test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Feature Request: Queue Group Voice Chat

I would like to request a new feature, a voice chat for a Queue Group. This would allow groups in Trial content, such as ToMM to coordinate without needing to use 3rd party apps such as Discord, which have their own issue setting up and can often consume too much resources for lower end PC's. I don't know what kind of options console players have, but it might be useful there as well. Party voice chat is is fine for 5 man content, but in trials you often need to communicate with the other party, and typing is not a viable option in many situations.

Thanks,
Xeros

Comments

• sgtpostal#4408 sgtpostal Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    cant say for xbox aint got one but ps4 has the party chat feature on the ps home screen.... all gotta do is start chat invite players (i think like 25 max or so) an then go back to game an play
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    I don't know how well players would use this requested feature. From my experience here on Neverwinter, many PUGs end up with an open mic, kids screaming, radios playing, and people talking in an unknown dialect in the background. I know when I do my PvP weekend over in Fort Aspenwood, a lot of us use Discord and such on a secondary device. I use my cell phone and others have tablets and laptops. This cuts down on greatly on abusing those PC resources. That would be my alternate suggestion.

Remember that adding all that voice data in the game, will consume your bandwidth, and you might experience packet loss or lag? Who knows what else, but I do know that stream alone is consuming something to be produced.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    XB has native party chat and can handle more people than a 10 man raid requires so consoles are all good.
  • quickfoot#7851 quickfoot Member Posts: 488 Arc User

I don't know how well players would use this requested feature. From my experience here on Neverwinter, many PUGs end up with an open mic, kids screaming, radios playing, and people talking in an unknown dialect in the background. I know when I do my PvP weekend over in Fort Aspenwood, a lot of us use Discord and such on a secondary device. I use my cell phone and others have tablets and laptops. This cuts down on greatly on abusing those PC resources. That would be my alternate suggestion.

Remember that adding all that voice data in the game, will consume your bandwidth, and you might experience packet loss or lag? Who knows what else, but I do know that stream alone is consuming something to be produced.

Yeah, I've ran into some random parties with people on open mic saying random stuff, but I'm mostly coming from the pov of a coordinated group. I only really thought about requesting this after not being able to join a ToMM group because I couldn't get discord set up properly. First my phone is old, so my android version is old, and the manufacturer is not updating the os anymore for this device. Second, I started having issues w/ getting discord to work on my laptop, I just couldn't get the mic to work, while it does work in in-game party chat.

Today, for some unknown reason, the game has been very laggy for me. I went over to Well of the Dragons and told them, "Knock it off! I am trying to play over here!" \o/ You know me I never blame things like my ISP or the numerous servers between here and there.
    ... wait is that David Duchovny in your signature? What is he doing there? Never mind. I met Elvis in the game yesterday, the King is everywhere.

Sorry to hear that won't work out for you. Maybe the game developers can hook you up.

wb-cenders.gif
  • quickfoot#7851 quickfoot Member Posts: 488 Arc User

... wait is that David Duchovny in your signature?

Yeah, it's a scene from the X-Files when Mulder eats some magic mushrooms. s10ep5 I believe.

... wait is that David Duchovny in your signature?

Yeah, it's a scene from the X-Files when Mulder eats some magic mushrooms. s10ep5 I believe.
    Extremely Off Topic:
    Sorry to derail the topic, but thanks for the information. My husband and I never got around to watching the "revival episodes" yet. Have Fun! <3
    wb-cenders.gif