test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Heroic Encounter QOL Request

In some zones Heroic Encounters have a countdown timer showing when the next HE will start (Neverdeath, Rothé Valley, Dragon Heralds, etc.). Can this be done in all zones? Since legacy campaigns were 2x currency I ran through most of them. In Chult the wait for HEs was unpredictable. Considering the quest is to complete an HE it would be great if they spawned regularly.
Froger - Barbarian - Original Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
Jade - Cleric - Healer Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
Magnus - Fighter - 3rd main to be a tank - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
Loverboy - Ranger - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
Nomnomnommm - Wizard - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
I Am The Wall - Paladin - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
Xeros - Rogue - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
RIP bad name - Warlock - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
Bardholomew - Bard - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
Sirona - Cleric - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone

Jade - DC - Shadows of Gauntlgrym - PC

Comments

• riddler81#1437 riddler81 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    Although you cannot see the timer, all Epic HEs in Chult and Barovia spawn 1hr after last completed or failed
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    The point is: that timer should be visible to the players.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • froger#9967 froger Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    I've run this campaign on two toons and had no idea how often it spawned. In a lot of other zones it doesn't matter because there are always HEs up. But having quests tied to HE completion makes it frustrating when you have no clue how long you must sit in an instance before it spawns. The reality is not many players are in legacy zones, recently there have been one or two instances. It's not like when the campaign first dropped and you could hop instances non-stop for HEs.
    Barovia is another zone where a counter would be nice for Yester Hill. Showing the timer gives players a chance to plan their play time more efficiently.
    Froger - Barbarian - Original Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Jade - Cleric - Healer Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Magnus - Fighter - 3rd main to be a tank - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Loverboy - Ranger - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Nomnomnommm - Wizard - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    I Am The Wall - Paladin - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    Xeros - Rogue - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    RIP bad name - Warlock - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Bardholomew - Bard - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Sirona - Cleric - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone

Jade - DC - Shadows of Gauntlgrym - PC
  • milehighxr#1299 milehighxr Member Posts: 461 Arc User

Although you cannot see the timer, all Epic HEs in Chult and Barovia spawn 1hr after last completed or failed

This doesn't help when there is no one around to say "We just finished the HE 20 min ago"...

This is another example of info that either should be on the map in the form of a timer, or a location based timer like the Rituals in River District. Having the info on when HEs start in Well of Dragons also should be in an in game encyclopedia, I've been playing for 2yrs give or take, and only recently discovered that they occur at 1/4 till the hour...