test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Items bound from winter fest gifts

So up until today when I opened the bag gift of simril(the ones that look like lockboxes when you pick them up), everything, and I mean everything was either unbound, or BtA at worst on pickup. This goes for items from the starlight parcels as well, all BtA at worst. Today across 3 toons doing gift groups everything, pres wards, comps, battle horns, all of it was BtC on pickup. It would be really nice if every drop throughout the game whether it is a chest, gift group drop, dungeon reward etc... was unbound so we could trade sell the stuff we don't want for the stuff we do. At worst nothing should be more than BtA, even on equip.

What is it that determines when things are suddenly bound, when 2 days ago opening the same item yielded unbound items? Do I need to dangle chicken bones over my xbox to get everything unbound? LOL

Comments

• thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    stuff you open from the zen store is unbound or sometimes boa. stuff in gift groups is always bound to char except for a few rare examples. I personally wish that the gifts themselves, the ones you give to others were boa so you at least could just put everything on one toon. having to jump back and forth is a pia. if you could sell everything you got from the gift groups stuff would be near free on the ah (and most of the things that drop from the bags already are near free on the ah anyway) I'm fine with boc myself. I jsut wish the gifts were boa. :)
  • zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User
    edited December 2019

So up until today when I opened the bag gift of simril(the ones that look like lockboxes when you pick them up), everything, and I mean everything was either unbound, or BtA at worst on pickup. This goes for items from the starlight parcels as well, all BtA at worst. Today across 3 toons doing gift groups everything, pres wards, comps, battle horns, all of it was BtC on pickup. It would be really nice if every drop throughout the game whether it is a chest, gift group drop, dungeon reward etc... was unbound so we could trade sell the stuff we don't want for the stuff we do. At worst nothing should be more than BtA, even on equip.

What is it that determines when things are suddenly bound, when 2 days ago opening the same item yielded unbound items? Do I need to dangle chicken bones over my xbox to get everything unbound? LOL

The gifts you get from the giftmaster coupon and zen store purchases have unbound items when opened. The ones you get from gift groups contain bound items. Always been that way.
  • milehighxr#1299 milehighxr Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    zephyriah said:

The gifts you get from the giftmaster coupon and zen store purchases have unbound items when opened. The ones you get from gift groups contain bound items. Always been that way.
    Can't be, as the pres wards, comps, and mounts I got from the starlight parcels were unbound, but the retraining token packs I got from the starlight parcels are bound account(what is the trigger for bound or not?). Everything I have gotten from gift groups today was bound character(pres wards, mounts, comps). I'll pay closer attention to what is bound or not when I open stuff tomorrow, or later tonight, but I'm pretty sure that the gift group I did yesterday any comps tokens, or mounts I got were unbound, or BtA at worst.

On another note, the retraining token packs you buy from Sybella(also bound account) have a slightly different description than the retraining token packs from starlight parcels. This makes it so they don't stack. But that's for the bug reports ain't it...

I still maintain that it should all be tradeable, who cares if it brings the prices on the AH down to near free, that would be a good thing IMHO. Same goes for the gifts of simril from the starlight parcels. I haven't gotten anything that I feel is earth shattering for any of my toons to make the whole exercise worth the effort IMHO...
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    Retraining tokens/packs: eat them. They take up less storage space that way and you still have them.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    edited December 2019

zephyriah said:

Can't be, as the pres wards, comps, and mounts I got from the starlight parcels were unbound, but the retraining token packs I got from the starlight parcels are bound account(what is the trigger for bound or not?). Everything I have gotten from gift groups today was bound character(pres wards, mounts, comps). I'll pay closer attention to what is bound or not when I open stuff tomorrow, or later tonight, but I'm pretty sure that the gift group I did yesterday any comps tokens, or mounts I got were unbound, or BtA at worst.

On another note, the retraining token packs you buy from Sybella(also bound account) have a slightly different description than the retraining token packs from starlight parcels. This makes it so they don't stack. But that's for the bug reports ain't it...

I still maintain that it should all be tradeable, who cares if it brings the prices on the AH down to near free, that would be a good thing IMHO. Same goes for the gifts of simril from the starlight parcels. I haven't gotten anything that I feel is earth shattering for any of my toons to make the whole exercise worth the effort IMHO...
    Retraining tokens are BTA in the purchased gifts. They work differently than those in game. You do not actually get the tokens from the gifts. You get a bta package than contains 3 tokens. Those tokens inside become btc when opened. Don't know if that makes the difference.

I agree that the bound stuff makes little sense, but after being this way for 6 festivals now and the change being requested every year, I don't expect it will change anytime soon.
    zephyriah said:

zephyriah said:

Retraining tokens are BTA in the purchased gifts. They work differently than those in game. You do not actually get the tokens from the gifts. You get a bta package than contains 3 tokens. Those tokens inside become btc when opened. Don't know if that makes the difference.

I agree that the bound stuff makes little sense, but after being this way for 6 festivals now and the change being requested every year, I don't expect it will change anytime soon.
    The difference I am talking about is a spelling difference on xbox between the retraining tokens bought from Sybella with the symbols of savras, and the ones gained from starlight parcels.

@greywynd Not gonna equip them until I need to, I've already accidentally burned up a free retrain on one toon(my fault, got punchy with the cotroller buttons), and I know his numbers are different than what I had before. Not taking the risk of burning up more retrain tokens when I don't know which toons I want to retrain, or when I may want to do so, or even if I do...
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    I've got about 50 in 2 different stacks in my bank. Any I get now get added to whoever happened to get them.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    edited December 2019

zephyriah said:

zephyriah said:

The difference I am talking about is a spelling difference on xbox between the retraining tokens bought from Sybella with the symbols of savras, and the ones gained from starlight parcels.
    Can't say I noticed a spelling difference, but afaik the reason they do not stack together is that the gifts wrapper is bta and I thought (been a long time since I redeemed from her) the things from Sybella are BTC. I'll look for a character that has some savras to check later.

Edit:I'm wrong, The token pack is bta from Sybella. The stone of health, grey horse and Globe are btc and minstrel unbound.
    Post edited by zephyriah on
    Item really need to be unbound form the gifts of simril. I got a rimefire golem, and mooshae druid that I already have on my paladin today. If the items aren't going to be unbound, at least add a check in the calculations for the drop tables so that items I already have don't drop. When I get items that are BtC on pickup and its something I already have it feels like I'm wasting my time on things that should be rewarding.