First of all i woul like to welcome our new executive Producer. Welcome to Neverwinter Chris Whiteside (@cwhitesidedev#9752
To introduce myself im playing this game since the closed beta. I had some breaks from the game with the last one to be with the arrive of module 16. I am back in the game, one month now and i am D&D fan. I dont want to talk for the module 16 changes, i want to keep this thread for positive feedback and suggestions.
So lets get straight to the point. What changes Neverwinter Need?
Since Neverwinter is both PVP/PVE, i will try to talk for both of them. I think PVP and PVE shouldnt be affecting so much another and the game need two separe developer teams.1. PVPCLASS NERFS
From what i remember so far Neverwinter is suffering when a class is very good in PVE outdpsing other classes and gets nerfs that make it not playable in PVP. From another prespective we have all seen nerfs to classes, cause it was oneshoting others in PVP and they had to nerf, affecting PVE.
- When you want to make a change to an encounter, cause you want to affect the class balance in PVP, simple change the damage it does to other players.
- If you want to scale down the crits that oneshot players, simple put an upper limit for the crits in pvp to be 100k crit (the number is an example).
The second thing that need to change in PVP, is to make it alive. There arent people queueing for PVP cause you get nothing from PVP, the way it is now.
- Put PVP in daily randoms. So people will get in queue to take their rough Astral Diamonds (AD)
- Give rough Astral Diamonds to the loosers and to the winners just give a bigger price (more Astral Diamond and chance for some mark of potency, etc...)
- Give something that worth to farm for it. Better PVP gear, a good Artifact, ....
So many years passed and in PVP nothing had changed since the last mod 17, that introduced a new arena map. Come on devs, dont be lazy.
- This is an easyone for you. Reskin the exising arena we had with the 3 bases and give us three or more new skins of it. For example, first skin can be a winter map with frozen lake and frozen caves. You can put an elite Yeti inside too and whoever kills it take a small buff for 1min. Second map can be with lava and mount hotenow landscape. Third map can be with jungle and big plants, where you can hid in them (oponents cahnt see you in the pants).
- Give new pvp modes. You can give us a castle mode. Where both teams start in upper rooms of a castle. Both Rooms same if you reverse map and they are leading to a central room (hall). From the team bases (rooms), two big stairs from each side, lead to the central halll. In the central room a flag spawns with timer and each time try to get the flag and bring it to their base (room). The team with 5 flags wins. Be carefull of the rogues the flags can be stolen!
- Give a new arena mode like the Arena in Hellpit. Where people can fightr 2v2 and 1v1 (duel mode). You can request duel with someone and get transfered in the 1v1 arena if he accepts.
- Finally, i would love to see a MOBA style mode. A small MOBA map, not big like the stronghold, but a small map just for 5 players. A crystal in every base, small turrets not like the big buildings in stronghold, but more like big collums (x2 to x2,5 player height).
Since this game is Dugeon and Dragons themed, i think that Developers should respect more the lore and try to "give life" to the D&D books. So, for start hire some D&D geeks. Dont forget that when you make something, give the lore, tell us the story, show us the maps. We want to see these things.
For example, you pronounce a new module 18 and you say for nine hells and you throw us some screenshots in a small video and .... the end.
Tell us the story. A small cinematic, show to the people what Nine Hells are, what layer we will visit, why we go there. Tell us... You are the Dungeon Masters..... Tell us the story, dont forget that plz.MAP
Starting with that. The game NEED a new map. The one we have now is struggling. I feel claustrophobic in there.
You have D&D guys, you have everything ready. We are in Forgotten Reams setting, so give us the map of our world (map) Abeir-Toril, known as Toril.
Let people to zoom in areas but make playable only the places you want. Then give us a better zoom in in the Faerun continent. Neverwinter is just a speck in The lands of Fearun. Neverwinter lies along the upper Sword coast. Finally take us to the city of Neverwinter where Tales of The Realm begins.DUNGEONS
This game is D&D, we want Dungeons no events, no heroic encounters, no endless campaigns that need to do the same thing every day for a month.
We want you to choose the adventure. Read it, get the feeling and "give life" to it....
Show us the maps, tell us the story, what we hear, what we fell, show us a cinematic.
For example, each new mod you give us a dungeon and thats all. Give us two or three dungeons. Make the old dungeons worth to play them. Demogorgon set that gets a nerf was in that way. Cradle of the death God (codg) will always be a dungeon we will do. Give things in the older dungeons worth to farm. For example to create a set you need the heart from the epic Karrundax and make the fight of the red dragon more epic (hard mode epic). You need part from the horns from Orcus Castle Never and so on.
The Tales of Old system should be adopted and get in every dungeon. You can finish x1 the dungeon take the regular reward, finish it x5 (same scaling to difficulty with Tales of Old) and you get chance for epic and legendary mark of potency and enchanting stones. Give time and lifes as you gave to Tales of Old, throw random bonuses for time and lifes as you gave. That system is amazing and would be great to have it in every dungeon.
Give the old Dungeons back in game. Tales of Old should be always up and let people play it when they want. Let people farm it and just tell them what is the max of coins they can get per week.
We want the old Castle Never back!!!
Give us K-Team back...... Give us reason to do K-team for the endgame gear. So you will always need shards from K-team to progress and craft the endgame item.
Finally, here i want to mention the events and how boring is to have an event starting after another event ends, with same content and same rewards always. Give us instead dungeons
For example, Christmas the winter has come, give us dungeons kill the evil santa, kill the snow queen and create adventures to rescue the village from the christmas troll.
In Summer give us an adventure with a sunken temple, underwater action, we swim and we go underwater.CLASSES AND PARAGON PATHS
The second thing i think Neverwinter need is more classes and new paragons for the existing ones. Seems that developers stoped working on the classes. I have a character of every class and with the new chages in mod16 i have to say that the powers should be more generic and not so encounter based.
For example justicar paladin, there powers if you use this encounter that heal you make threat (i dont want to heal, i want to tank), or you can take this power that make this encounter blah blah (but i will not use this encounter in endgame). Dont worry if you use your this daily you will do blah blah, (but i will never use this daily), you have another option if you use this daily you will heal everyone (but i want to tank)
There too many powers that say when you do this encounter, or this daily, that you dont even use them. The powers should be more generic and make you the paragon you chose.
For example, in wizards there is a path "master of flames" and yet there are in there powers that want to make it frost mage. The paragon paths are still a mess, arcanist seems to be a mix of arcane magic and spellstorm mage. They should separate them all. Give more generic spells and more paragon speced spells.
Rangers and Rogues seem to be in the right way. Devine Clerics i love the mechanics in arbiter DC. Barbarians should be dps not tanks, and instead of tank barbarians should be able to be either Great Weapon Fighting or Two-Weapon Fighting and get Berserker and Twinclaw Slayer (Whirling Slayer). Warlocks as the wizards need a rework on their paths too. Fighters should be more versatile and be able to change weapons in combat. For example, use bow and change to shield and mainhand, or if they want to go dps,to be able to either go Great Weapon Fighting or Two-Weapon Fighting or range dps.RACES
The changes in mod16 to the races, was a step back, no more roll dice, dexterity giving movement.... Every class want to get this dexterity just for the movement there. Give faster movement to all classes and remove this movement from dexterity. Wizards want dexterity for critical severity (and for the movement ofcourse). In what world?? Again people talk with some D&D geeks plz and change the races.
As for the game perspective, the dragonborn should not be so powerfull compared to the other races (as you said you want to balance everything) reduce the damage boost, or give to all races damage boost. For example, give to orcs melee damage boost and to elfs, moon elf, drow, range dps boost, etc.... Humans need a rework. Dwarfs should have more Hit points from the other races. Some other races should get penalties to their hit points (or to constitution). Still when you make changes to races, like you did in mod16, you should give to all the players a race reroll. You cant change something like that and dont care about the players, how will adopt to the changes.