test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Easy/Strong Ranged DPS Class to level to end game ?

drakeos99drakeos99 Member Posts: 393 Arc User
So what is current;y most easiest class to level to end game that can do well in parties and pve to end game ?
Drakeos Lightblade - Human - Oathbound Paladin (Protection) (MAIN)
Drakeos Shadowbow - 60 Combat Pathfinder Hunter Ranger (Alt/retired)
Falados - Drow (Mez) Level 60 Trickster Rogue - Offically retired
Drakeos - Drow (Mez) Scourge Warlock/Druid (retired)

Comments

• Options
    blargskullblargskull Member Posts: 514 Arc User
    Fast Answer: Anything you start today can and will be altered by the time you get the character up to level 80.

Some wizard skills are being reduced in module 18 (January 21st) you can look that information up on this forum. This doesn't mean players will toss out their wizards. They will get free rebuilds for them when module 18 gets to live, and they will need to drop certain skill sets for others.

Rangers are pretty good being they work as both ranged and melee fighters. They use tab button to swap power sets from fighting rogue like with blades to using the bow. I don't use a ranger for the following reasons; they never stay locked in the stance, while they have both skill sets they come off weaker than both ranged DPS and melee DPS, and they just don't appeal to me as something I desire to play.

Warlocks use to have lifesteal but that ability has been removed since module 16. It makes playing a warlock a huge challenge. They seem very squishy even at level 80. The best I've heard to do is, get a great companion, permanent soul puppet, and learn to dodge a lot. Your soul puppet and companion need to do most of the heavy lifting at present.

I don't consider the cleric a true DPS because they are suppose to be healers. At present most people will say the cleric is the way to go. But remember, by the time you reach level 80, they will drop an anvil on their head and then it will be the squishy class. It is just something Cryptic likes to do so very often. Surprise we fixed the cleric!

Just killing time...
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Classes aren't squishy if you build them with decent stats. All DPS can have the exact same HP and Damage Reduction. Proper use of Shift mechanic allows all classes to do fine.

Arbiter Cleric is a true DPS as per the devs repeated statements. The path struggles at DPS in some content due to design issues but this isnt WAI.

Wizard, Cleric and Warlock are the only functional ranged DPS at the moment and only Wizard is considered to be strong atbthe role. Even with the nerfs on Preview, it will still outperform the other two most likely.

Ranger is Melee only and the strongest melee DPS currently. That might change in the next mod but reports are that ranged dps will still be poor.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    exgardianexgardian Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    Just avoid Fighter DPS paragon
    2fv72Fw.png
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Hmm def looking into Wizards/Warlock which build has easier time leveling to 80 though ?
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,218 Arc User
    drakeos99 said:

Hmm def looking into Wizards which build has easier time leveling to 80 though ?

If what you really care is just to level up to 80, all of them are. You don't really need to know how to play for just leveling up to 80. I did that for 8 classes and in which 2 classes I did not (and still do not) know how to play properly.

Leveling up to 80 does not mean you finish all the campaign or anywhere close to end game.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    giz#2086 giz Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    Just avoid to play Hellbringer Warlock....Warlock DPS and "Strong" or "Viable" aren't never in the same sentence.
  • Options
    rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    giz#2086 said:

Just avoid to play Hellbringer Warlock....Warlock DPS and "Strong" or "Viable" aren't never in the same sentence.

"Warlock DPS is not strong and is not viable unless you only plan to do solo stuff"" is a correct sentence.

:p

• Options
    rjc9000 said:

giz#2086 said:

"Warlock DPS is not strong and is not viable unless you only plan to do solo stuff"" is a correct sentence.

:p
    Nobody can be that type of HAMSTER to play Warlock for solo...Even devs trolls them. It's amazing to see Zone chat/Groups or even Alliances/Discord conversations making jokes about how bad is Warlock as DPS. Nobody enjoys bullying when playing an online "game" that is supposed to be fun.
  • Options
    blargskullblargskull Member Posts: 514 Arc User
    Oh, if you want level 80 fast? Any class can get there without doing much of anything. My fighter class, never saw combat beyond level 12 or there about. He leveled up to end game by standing at the campfire invoking. If you toss some cheap Azure enchants on the head, arms, and feet utility slots it will happen much quicker. I think I used some XP booster packs and there is double XP events as well. He is one of the classes I made for my RP and not for real game play. He has completed nothing, no boons, and has been to Barovia and Yawning Portal but only to grab free gear there.

My advice is to take your time leveling up to 80, if you plan to experience the game. Much of the low level content will get locked out once you get beyond it. Then you will miss out on titles, achievements, and quests will no longer be available to your level 80 character. You won't be able to play end game content without gathering the proper skill sets, boons, and knowledge along the way. Other players will refuse to invite you to end game content as well, we can tell by peeking at your character sheet, and seeing how you have your character equipped.

Just killing time...
  • Options
    I just want to have strong ranged dps class that can have easier time grinding stuff and also do high dps/numbers to bosses and pvp as well
  • Options
    drakeos99 said:

I just want to have strong ranged dps class that can have easier time grinding stuff and also do high dps/numbers to bosses and pvp as well

Wizard is the only one that fits with that. All classes are good for solo and grinding but Wizard is the only ranged class that has HDPS to bosses. Wizard is the only strong ranged DPS for groups too, if you play Arbiter or Hellbringer everyone will push you to play healer. Wizard is pure DPS.
  • Options
    exgardianexgardian Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    As Fighter, better play as tank.
    2fv72Fw.png
  • Options
    So what best build for leveling wizard from 1-80+ ?
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    Doing whatever fits your style, then respec at 80.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    tribbulatertribbulater Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    OP may have missed it in the earlier posts, so just tossing in a reminder:

You don't need 'best builds' or power boosts to level to 80 in Neverwinter. Levelling in Neverwinter is fairly fast and easy. You will hit 80 just doing daily invoking and a few quests along the way. If you run the all story quests and the zones they take you to (which aren't hard), you will in general be a little higher level than the areas you're in - so not strained.

If you run those quests and also do your daily invokes and some Stronghold quests and some campaign tasks, you will level past content so quickly that you will miss various steps, achievements and rewards along the way. It's more common in Neverwinter to level too fast than to need help levelling to 80.

As already stated, as soon as you hit level 80 and want to start running stronger content, other people will be checking your gear and your item level and your completed campaigns etc. and they will know whether you are a "rushed" 80 (new level 80 with very little development along the way) or a well developed character who's spent some time increasing their power and getting decent gear along the way.

Because you don't need "best builds" to reach 80, it's best to use the levelling process to try out your various powers and feats etc. along the way. You'll have enough respecs from events like Christmas/Simril that you can change stuff around once you hit 80 (and you have two full build slots right off the bat).