test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

REMOVE THE GOLD SYSTEM (for Enchantments)

2»

Comments

• ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    @plasticbat Yes, ALL gears do not have same slots. Hence me stating "Just about every" and not "Every single".

There are outliers. And you're right on rings and unlocked slots. I didn't think that far since it was an off the cuff idea I had.

Still doesn't mean they can't separate the slots. They could standardize the slots if desired as well.

The point being, there are other options if some creativity is applied to the design of the system.

Or just remove gold cost. lol
  • grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User

Annoying, Frustrating and a waste of everyone's time. 40 gold every time I want to change from healing to tanking for ToMM. Please remove this useless feature.

In normal D&D, 1 Astral Diamond = 10,000 gp. Since your using millions of Astral Diamonds as the normal currency, why the heck do mobs only drop only a few coppers. This makes 0 sense.

This is originally based on 4e and when the game started the switch costs were in AD (up to 250,000/enchant switchout). Now if you want to pay 4,000,000 AD every time you switchout, go ahead and ask to switch.

A simpler solution is to set up 2 loadouts (1 Heal and 1 Tank (or whatever) and switch loadouts at the nearest Campfire. Yes, you will need extra Enchants.
  • grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User

Well this blew up. And yeah didn't really mean it literally "remove the gold system" just the cost on changing those enchantments. Very annoying when you gotta swap like 20, cause you need radients in defense for tanking but in offense for healing, not to mention all the others and even runestones. But this is never going to happen, especially since it gives an incentive to make/buy even more enchants.

Another option would be to focus on it from a different avenue.

Instead of removing the gold cost, I wish they would alter the way enchant slots function in loadouts and make the slots almost independent of the gear. Just about every head gear has the same slots. If you separate the slot form the gear, it allows us to put one enchant in there for one loadout, and another for a different loadout.

They can keep the removal gold cost since you only need to remove when you actually want to test/change something on that loadout. And we get the swap on loadouts for no cost since it's part of the loadout.

The gears do not have the same slots. The level 70/80 gear may seem that way but even that is not 100% true.
    Some has overload slot and some does not.
    Weapon can have extra slots if it is upgraded to legendary.
    Ring can have utility slot (I only know about one though).
    I believe only Artifact neck and belt can have utility slot.
    Head, Arms and Feet also have Utility slots.
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    Call me a noob, but how is it possible to trade gold for AD or for Trade Bars? Teach me the ways...
    sto-sig-pic.png
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    crm14916 said:

Call me a noob, but how is it possible to trade gold for AD or for Trade Bars? Teach me the ways...

Use gold to buy gold bar (there is a trader outside of Seven Suns Coster Market building who sell you gold bar).
    Put gold bar to AH to sell. When somebody buys it, you get AD.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • demenoss#9306 demenoss Member Posts: 205 Arc User

Well this blew up. And yeah didn't really mean it literally "remove the gold system" just the cost on changing those enchantments. Very annoying when you gotta swap like 20, cause you need radients in defense for tanking but in offense for healing, not to mention all the others and even runestones. But this is never going to happen, especially since it gives an incentive to make/buy even more enchants.

To be honest, I didn't see that in the title. Did you add that? :) In the case of removing gold cost of swapping enchants, HELLS YEAH that needs to go!
    Guild: Noble Misfits
    Silky Pan'teeze: Drow Wizard --- Madres de Nasae: Half-elf Rouge
    Kepler: Human Paladin --- Demenoss: Dragonborn Barbarian
    Divine Pan'teeze: Drow Cleric --- Nikki Sharparrow: Human Ranger
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User

Use gold to buy gold bar (there is a trader outside of Seven Suns Coster Market building who sell you gold bar).

A lot different vendors sell that gold bar.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    greywynd said:

A lot different vendors sell that gold bar.
    I knew but that was the only one I can remember. I think the one in the tavern sells gold bar too.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • nhogsnhogs Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Hi,

In case anyone is in doubt; I would not remove gold from the game. I for one manage to make a fair amount of AD via various conversion methods which (a bit like the old Android gateway) I can do on a cheap low spec window's tablet when I cant get to my main PC (travelling) etc. and have a few minutes here and there to spare. The ability to play the game like this is a good way of keeping me involved in a great game, provides incentive and I can keep reasonably up to strength.

That said; I also consider PIT's view on the (frankly) sheer 'annoyance' in time, effort and expense to change enchants on loadouts to be counterproductive in playing the game. I now carry three sets of gear (with variations) as well: one to maximise fighting speed/capability (capable of LOMM but none TOMM), one to collect refinements (QM etc.) and of course one for TOMM practice... currently the system drives us into using mental (and thankfully Jane's) calculators all over the place and becomes (for me) a memory test to the extent that I don't really go for TOMM currently that much...

For me the solution would be to allow placing our enchants etc. into a single bag/repository (like the new appearances) and simply allow the loadouts to remember which enchants are in which slot so that when we change to a particular loadout the kit and relevant enchants are specific and do not cost us the extra gold for continually changing (I can just about face a one off cost to setup the loadout) etc. and yes we still need to be able to trade enchants as well.

Haell