test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

(serious question) Why did Cryptic go all grinch?

thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
edited December 2019 in Player Feedback (Xbox One)
Why did cryptic decide to go grinch for the holiday season this year?

I'm looking for an official response. I'm honestly curious.

I really don't understand what could possibly be the rationale?

this year you've lost a ton of players and even more good will with the remaining player base. Giving a really deep sale (like normal) and giving the normal stuff you give away at the holidays costs you nothing other than a few man hours and gets people reinvigorated.. so why did you cut back on the sales and only give away one honestly HAMSTER item to the players this year? (and with such an ironically insulting name like snowflake when looked at thru a certain lense....)

Especially when not doing it is effectively giving a lump of coal to everyone and making them even MORE bitter towards this game than they were before the holidays started. When you do the same thing every year it becomes expected..

So why not this year?
Post edited by thefiresidecat on

Comments

• thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    micky1p00 said:

Maybe they think we are all naughty elves this year.

(sorry, I'll go to my quiet corner now)

ohh maybe that's it.. too many dragonborn not enough elves.... labor shortage...
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    One could argue that it was more work for them to restrict the free items this winter festival than it would have been to give out the normal 7 days of free "gifts".

Instead of just "reactivating" the rewards they actually had to do some coding to remove rewards.
  • happywhoreshappywhores Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I am curious as well. And they killed thw drop rate on the gifts as well. Sad really
  • cts2000#2706 cts2000 Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    My kid plays another wildly popular mmo and he was all excited this afternoon, so when I asked why he showed me on his computer what all the fuss was about - he got a Millenium Falcon in one of his Winterfest gifts. When I looked over that game's whole Winterfest offerings....holy toledo batman....I'm sorry, but I felt even more let down by Cryptic this holiday season.