test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Alpha Compy - Compy's Instincts not giving full bonus after changing maps

jantasjantas Member Posts: 11 Arc User
At legendary, the Compy's Instincts should give 5% bonus power. On my ranger without the Compy my power is 193504 with no buffs. After slotting the Compy's Instincts, my power goes up to 203175 which is 5% more. But when I change maps my power drops to 198668 which is only a 2.67% increase instead of 5%. If I unslot and reslot the Compy's Instincts my power goes back up to 203175.

I did file a bug report about this in game but the Bug Report number never appeared in chat.

Comments

• jimmypdtjimmypdt Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    > @jantas said:
    > At legendary, the Compy's Instincts should give 5% bonus power. On my ranger without the Compy my power is 193504 with no buffs. After slotting the Compy's Instincts, my power goes up to 203175 which is 5% more. But when I change maps my power drops to 198668 which is only a 2.67% increase instead of 5%. If I unslot and reslot the Compy's Instincts my power goes back up to 203175.
    >
    > I did file a bug report about this in game but the Bug Report number never appeared in chat.

It's an ongoing bug since mod 16. The dev's know. I hope.

All the best,
    OPTank_
  • wilbur626wilbur626 Member Posts: 1,019 Arc User
    The same goes for the Hell Pit overloads that have +5% stats. Extremely annoying bug that needs fixing, @skingdev#1102
    Elite Whaleboy
  • kranky#1106 kranky Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    Yes spent money for compy because have not been playing very long and now it is huge hassle to actually use it. If been a bug since 2016 why is there all this new content but old issues that should of been addressed before moving on? This is why long term players quit supporting or leave the game. Because it seems devs just do not care to fix issues they just want new ways to gain income. But yet they sure didnt wait to nerf demo set.... To force ppl to switch to modern sets.....
  • bigman99#8273 bigman99 Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    It has not been a bug since 2016, but since MOD 16 released in the spring of 2019, but it definitely should have been fixed before issuing the expedition pack again.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    everyone is out til the 2nd. hopefully we will hear something then. I have ten compys. I have a vested interest in this lol
  • ifantomen#9905 ifantomen Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 31 Arc User
    I had no idea this companion was bugged when i spent my zen buying the pack in store.
    Being met by this glitch is really annoying if you spend money on the game, especially knowing it has been bugged for THAT long!

Why add it back into the store, knowing it's not working as intended and will cause alot of annoyance to new players picking it up?
    I didn't realize it was still broken for the first 5 I bought. I bought the second five anyway. its irritating and a pia but the bis players are still using it. just have to get good at the switch really fast. hopefully a fix is inbound.
    to the above comments. another bug I believe was fixed with the alpha. it used to be there was some problem with the compy summoning other compies that was fixed. I think this other bug may be a newish one.
  • skingdev#1102 skingdev Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 77 Cryptic Developer
    Hmmmm...... Both dev and QA on our side have not been able to reproduce this one internally. We have not given up, but is there any more information ya'll can give us? Anything helps.

Let us know

- SKing
  • reeper#9973 reeper Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    How can it not be reproduced when literally everybody has this exact same issue with the Alpha Compy?
  • jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited January 2020

How can it not be reproduced when literally everybody has this exact same issue with the Alpha Compy?

Just try again.
    So. I have no idea what the deal is with alpha compy, but my brother has one, so I asked him if I could check it out on his account:
    Standing in Yawning after login, compy on utility: 65541 power (no laughs, he stopped playing a while ago)
    Reequipped the comp(y): 66578
    Switched instance: 65541 power
    Power without compy: 63408, +5% = 66578

Is this wrong? What do I know. First time I have touched a compy!

How did you try to reproduce this in QA?
    My steps:
    1) login -> wrong power count
    2) unequip compy from utility slot, reequip it, right power count
    3) switch instance, at 1) again.
    - bye bye -
  • ifantomen#9905 ifantomen Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 31 Arc User

Hmmmm...... Both dev and QA on our side have not been able to reproduce this one internally. We have not given up, but is there any more information ya'll can give us? Anything helps.

Let us know

- SKing

This is something that should be noticeable once equipped and moving instance. Again, this is for the companions equipped power "compy's instincts". Once you have it slotted, you see the increase in power, as intended. But as soon as you change instance, port to a dungeon etc.. it no longer gives the full stat bonus. Only way to get this back is to re-equip the power to your utility slot. And this has to be done EVERY single time you go somewhere. I have personally stopped bothering with mine, but would be nice for it to get fixed before or with M18.
    edited January 2020
    nm
    edited January 2020

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AvJfb0rEdWx6ghXNNwoZJlkcOWI5
    hopefully that works. my base power here is 172k. 8600 is 5% going to a new zone brings it to 176000 unequipping and reequipping brings it to 180000 (approx) so it seems to be 2.5 instead of 5% when moving between zones. it doesn't come back until you unequip and reequip.

