"The game is just not fun anymore"

Comments

• putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    pretty sure Kali Gold was referring to Peter Grant of Led Zepplin
  • dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    putzboy78 said:

pretty sure Kali Gold was referring to Peter Grant of Led Zepplin

That's what The Took figured as well.

Kaligold ( @mrvincent1959 ), God bless him, is a... shall Took say... seasoned gentleman of a certain age?
    But so is The Took lol.

Not everyone in NW knows and appreciates the glory that is Led Zepplin!
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
  • lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    Maybe its just a communication breakdown, it's always the same.
  • calicobillcalicobill Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 36 Arc User
    I'm an older vet player. Started in Mod 3, left at the launch of Mod 11. I came back last week to the game on a whim. Just clicked on the icon again to see what has changed. I had 9 toons at 70 from before. None of the had BiS gear but close to it. I quit before because new Mod meant all my gear was obsolete. Now I needed to grind the new gear...again. Already did it several times didn't want to do it again.

So I come back, consolidate my gear from nine toons down to four. The other two are now pack mules. Took about 5 hours to get my OP up to 80 and start the uprising campaign. Ran a few ME's but nothing else yet. I was off yesterday and figured I would get the other toons current to the uprising Spacedock. At that point I could get a better feel for which one I wanted to main.

In one day I got my DC,CW,TR to finish Undermountain. It was fun but I haven't run many of the dungeons yet, just a few Tiamat and Demo for old time sake. I'll be off for the holidays so I'll do some of the double campaign rewards and see what I do after that.

I'm a casual gamer for NWO for the moment. I play other games as well, but I can tell you this is not the same game I played long ago. So to me it is a new game with old memories. What can they do to fix it? I'm not sure but after playing a week after a several year break the maps, quests and voice overs are already repetitive.
  • rishikesa#0564 rishikesa Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    Definitely agree. I fled from NW since early September. No more fun, too much expensive to have strong characters. About 4 years in NW, but after Mod.16 and worse after Mod. 17, it's no longer worth it. I suggest to play other fantasy MMORPG... now I can taste the real fun.
    Laksmi ---> splendid DC
    Purple Knight ---> scoundrel TR
    Surya Namaskar ---> strong GWF
    Golia ---> fair GF
    Nausicaa ---> dark SW
    Pallyda ---> growing up OP
  • glinda#8550 glinda Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    It's not fun anymore most toon's getting nerfed :( and we have to deal with it...it's getting to be like a competition now... and very technical not like a "GAME" just wish it went back (way b4 this) sad...to see when lots leave..b :(
  • dionchidionchi Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    I think the game is still fun for newbies (up to level 70 anyway), those who really, really like lengthy grinds or for players who have BIS gear or near BIS gear who can successfully farm Astral Diamonds and traverse some of the new content - until they get bored with that as well...

But for those of us who don't live for the grind, have surpassed character level 70 and the related quests and haven't mined AD's or bought our way into great gear it amounts to slowly amassing enough AD's to improve our characters or just replaying content we've already done a dozen times just to stay with the game.

Speaking for myself only, I'm certainly not going to spend real world currency on items that will probably become obsolete within the next mod or two, even in content totally unrelated to the new content release - I've already done that a time or two and have learned the futility of doing that.

If I want to buy gear to successfully play Sharandar, the Dread Ring, Tyranny of Dragons, Chult, Barovia or whatever and can do that - life is good... However if I buy gear to successfully play any those areas and before I've completed it I find my gear that used to be good enough, just isn't good enough any more I'm not about to repeat my mistake and buy more stuff just to be able to successfully play in areas where my existing gear used to be good enough.

I think that has been one of the major problems with Neverwinter, not the release of new content or the fiddling with character, companion or other item stats in that new content, but with the alteration of character and other item abilities in previous content that has nothing to do with the newly released content.

No one wants to repeatedly throw good money after bad because what they have, maybe what they've purchased with their hard earned currency suddenly 'isn't good enough' in content where it used to be, especially when they suspect it's just going to happen again.
    DD~
  • gleichgewichtnwgleichgewichtnw Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    Wait.

edit: What is that? I posted a long comment. Took me 15 Minutes. Had to edit some typos. Now somehow all is gone. Not the text, the whole post.

Nothing works here anymore. :(

That was spontaneous, pouring the heart of an player and guild leader since closed alpha who spend some money in the game and now his guild and friendlist are empty. I will not post it again. :(

Too make it short. If you just have 1-2 hours daily for this game, it is too much to do und too much frustration. If you are in random queue, nobody knows the tacitcs anymore and relie on DPS. Fail horribly and you get nothing for it. 30 Minutes to an hour gone for nothing. And for your money you get not much anymore. Before I spend 20$ monthly to support the defelopers, not because I needed to. Not I would have to invest much more.
  • gleichgewichtnwgleichgewichtnw Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    putzboy78 said:

Here is my theory. WotC bought Tuque Games. So WotC doesn’t care about this game anymore as they are as long as the content released doesn’t hurt their IP. They are milking the last dime out of Neverwinter. Unlike kaligold who thinks @cwhitesidedev#9752 is the Peter Grant of Neverwinter, I believe he is more like the Bobs from Office Space. Here to cut the fat, but we will be no better for it.

Oh, thank you for calming my frustation about the game and the somehow deleted post.
    That sounds nice. ATM I spend 40$ per month on a D&D clicker game and have more fun with that low stuff than with a full grown MMO :D
  • pjohnakospjohnakos Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    I agree that this game has bigger age people. We have jobs, families. I am 35 years old and i cant grind stupid events anymore.

I want to enter in game and do 1 or 2 good dungeons with my friends. See a new stories, new adventures, travel inside the world, see landscapes, relax, maybe sometime pvp to kill someone if i feel that way :open_mouth: , BUT
    i cant grind anymore like when i was 18, i cant be online all the time, everyday, i cant fish, I cant catch chickens, or whatever stupid events propose, i just want to play a good story dungeon.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User

pjohnakos said:

I agree that this game has bigger age people. We have jobs, families. I am 35 years old and i cant grind stupid events anymore.

I want to enter in game and do 1 or 2 good dungeons with my friends. See a new stories, new adventures, travel inside the world, see landscapes, relax, maybe sometime pvp to kill someone if i feel that way :open_mouth: , BUT
    i cant grind anymore like when i was 18, i cant be online all the time, everyday, i cant fish, I cant catch chickens, or whatever stupid events propose, i just want to play a good story dungeon.

This game has many much older age people than you may think.
    There are many retired, grandpa, grandma, here.
    35 is young. :)
    I wish I could be 35 again. prime of life.