test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

CDP Topic: Game Content Accessibility

Comments

• burnahbros#7516 burnahbros Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    I already put my top three but just wanted to echo others suggestion of having better tool tips that more clearly explain to all players what does what. An example would be the companions, as it stands players need to go to outside sources to find out if the companion they want to purchase has a offensive, defensive, or utility bonus. Also it would be nice if each time you load into a zone the game would explain to the player what stats are needed to combat the enemies in the zone. It would also be helpful if this information was accessible through the pause menu as someone suggested in an encyclopedia. This would all fall under my #2.) Clearer path for new players, but really it should be the top.
  • mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User

Part 2:

I proposed such a system in a post I made earlier, here:

Another design which could work is a PVE leaderboard system, with dungeons that allow you to gradually increase their difficulty. Each time you complete a harder version, it allows you to run another version which is even more scaled. At the end of the month, the team which gets the furthest is given a reward. At the start of a month, players have the option to "check in" with a team which they will compete in for that month. In addition to the reward for getting deeper, crafting materials can be awarded from monsters. Increasing the difficulty increases the quantity of drops. This incentivizes people more casual to involve themselves in the system, even if they have no interest in competing for number 1.

To close off my thoughts on scaling, the problem with it is definitely with the scaling of the players and not the scaling of enemies, which causes it to leave a bad taste in people's mouth. Furthermore, not everything should be scaled. Campaign zones have no reason to be.
    Not practical since most players do not run with same team all the time not even same 10 players. That means players Will not be able to form a party to run the content at your difficulty level
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User

1. Rewards
    introduce the "tarokka" cards for dungeons, etc.

I'm a huge fan of this suggestion, and it has been suggested a number of times, going at least as far back as @hastur905 's "Bubbles" video back in 2018: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XHXLdRGeiI
    This would be a great way to enhance dungeon rewards, allow players to manage their own difficulty, open a progression system for earning better rewards from the same dungeons, as well as open revenue opportunities for "cards".

Was mentioned in alliance before hastur mentioned it
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

sobi#1980 said:

sobi#1980 said:

Personally I don't like this idea. A large part of the players I see around like doing solo stuff. Building the campaign inside a dungeon will take that part away. Dungeons put pressure on people. There should also be a place for a more relaxed style.

@sobi#1980 responding to the post directly above mine

I'm probably alone on this one in the forums but I think maybe there are a lot that do agree with me in game, but i HATE the holy trinity. I prefered the way it was with lifesteal, buff/debuff before personally. but a HUGE margin. I don't want to be a healer. I don't want the hate they get if they're doing their job or not. I don't want to be a tank because of the hate they get, whether they are doing their job or not. and I think a lot of people are with me there. it was one of the things that made this particular mmo stick out from the rest in a very good way. now not so much for just so many reasons. it's the reason that heals and tanks are a little harder to come by. like 3% actually LIKE playing those classes. many people actually liked being buff debuff. and as a dps I really dislike depending on heals to heal me. I like playing with other people but I dislike my health being reliant on them.

I'm with you to a certain extent. In the early stages of this game damage was not that heavy compared to the overall hit points of a typical DPS or tank. As a DPS I could rely on potions for my healing most if the time. The healer had less focus on healing and could do other things like pushing enemies or buffing with ease (healer meant Cleric at the time).

Then lifesteal took over and that was bad. I remember groups of 5 DPS steamrolling dungeons because they were able to outheal any damage while dealing massive damage at the same time. And they were even able to do door-to-door pulls. That's the main reason why mod 6 had to do a complete rehaul of the system.

Personally I'd like to go back to the first system, with less damage, less healing and more use of potions. Nowadays only a tank can get a hit from a boss. This means that the strategy in combat is always the same: tank has to get boss' agro. My suggestion to the dev team would be to go back to mod1-mod2 and play the old epic dungeons. That was Neverwinter at its best.
    you are one of the few that like being heals apparently. the part of the game you dislike is the part i liked best. potions are no good imo. especially with the cooldowns. lifesteal was awesome. heals pushing enemies is also one of the GREAT banes of dps. as I recall heals would get kicked for that particular sin.
    If people would pick up the heals when they go down, then they wouldn't have to send the mobs flying, after stealing aggro from a bad tank...
  • cwhitesidedev#9752 cwhitesidedev Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 253 Cryptic Developer
    Morning All,

Quick reminder to please stay on topic for this phase. If it looks like we are at the conclusion of this phase then we will close the thread in preparation for the summary and proposal at which time the thread will be opened again for any refining of the proposal. I will check back later.

Chris
  • quickfoot#7851 quickfoot Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    Everyone saying grinding boons is long and not worth it, that might be true for the first time through, but this last x2 campaigns event before Christmas, I made a new toon, applied all the campaign signets to him, and got all the boons in a week, except for Underdark, the last one from SKT, last one from ToD, and AI.

While it is true that the boons really don't add much to your character individually, as a whole, if you have them all, it does, sorta, but you could have no boons, and be geared, and run everything, so yeah.

Also, I think leveling should take much more time, like at least 2+ months of grinding, not 2 days. And getting almost all the boons in a week, is a joke. It should take much longer. If it did take a lot longer, older content would be more viable. People would have to use older gear for longer, which would make it more valuable, which would make older content worth running for end gamers. Some might not agree, but I'm just typing as I think, so sorry if it's a little cluttered, I hope you get the idea.

• thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User

Everyone saying grinding boons is long and not worth it, that might be true for the first time through, but this last x2 campaigns event before Christmas, I made a new toon, applied all the campaign signets to him, and got all the boons in a week, except for Underdark, the last one from SKT, last one from ToD, and AI.

While it is true that the boons really don't add much to your character individually, as a whole, if you have them all, it does, sorta, but you could have no boons, and be geared, and run everything, so yeah.

Also, I think leveling should take much more time, like at least 2+ months of grinding, not 2 days. And getting almost all the boons in a week, is a joke. It should take much longer. If it did take a lot longer, older content would be more viable. People would have to use older gear for longer, which would make it more valuable, which would make older content worth running for end gamers. Some might not agree, but I'm just typing as I think, so sorry if it's a little cluttered, I hope you get the idea.

levelling is not fun though. and the old content is not fun. if it took longer far fewer would make it to end game. I think i'd have quit. I don't know how you managed to get all the boons in a week even with 2x. holy guacamole. I've never managed faster than a month. so with a 2x that would be 2 weeks. I really doubt a new comer would figure out the tips and tricks to do it that fast. imo they need to just get rid of all the old levelling content. or have it as some kind of legacy thing ppl can go back and do if they want to for some kind of special fashion gear or some other reward. those old quests and even the campaigns are just not fun to do though. not fun at all.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    edited January 2020

levelling is not fun though. and the old content is not fun. if it took longer far fewer would make it to end game. I think i'd have quit. I don't know how you managed to get all the boons in a week even with 2x. holy guacamole. I've never managed faster than a month. so with a 2x that would be 2 weeks. I really doubt a new comer would figure out the tips and tricks to do it that fast. imo they need to just get rid of all the old levelling content. or have it as some kind of legacy thing ppl can go back and do if they want to for some kind of special fashion gear or some other reward. those old quests and even the campaigns are just not fun to do though. not fun at all.
    I disagree, the most fun I ever had in the game besides PVP, was my first time leveling, I just wish the story was more in-depth and immersive. When the game started to suck, was when I got to 70 and everything became monotonous and nothing but grinding for ad so I can run that new shiny dungeon.
    you are the only person I've ever talked to who said something like that. just sayin is all. for me the fun is in the newer content. I am goal oriented. grinding for something with a purpose is fun. I like chasing carrots. i also like making ad. I enjoyed fishing (yeah I know it's just me there) I enjoyed the chultan hunts. fishing and chult are what allowed me to go from casual to end game. I spent my time farming and trading and was able to trade up in gear to be viable to go on and be one of the first waves to complete the barovian dungeon and trade up even more from that.

I didn't really enjoy the barovian hunts. we started getting too close to participation trophies there for my liking and the rewards were in the meh category. as long as I could make ad I kept doing the chultan hunts right thru the barovian ones. I barely touched hunts in barovia. I enjoy new dungeons with some challenge and some kind of rare carrot to chase that I can use and make a profit off of. the barovian dungeon was awesome at first. those sweet sweet shards of prominence. as it moves more towards participation trophies grinding for stuff has become unrewarding.

I dislike that pc gets to do and learn all the things before we get it. we never have that chance of discovery of figuring out mechanics. already have to follow guides. there are times I do appreciate not having to do the frustrating parts myself.. but really it's a disappointment for the console. One of my best gaming experiences was in destiny with the croata raid. we were in there for hours figuring it out. it was a lot of fun. we spent like 24 hours straight in there (small guild of like 15 people we traded out as people came online. finally got it done. it was a huge feeling of accomplishment. I may be off on the time spent but I remember going sleepless over it) that's something console will never have. even now with never being able to do it first the accomplishment of being first on console was ripped away by a pc gamer coming over to console. it bites.

when i first started this game I didn't enjoy the opening quests but after some reading figured out there was more to it and the rest of the game was very different. so I pushed thru. if I had thought the whole game was going to be like the opening missions I'd not have stuck around. when i first started well of dragons was still the new hotness. I spent about 2 months doing nothing but farming dragon runs for neck and waist pieces and doing tia. I really enjoyed that part of it.
    Post edited by thefiresidecat on
  • jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    1. (Better) accessability for players with disabilities.
    2. Rewards; what was pointed out already + looking closely at indivdual dungeon rewards since everything that isn't new or RQ is not interesting now. Imo: a Pool of possible rewards connected (no matter how old the dungeon it deserves relevant rewards depending on difficulty) to the tier/difficulty of the dungeon and/or tarokka-card-system (I really like this idea, but thats just me, I love barovia hunt system)
    3. Tier Versions of Dungeons (or story versions, solo versions, introduction of mechanics earlier like others posted (if it has an impact and is unskipable in the campaign/quest situation it is a part of AND explained in a way similar to CN), closely associated with 2.
    - bye bye -
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    edited January 2020
    Thread is now officially closed. Thank you all!

EDIT: Thread will re-open for a short time for additional comments when proposal is posted on Wednesday.
    Post edited by nitocris83 on
This discussion has been closed.