test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Please fix the Warlock

Hello,
I have 12 toons and I tried them all and my favorite and my main is the warlock. I have an end game warlock and I hope this conversation will be effective. We got a buff on mod 17 and we will be getting another buff in mod 18 as I heard. Those buffs are by “increasing the magnitude damage”. With all my respect I strongly disagree with this solution.
In my opinion:
- pls give us back the curse. Now clicking R1 is useless to us which made all other classes have an extra useful button or power.
Beside that cursing is from the identity or the main characteristics of the warlock, by adding bk the curse we be getting 2 things. 1- the R1 button curse 2- we can choose dust to to or anything other the ACC.
- pillor power vs hellfire ring. We are already very slow to start making damage. We got a replacement of pillor of power which is another main characteristic and power of the warlock with hellfire ring that take forever to target and cast I addition it makes a DOT damage. Trust me by the time we cast hellfire ring other dps snatched all the mobs.
- Risky investment. I don’t know how to explain this. We r slow to start making damage, hellfire ring has DOT damage and then we need to build stacks. Now beside the time and the damage, warlocks are not a fun class to play imo. Building those stacks and wait to make a single rotation then rebuild those stacks over and over. Warlock are not able to compete with any other DPS class on a ST, and we got the new TOMM dungeon a ST end game dungeon and we CAN NOT run it.
It’s very hard if not saying impossible to build stacks on any dungeon except TOMM. I just wish that risky investment will be removed soon.
- Crit sev. To be able to compete with other dps I would like to suggest increasing the Crit sev, it will works well with the curse bite on an aoe fight. Not ST tho, I can not say anything about ST with this risky investment honestly.
Thanks you and hope the warlock will be fixed soon cz honestly I refuse to play another class. And pls pls I hope to get back the R1 curse

Comments

• tempus86#1158 tempus86 Member Posts: 165 Arc User
    1. Soul Scorch is not useless, if you think it is, then you are not as endgame as you think you are. An 18 spark scorch deals 162 magnitude up front to the main target and 162 magnitude as a radiating DoT including the main target, 27 magnitude per second for 6 seconds after a 1 second delay, for a total of 324 magnitude to the main target. More when you spec into double scorch. It is 10% or more of our total damage, VS the 4.5% damage buff loss to cast it, so not using it, is at least a 5% dps loss

2. Hellfire Ring is just the PoP in its original state but its purple instead of green, where you had to aim it, yes its got a slow cast time, and yes I think it should be quicker, but I still much prefer the target location version, its much more versatile, only thing that should be changed is a slightly quicker cast time, maybe 0.75sec. though a 2second root on enemies in the ring would be nice.

3. Risky investment is way too slow to stack, I agree, and too quick to fall off, and to make it worse, the alternative feat is rubbish. Soul puppet deals around 7-8% of our damage, so a 10% buff to puppet is only a 1% damage increase for us at best, VS a possible 20% encounter buff

4. Increasing Critical Severity solves nothing. Critical Severity only works on Critical hits AND it suffers from diminishing returns, 10% critical severity does NOT increase Critical damage by 10%,
    Increasing Magnitudes by 10% is a flat 10% buff since magnitudes do not suffer from diminishing returns. Bottom line a Magnitude increase is by far the best buff, rather than stats because you are increasing the starting damage in the formula

Yes I also want some warlock changes, but there are already plenty of posts that cover this, that bring actually detail, statistics, and solid reasons why things need to be changed and im sorry, but "Because I don't like it" isn't a solid reason, you are just muddying the water.
  • lucasny888#2576 lucasny888 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    1- thank you for ur comment, yet I’m not going to argue about soul scourge as aoe and if I’m end gamer. If u r running lomm with other good dps I don’t think mobs will wait 6 sec for the DOT damage. Yet, when I said useless, I meant as aoe fast run not as ST.

2- I agree about aiming changes that we got in hellfire ring, yet kindly check the “Bane Encounter” power on paladins beside 480 magnitude damage and casting time, it has a great mechanism

4- Crit sev.... depending on ur weapon enchanting as aoe. If ur using vorpal yes it might be useless cz of the critical hit but it works good with other weapons enchantment and again as aoe.
  • xavior44xavior44 Member Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    I got 295k dps without overloads or mount powers on a port dummy with 5 minute parses, on my warlock.. I have no complaints atm other then the soul puppet dying to often. HMU ingame perhaps I can give u a few tips @xavior44 , and as for lomm well perhaps we can run together and again ill give you a few pointers..because we excel in there