I tried the embed feature but it disappears. this below, had brackets on either end <> I took them off because leaving them on caused it to disappear? can anyone help with why it won't embed? (I am a total luddite when it comes to this webstuff)

iframe src="https://onedrive.live.com/embed?cid=7A6C75C44A6F5FF2&amp;resid=7A6C75C44A6F5FF2!277&amp;authkey=AFL5iAPTIdFwVeA" width="320" height="181" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" allowfullscreen></iframe
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,182 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    Judy mentioned in the stream today that they have a fix in the internal version. Don't shoot the messenger if it is not exactly true (since this contradicts the dev above).
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    > @skingdev#1102 said:
    > Alrighty! We figured it out.
    >
    > It turns out a dev fixed a different issue internally that also fixed this issue. Hence us not seeing this internally but you all seeing it Live. The good news being, we have a fix! You should see it hopefully in the next patch, but we may miss the cut off so we'll have to wait until the next, next patch. We are going to confirm this issue fixed on live once we release the fix

So true in scheduling for console too?
  • cts2000#2706 cts2000 Member Posts: 86 Arc User

Alrighty! We figured it out.

It turns out a dev fixed a different issue internally that also fixed this issue. Hence us not seeing this internally but you all seeing it Live. The good news being, we have a fix! You should see it hopefully in the next patch, but we may miss the cut off so we'll have to wait until the next, next patch. We are going to confirm this issue fixed on live once we release the fix. If I blow it and you don't hear from me, ping me and I'll follow up.

I got your back
    -SKing

Thanks for following up with this and will definitely be keeping track of how this one ends up.
  • demenoss#9306 demenoss Member Posts: 205 Arc User

It turns out a dev fixed a different issue internally that also fixed this issue. Hence us not seeing this internally but you all seeing it Live. The good news being, we have a fix! You should see it hopefully in the next patch, but we may miss the cut off so we'll have to wait until the next, next patch. We are going to confirm this issue fixed on live once we release the fix. If I blow it and you don't hear from me, ping me and I'll follow up.

I got your back
    -SKing

LOL That would explain why you guys couldn't see it... Thanks for the info!
    Guild: Noble Misfits
    Silky Pan'teeze: Drow Wizard --- Madres de Nasae: Half-elf Rouge
    Kepler: Human Paladin --- Demenoss: Dragonborn Barbarian
    Divine Pan'teeze: Drow Cleric --- Nikki Sharparrow: Human Ranger
    edited January 2020

I got your back
    -SKing

Where the heck are my keys, I'm gonna be late for work and I can't find them anywhere!
    Have you checked your pocket?
    .....Thank you.

And TY @skingdev#1102 for being doggedly determined to find out what exactly was happening.
    Now, where did I put my keys?
  • milehighxr#1299 milehighxr Member Posts: 461 Arc User

I got your back
    -SKing

You folks should be verifying our complaints on the live server, or on a console where the complaint came from(xbox/ps4). Checking for bugs on an internal server that has fixes on it that haven't gone live doesn't make much sense.
  • sekosek#5740 sekosek Member Posts: 120 Arc User

I got your back
    -SKing

@skingdev#1102
    Thank your for your response, glad to hear its getting a fix.

Can you guys also look at how the bonus works? Because many players are exploiting/bugging its bonus by removing and requipping it again when they have increased power from ebony, primal stacks and tenser power and some other stuff. This way they are getting more power than it supposed to give. Somehow it doesnt calculate on base power. It should be constant like Watermelon Sorbet food buff.
  • quickfoot#7851 quickfoot Member Posts: 488 Arc User

I got your back
    -SKing

You folks should be verifying our complaints on the live server, or on a console where the complaint came from(xbox/ps4). Checking for bugs on an internal server that has fixes on it that haven't gone live doesn't make much sense.
    They should probably do both if they're not sure if a recent fix not on live yet has already fixed an issue.

Its now the past the " next, next patch" date, can we get some confirmation this will be brought live for Mod 18
    @skingdev#1102 ?
    Sorry, a bit of a hectic week for QA. We will verify this fix live on Tuesday when M18 launches next week.

- SKing
  • reddevilbsreddevilbs Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 84 Arc User

Sorry, a bit of a hectic week for QA. We will verify this fix live on Tuesday when M18 launches next week.

- SKing

@skingdev#1102 mmm I can't see anything in patch notes for M18, regarding Alpha compy. Any news?
    edited January 2020
    Logged on and its active!! Unfortunately once you cross "zone" lines or instances it reverts to the original, lesser number. So Fixed at login, reverts once you change zones.
    We've confirmed our fix didn't 'fix' the issue on the live side. We've re-opened the issue internally and will look at getting a fix in an upcoming patch.

- SKing
  • cts2000#2706 cts2000 Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited January 2020

We've confirmed our fix didn't 'fix' the issue on the live side. We've re-opened the issue internally and will look at getting a fix in an upcoming patch.

- SKing

Soooo what are we looking at, realistically, here....another 6 - 8 months then? You can now add the Tamed Velociraptor to that list, since your 'fix' for that broke it as well....smh

Sorry, I know you are trying, but c'mon man, in any other job if people cannot actually DO the job effectively, they get replaced by people who can. Referring to the actual programmers here, not QA. You know at some point, maybe it would be wise to just admit that some of them are just not up to the task of runnng this game. This is in no way a knock on them personally, it's just common sense I would think. No?