st Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    same for blue items, this is in inventory on unbound items
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    If i'm understanding you correctly, you're trying to post something on the AH that you have marked as protected?

If so, you can't do that. That's not a bug at all. If you mark something as protected you can not refine it, you can not post it, you can not mail it, etc etc. Protecting it is to prevent you from doing something silly that removes it from your possession. Including, accidentally posting it on the AH.

If you want to post it, remove the protection.
    no, i am trying to protect any purple and blue items in my inventory that arent bound, the option to protect is grayed out
  • arkai#8115 arkai Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    Some purple pack arent able to protect like pet purple pack or mount came from winterfest i just punt on bank the item i want sell 4 the moment
    that is the bug, and its not just winterfest
  • milehighxr#1299 milehighxr Member Posts: 461 Arc User

If i'm understanding you correctly, you're trying to post something on the AH that you have marked as protected?

If so, you can't do that. That's not a bug at all. If you mark something as protected you can not refine it, you can not post it, you can not mail it, etc etc. Protecting it is to prevent you from doing something silly that removes it from your possession. Including, accidentally posting it on the AH.

If you want to post it, remove the protection.

You can in fact refine protected items. I have done so many times with enchants that are protected. Protecting the items just prevents you from mailing(even to toons on same account), or selling the item that is protected.