test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What happend to the pvp DEV? What happend to Changes?

xavior44xavior44 Member Posts: 153 Arc User
Where are you almighty pvp dev.. we seen you once on a livestream and that's about all. Any developer paying even half attention to pvp would have removed kicking from pvp so long ago.... but hey im sure everyone will try pvp again after they get kicked RIGHT?

Comments

• kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    Hi Kalina,

Maybe we will do a PVP thread next. Perhaps one of the designers could help me with it.

Thanks

Chris (The New Producer)

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/comment/13136324

Pvp needs your support folks Plz comment in the CPD thread and vote /support Us Give thumbs up and agrees ..
  • xavior44xavior44 Member Posts: 153 Arc User

Vote kicking is the only mechanic that allows players to combat AFK'ers; people that throw games, and people that in no way shape or form can or are contributing to the game.

In the last group - it's not their fault - it's the way PvP is set up. People have no threshold to hit on their character before combating the highest geared and most experienced among us. It's important we raise issues like this to the Dev's as Kalina says so they address them.

I suggest a non competitive; non ranked solo que for people who are learning as are new to PvP so they aren't thrust into a competitive only Que with BiS veterans who are vying for leaderboard position. This could potentially help both the veteran community in creating more competitive matchups as well as people who are new to PvP and not having a good experience as you describe. Because I promise the this issue is frustrating for everyone affected on both sides of this issue.

Edit: spelling

While I agree there are not enough players to do what your suggesting, also removing kicking is the lesser of two evils... I know it will induce more bots /afkers but at the moment we want more people in pvp .. hell at least bots would make the Q pop and kicking is for sure doing more harm then good
  • quickfoot#7851 quickfoot Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    Something needs to be done, it's too easy to manipulate the leaderboard w/ bots, alts, and a guildies. Pick your poison and run a few of these on your off time, and leave it to probability to drive everyone else down on the leaderboard. Even with Kicking, the time it takes to kick them is enough to lose the match.

You could try and enforce a certain Item level to queue, but then there's the matter of exclusion, and all it does is increase the cost of leaderboard manipulation.

Separate queues (tiers), same ^^.

Make PvP season rewards for Premade queue, queue syncing.

How to solve?

edited January 2020
    Today there was a Meeting / mentioned (in the calling for pvp channel ) .with the Pvp dev and 2 members of the community Robb Pvp and Mini . ...still Waiting to hear how it went ... in forums or in discord ..

this meeting was arranged by Chris the new lead designer ..
    Post edited by kalina311 on
    followup :meeting was put on hold due to dev sickness/being under the weather : P
  • stark760stark760 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 654 Arc User
    Making it IL based is not a bad idea, but people remove bondings and comp equip altogether to act like they are 18-20k. If they removed the IL from companions for people that dont remove on their own, that would help. But I've already seen a few pvp "veterans", have a below 20k IL due to purposely removing the equip so they can say "I'm only 19k and beat you". If they do make the que's seperate, they will take advantage of it any way they can, and try to dominate the lower lvl que with no equip on companions.
  • kiraskytowerkiraskytower Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    stark760 said:

Making it IL based is not a bad idea, but people remove bondings and comp equip altogether to act like they are 18-20k. If they removed the IL from companions for people that dont remove on their own, that would help. But I've already seen a few pvp "veterans", have a below 20k IL due to purposely removing the equip so they can say "I'm only 19k and beat you". If they do make the que's seperate, they will take advantage of it any way they can, and try to dominate the lower lvl que with no equip on companions.

A very good point - if they did implement queues based on item level, we would all need to have a separate "PvP Item Level" which did not count things like companions and companion gear and which used the PvP item level of gear items which have a separate item level for PvP (Star Rover gear for example). They would also need to lock your gear once you had queued to prevent people from changing gear/loadouts in the match to higher item level stuff.
    PandorasMisfits_Logo_175_zpskpytcqxc.png
    Winter Lily (CW) / Winter Rose (DC) / Winter Ivy (HR)
    Pandora's Misfits Guild Leader
  • revovlerjesus1revovlerjesus1 Member Posts: 481 Arc User
    Remove kicking and in the same time remove solo que.
  • quickfoot#7851 quickfoot Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    they need proper tiers. If they base it on IL, simply don't count anything that isn't relevant and disallow equipping anything within a match that would put the player over the limit for that tier, PvP loadouts would help.

• pregnablepregnable Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    LOL, they added vote kicking to pvp...
  • trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited June 2020

Remove kicking and in the same time remove solo que.

The solo queue is the only thing that made pvp remotely playable in the last few years. Don't like it? Don't use it.

Of course, I haven't pvpd in ages. No class balance, more rug-pulling with gear, absolutely no interest in re-learning and re-building since the mod 16 disaster.

Pvp was actually fun before mod 6 when you didn't have to deal with a basement-dwelling obsessive premade party. To rescue it they'd need to wind the game back to mod 2, make pvp a completely separate game with no HP attached to armor (the way it was until that boneheaded idea crept in with mod 5), and undo a long list of bad ideas from the last 5 years.
    Umm, I'm 99% sure that premades did exist before mod 6.
    Mod 5 and 6 are widely considered the beginning of the end for many experienced PVPers. Before that, you had competitive PVP's golden age in this game. Premades pretty much died out somewhere around mod 11 if I remember right. The NCL event did occur durring mod 6, which is looked back on fondly by many veteran PVPers who played in premades.

As for the solo que, it only improved PVP for a short time after it was first introduced. As time went on, more and more issues related to the death of competitive PVP, premades, and almost all premade vs premade matches surfaced. Solo que wasn't the direct cause of this exactly but it did exacerbate the issue and now is the biggest roadblock to reviving anything resembling coordinated teamplay.

Right now, I would be hard pressed to think of a time in this game's history where conditions were this bad for newcommers and undergeared players. Solo que failed to protect the casual players in the end, we have rampant kick voting abuse, the gear gap is huge, PVP still goes too long to get much needed updates and fixes to it, ect. And to top it off, it is much harder to become good at PVP now that everyone can't get consistent practice at coordinated teamplay. Solo que has encouraged an every man for himself mentality and actively prevents us from training people effectively and building a healthy community. Tons of players who want to get better are stuck in a stagnant state where they either don't know how to improve or can't get the opportunities and practice they need to improve.
    Post edited by trgluestickz on
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC