test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Winter Festival standards were not kept

daviar1daviar1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 17 Arc User
This winter festival has not stood up to previous winter festivals or failed to meet basic gaming expectations for the following reasons:

1) There was no "daily free gift" during zenith. When we saw this, it killed the mood. People who played a previous festival already have the winter wolf. So this is no benefit except to the newest of players. Even then, at best it's just a "skin" and not any kind of upgrade. This really killed the spirit of giving.

2) Having same gear in the gifts that we already are overwhelmed of when running undermountain. Very disappoint to see the same "blackened Jaw" gear we get everywhere else.

3) Having all stuff from lanterns bound to character..anyone's who's had 4 or 5 of the same character bound companion knows the waste of this. Maybe have an inventory check so you don't end up destroying so many mounts and companion. I'm not saying have them unbound, but BTA (this is a severe problem and really kills the fun).

4) Lag. it makes it unplayable and not fun at all. This would be an awesome event if the lag would just be dealt with. When you can't play events or rubberband, it's really frustrating. I run a ROG STRIX and had enough lag daily to be pissed. Those with less powerful had it even worse. (Critical killer of fun, causing some just to give up on content entirely)

5) Listen to player feed back. The issues of lag, or for example, the pumpkins that are broken during the holloween festival has been complained about for years. Additionally, after events, quests don't clear out of journal, and they sometimes can't be abandoned. These are all very frustrating and continuing issues. As they've been ignored for years, it's clear the dev's have no intent to fix this to improve player experience.
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,218 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    The problem is they kept the "standard" except the free gift part.

#2, #3, #4 and even #5 (for not listening) are their "standard".

*** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    Well, i wasn't really surprised to see that the bug (bound to character from a Starlight Parcel) with the Neverwinter Champion's Charger was still around, even when i'm pretty sure it has been reported several times over the years.

6. no in game rewards for charging ZEN

7. a 20% seasonal sale, that should have been a 40% sale

8. a 30% flash sale, that should have been a 50% sale

9. legendary Tenser Disk was (and still is...) advertised with a rather confusing time frame
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11322913-legendary-tenser's-disk-in-zen-market
    and i think the mount was also removed earlier from the shop again too

10. the "re-release" of expedition packs
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11322983-expedition-packs-re-release
    bad enough that those hollowed packs were "time limited" to pressure players into buying them during the lowest seasonal sale we have seen around here, regular coupons offer a 25% discount on all packs, but did you really had to remove items that made those packs actually worth buying?!
    and when you have the time to cherry-pick the good stuff out of the packs, why didn't you also update their shop pictures to account for those changes too?

11. the return of the legendary mounts lottery boxes

12. some players were reporting that the Simril's Holiday Helper companion bonus was messing with the drop rate of other items during gifting... how's that even possible?
    Post edited by regenerde on
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    wamlgon#8772 wamlgon Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    > @plasticbat said:
    > That cannot compare with I dumped a BtC Forgehammer in the past.

I feel this pain, I did get a hammer on my main crafting toon, but I also got one on my barb alt, who hasn’t even seen Knox about the workshop....
  • Options
    edited January 2020

> @plasticbat said:

I feel this pain, I did get a hammer on my main crafting toon, but I also got one on my barb alt, who hasn’t even seen Knox about the workshop....

That is no pain. Just turn your barb alt to be a crafting toon.
    You don't know how much better with 2 (or more) characters with a hammer each.
    I do and it worked well.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited January 2020

> @plasticbat said:

I do and it worked well.
    The real pain is buying a forgehammer at a winter fest low (it was what, 6 mil last year) because it never got one, then getting one, and THEN you can just buy tools that do the same for real cheap AD (or craft them for even less) I think we can spin this forever :D:D

(And no, I never got a "free" forgehammer. I just bought it. How idiotic)
    - bye bye -
  • Options
    edited January 2020

> @plasticbat said:

I do and it worked well.
    The real pain is buying a forgehammer at a winter fest low (it was what, 6 mil last year) because it never got one, then getting one, and THEN you can just buy tools that do the same for real cheap AD (or craft them for even less) I think we can spin this forever :D:D

(And no, I never got a "free" forgehammer. I just bought it. How idiotic)
    During this winter festival, the hammer was 1.5x million. I tempted to get one more but I decide not to spend even more time to profession. I already have 2 toons carrying 'free' forgehammer. I also know I probably will not sell it when I should (like many other stuff). Anyway, I checked last night, it was 2.5 million.
  • Options
    thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    Forgehammers aren't worth anything anymore. May be asking that much but you can craft more powerful tools now. I wish you could break down duplicate pets for gold or a comp token
  • Options

Forgehammers aren't worth anything anymore. May be asking that much but you can craft more powerful tools now. I wish you could break down duplicate pets for gold or a comp token

Can we craft over 600/600? I can only craft 575/575 tools.
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    Forgehammer at mythic is still 25/25 better than Cobalt/Chestnut/Etc... +1. It's nice to have but not the level of 'better' that it used to be.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    pitshade said:

Forgehammer at mythic is still 25/25 better than Cobalt/Chestnut/Etc... +1. It's nice to have but not the level of 'better' that it used to be.

Thanks. I only reached MW 3. Hence, I don't know if MW 4,5 have better tools to offer.
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Masterwork-made tools top out at 525/525 and the Legendary tools at 550/550 so the new crafted tools are better than either.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    -
    Post edited by jules#6770 on
    - bye bye -